Too bad for Thomas Jones

K-Rhodes25

It sucks that Thomas Jones had such a bad game. It was %99 the o-lines fault. I think that when he broke off those 2 10 yard runs it showed what he can do every play with a little help. I think hes the real deal and if he can get some help on the line he can carry this team.

Thomas Jones.....

If I was a betting man I'd bet that he won't even be on the roster next year..

He is a North- South runner. he needs a mauling OL in order to open holes for him. He sucked before he got to CHICAGO. Our OL leaves a lot to be desired but lets not blame TJ for a terrible Mangenius personnel decision! Eric should know and use his personnel a lot better then he does. Are we really a 3-4 team? Vilma, like TJ, is getting screwed!

He is a North- South runner. he needs a mauling OL in order to open holes for him. He sucked before he got to CHICAGO. Our OL leaves a lot to be desired but lets not blame TJ for a terrible Mangenius personnel decision! Eric should know and use his personnel a lot better then he does. Are we really a 3-4 team? Vilma, like TJ, is getting screwed!

We, at this time, do NOT have the proper players for a 3/4. Didn't last year either, obviously. It's still a "work in progress".

Why does Thomas Jones get the "o-line sucked" excuse whenever Kevan Barlow and Cedric Houston couldn't get it last year?Yeah, the offensive line did suck, but you aren't going to be confusing Thomas Jones and Walter Payton anytime soon.

Jets fans are now starting to see why so many Bears fans were not all that upset when Jones left. Unfortunately Benson got bottled up too this week.

Why does Thomas Jones get the "o-line sucked" excuse whenever Kevan Barlow and Cedric Houston couldn't get it last year?Yeah, the offensive line did suck, but you aren't going to be confusing Thomas Jones and Walter Payton anytime soon.

No, you are dumb. If the OL is great and our opponents are weak, then TJ will put up great numbers and therefore will be above-average.

League average = 4.0ypc

Thomas Jones average = 4.0ypc

I disagree. We played quite a few "weak" opponents last year and Jones could only muster 4 100 yard games. Jones is average regardless of the situation. Being ranked 16th in the league last year is about as average as you can get.

I disagree. We played quite a few "weak" opponents last year and Jones could only muster 4 100 yard games. Jones is average regardless of the situation. Being ranked 16th in the league last year is about as average as you can get.

I was being sarcastic. Jones is very average & that was the point with the 4.0 comment.

What happened to this bruiser we had named Barnes. Was he hurt, I didn't see him once. Wasn't he supposed to help?

HOLY SH*T. ONE F**KING GAME PEOPLE. ONE GAME. SHOW SOME SOME BALLS!!!!

If you think this is a one game only deal, you're nuts. As if the offensive line will magically become beasts and Thomas Jones will magically morph into an above-average starting RB, something he has never been. Bull****. The "haters" have been saying this would happen for months, and it is in the process of happening, not a one game fluke.

you know even if he is only average that is still a huge upgrade over what we had last year.

Is an average, 29 year-old RB worth $5M/year AND dropping down in the draft to the point where we missed out on the top BADLY NEEDED guard, that would do more for our running game than this mediocre RB alone?

We'd have been better off with Blalock & a Chris Brown/Leon Washington backfield and another $3M/yr in cap space to make a UFA like Faneca more affordable a year later.

you know even if he is only average that is still a huge upgrade over what we had last year.

Yes it is, and they made this deal not knowing that Houston would retire. The RBBC we had last year was not coming back for an encore.

He'll get the 4 yds per carry if the OL decides to block and open some holes.

If the OL doesnt block it will be a long year anyway. The FO could have spent some $ on FA OL since they are under the cap, but they are cheap bastids (how much are they charging to park and take a bus to the stadium again?)

Who was it, bornjetsfan19453 who said Thomas Jones would really help out the offense??? YEAH, Thomas Jones is soooo awesome. I hate to say I told ya so, again, but yeah I told ya so. Jones is a JAG, merely above average back.

Leon > Jones

Wow, just wow.

Whatever you smoke I'd like some too please.

If you think this is a one game only deal, you're nuts. As if the offensive line will magically become beasts and Thomas Jones will magically morph into an above-average starting RB, something he has never been. Bull****. The "haters" have been saying this would happen for months, and it is in the process of happening, not a one game fluke.

I'm one of those "haters". :) By season end Jets fans are going to want to run Jones out of town.

Archived