Jets\Pats -- Belly Cheated: MERGED

Jet Moses

I'm sorry but rewarding the picks to the Jets is an idiotic idea and would piss off everybody who likes football except for Jets fans. Yes it would be awesome for us but its completely unfair to the other franchises and uncalled for.

Whoever started the idea that the Jets deserve the draft picks and had it blow up like this is a moron.

Awarding the Jets some form of pick as compensation makes more sense to me than a forfeit. I admit it's pretty unlikely and may be unwieldy to put into practice, but if they don't give the Jets something they are either stating that the cheating didn't matter or that every team was equally harmed, which isn't very likely. I'd have proposed a minimal late round pick to the Jets along with the fines/higher picks being forfeited.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also to everybody who says the Jets should get the draft picks, how would you feel if Greenbay had caught them last year? Would you be screaming that Greenbay deserves the Pats draft choices? What if we never traded up in the draft and still had the pick right after NE which went to the Packers. What if they then took someone like Blalock who everyone on this website wanted? How pissed off would you be that the Packers got that draft pick?

Umm I never said the fanbase was idiots I said its an idiotic idea. Clearly all Jets fans would like it but if the league did that it would be a dumb move on there part that isn't neccesary. The only thing you can reasonably argue the Jets deserve over this is a rematch THAT IS IT. Otherwise its completely unreasonable and I'm sure every NFL fan besides Jets fans would be pissed.

I don't care. You think the rest of the league gives a damn about us? They're all busy making fun of us whenever we lose.

Who are you to tell me what I can and can't reasonably argue? I don't accept you as some sort of ethical and moral arbiter. What makes you think you have the right to tell people anything?

If you don't want to root for the Jets and are more concerned about other NFL teams, get the **** off this site and start rooting for other teams.

Why is it such a bad idea? It would get every team to be on the lookout for cheaters, instead of just accepting it. With everyone on the lookout, nobody except BB would be stupid enough to keep cheating. Those other teams ALL did NOTHING! NOW after Mangini and the Jets do all the tough work, they want to whine that it's unfair to them and they were cheated too?

Did you ever read that story about making bread? I forget it, but I think it was one of those fable type things. Anyway, someone goes around asking for help, and everyone refuses. Then that person bakes the bread or whatever it was, and everybody wants to get it too. The person/animal refuses because they did nothing to help.

You're being absolutely absurd. Look at how the Pats fans treat us, even now they refuse to admit any wrong doing and look to find any way possible to shift the blame and focus! EVERY other team's fans is going to do the same thing, but our idiot fanbase is busy trying to be "fair" to everyone else. I'm sick of that kind of thing. Why can't we support our team like homers if everyone else gets to be a homer? I respect a guy like ecurb even if I disagree with him just because I think that type of fan is needed to help the team and the team's image.

Just curious, why do you think Mangini waited till his second season playing against them to expose it? Would last years' playoffs seem like a better opportunity?

Also to everybody who says the Jets should get the draft picks, how would you feel if Greenbay had caught them last year? Would you be screaming that Greenbay deserves the Pats draft choices? What if we never traded up in the draft and still had the pick right after NE which went to the Packers. What if they then took someone like Blalock who everyone on this website wanted? How pissed off would you be that the Packers got that draft pick?

Yeah I actually would think that GB should get the picks. Shouldn't the Jets get some kind of compensation for that game?

How does that change anything? The Pats could have taken that player themselves, and we'd still be pissed then? That's absurd.

I'd be happy that GB caught and exposed them, and the Pats couldn't cheat against US, who play them at least twice a year every year. A draft pick for vigilance for another team that's not even in my conference? Hell yeah that's awesome, it won't make the Packers into a juggernaut. It just weakens the Pats.

I don't care. You think the rest of the league gives a damn about us? They're all busy making fun of us whenever we lose.

Who are you to tell me what I can and can't reasonably argue? I don't accept you as some sort of ethical and moral arbiter. What makes you think you have the right to tell people anything?

If you don't want to root for the Jets and are more concerned about other NFL teams, get the **** off this site and start rooting for other teams.

You clearly aren't getting this at all and don't realize the real issue behind the Pats cheating which has little to do with the Jets overall. This has to do with the INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. You are only pissed that its the Pats and they possibly beat the Jets because of this. You are the fan who if this was an NFC team probably wouldn't care about this that much. IF YOU ARE A FAN OF FOOTBALL THIS IS A MUCH BIGGER ISSUE THAN ONE F*CKING GAME FOR THE JETS. As much as I love the Jets I get that and know theres no reasonable way to explain how the Jets deserve the draft pick over everyone else.

Just curious, why do you think Mangini waited till his second season playing against them to expose it? Would last years' playoffs seem like a better opportunity?

He was trying to get the evidence, and he also needed to establish his reputation. If you work for someone and expose them, you don't have a job, also it's hard to expose someone when you're working for them and they watch you like a hawk anyway. Then his first season, he needs to prove he can coach, and also needs to catch BB in the act.

So it's partly career preservation, and partly to gain evidence. The guy has to put food on the table, can't blame him. Can't blame a lot of people, BB for sure deserves the blame though.

How does that change anything? The Pats could have taken that player themselves, and we'd still be pissed then? That's absurd.

I'd be happy that GB caught and exposed them, and the Pats couldn't cheat against US, who play them at least twice a year every year. A draft pick for vigilance for another team that's not even in my conference? Hell yeah that's awesome, it won't make the Packers into a juggernaut. It just weakens the Pats.

That proves my point, you don't give a **** about the integrity of the NFL and don't get what the real issue behind this is. You're just getting your panties in a bunch cause its you're teams rival and you are mad and jealous.

You clearly aren't getting this at all and don't realize the real issue behind the Pats cheating which has little to do with the Jets overall. This has to do with the INTEGRITY OF THE GAME. You are only pissed that its the Pats and they possibly beat the Jets because of this. You are the fan who if this was an NFC team probably wouldn't care about this that much. IF YOU ARE A FAN OF FOOTBALL THIS IS A MUCH BIGGER ISSUE THAN ONE F*CKING GAME FOR THE JETS. As much as I love the Jets I get that and know theres no reasonable way to explain how the Jets deserve the draft pick over everyone else.

No you're the one who doesn't get anything and somehow thinks he's smarter than everyone else and can judge people and tell them exactly what to think and how. You've just got opinions, you don't have any FACTs for your viewpoints. Stop stating everything as a fact.

No you're the one who doesn't get anything and somehow thinks he's smarter than everyone else and can judge people and tell them exactly what to think and how. You've just got opinions, you don't have any FACTs for your viewpoints. Stop stating everything as a fact.

Ok so explain to me reasonably how the Jets at all deserve a draft pick for this?

That proves my point, you don't give a **** about the integrity of the NFL and don't get what the real issue behind this is. You're just getting your panties in a bunch cause its you're teams rival and you are mad and jealous.

Oh you are so brilliant. You bring up this GB example and expect you've made some sort of brilliant point and everyone will agree with you. When it turns out nobody thinks like you, you've now got to completely back pedal and try to make yourself not look like a moron, so you try an argument that makes absolutely no logical sense.

"Proves your point" huh? Do you even know what your point is? You are getting all worked up over this dumb moral crusade you have going because you think you've realized something that nobody else has, when in reality everyone has considered it and doesn't consider it the way you do at all.

You're telling me I got my panties in a bunch when you've been firing off posts at least as fast as me, and getting all emotional over it.

Dude, its easy being a Jets fan to say, Gimme gimme gimme! we got screwed! But the fact is they were screwing over everyone by doing this. By either giving us the win or their draft picks they're giving the Jets an unfair advantage over the rest of the league.

Anyteam can say the rest of the league sh!ts on them. Imagine being a Lions, cards, or browns fan? You can get mad and tell people off for expressing their view of what the league will do by looking at the whole picture and not just what they're feeling as a Jets fan. I'm a huge jet fan, but I'm not going to let that love blind me from what I think the league should/will do. Telling someone to get off the forum site and root for other teams just starts stupid agruements nad namecalling. If thats what forums are about, maybe I'm in thew wrong place.

We really don't know the specifics yet...could be really deep doo doo if caught again. Look, they've already tarnished their organization forever as far as I'm concerned...no Patsie fan can ever throw up to me on our site how great they are...they cheated. Prove otherwise that your video/audio didn't help in those championship seasons. There will always be that doubt. Screw 'em.

That is what is great about it. WE HAVE THE A-BOMB!!! Forever.

Use it often people!

Belichick had better be suspended for SOME length of time, 4 games I could live with I guess but I would say 365 days as of friday. He shouldnt be able to be on that friggen sideline come sunday. To hell with the draft picks, lets just take Adalius Thomas and call it even.

He was trying to get the evidence, and he also needed to establish his reputation. If you work for someone and expose them, you don't have a job, also it's hard to expose someone when you're working for them and they watch you like a hawk anyway. Then his first season, he needs to prove he can coach, and also needs to catch BB in the act.

So it's partly career preservation, and partly to gain evidence. The guy has to put food on the table, can't blame him. Can't blame a lot of people, BB for sure deserves the blame though.

We played them three times last year, and in all those games he couldn't find a guy without a red vest holding a camera pointed at the coaches? Seems odd to me. Busting the Pats while the being the Jets HC I don't think would of hurt his situation in NY.

Dude, its easy being a Jets fan to say, Gimme gimme gimme! we got screwed! But the fact is they were screwing over everyone by doing this. By either giving us the win or their draft picks they're giving the Jets an unfair advantage over the rest of the league.

Anyteam can say the rest of the league sh!ts on them. Imagine being a Lions, cards, or browns fan? You can get mad and tell people off for expressing their view of what the league will do by looking at the whole picture and not just what they're feeling as a Jets fan. I'm a huge jet fan, but I'm not going to let that love blind me from what I think the league should/will do. Telling someone to get off the forum site and root for other teams just starts stupid agruements nad namecalling. If thats what forums are about, maybe I'm in thew wrong place.

I would have wanted GB to get the draft picks too, as in the example he suggested. It gives teams an incentive to catch the cheaters, rather than just have everyone cheat. But whatever, nobody ever changed their mind on the internet. I'm perfectly okay with someone expressing their views, but look at his earlier posts basically discounting any other opinion, that is what set me off.

Ok so explain to me reasonably how the Jets at all deserve a draft pick for this?

I can reasonably explain it. How many times have the Patriots been actually legitimately caught cheating? If it's just this once and the Jets may have lost a game for it, they deserve some form of compensation.

If it's not just one game, please explain: Why weren't the Patriots fined, suspended and/or punished previously? If you want to protect the "integrity of the game", this has to be the only time they've been caught red-handed and therefore the Jets are the only team we know was wronged.

I don't believe that the majority of the punishment should come the Jets way, but there ought to be some token sent and we all know it's not going to be in the form of a Bill Belichick public apology.

I think we should wait until the official word comes from Goodell.

I'm sure this is one of the options on the table, but this in not the "official" ruling.

Here's another report that discusses possible suspension.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/09/13/belichick/

Again, none of these are official.

The voice of reason and she is absolutely correct.

I would have wanted GB to get the draft picks too, as in the example he suggested. It gives teams an incentive to catch the cheaters, rather than just have everyone cheat. But whatever, nobody ever changed their mind on the internet. I'm perfectly okay with someone expressing their views, but look at his earlier posts basically discounting any other opinion, that is what set me off.

Agreed and of course, the name caLLING was inappropriate too. I sent an e-mail to the commish asking that the picks be granted to the Jets plus a fine and long suspension.

I can reasonably explain it. How many times have the Patriots been actually legitimately caught cheating? If it's just this once and the Jets may have lost a game for it, they deserve some form of compensation.

If it's not just one game, please explain: Why weren't the Patriots fined, suspended and/or punished previously? If you want to protect the "integrity of the game", this has to be the only time they've been caught red-handed and therefore the Jets are the only team we know was wronged.

I don't believe that the majority of the punishment should come the Jets way, but there ought to be some token sent and we all know it's not going to be in the form of a Bill Belichick public apology.

And thats why if the Jets were wronged they deserve a rematch or maybe a forfeit on the part of the Pats. Getting draft picks would work out much better for us over time than winning that one game. Its a completely unequal reward to what happened.

Also I think if Bellichik doesn't get suspended theres going to be lots of talk by fans and the media complaining.

BELICHICK TO BE SUSPENDED?

Don Banks and Peter King of SI.com report that the NFL is considering the possibility of stripping a first-day pick from the New England Patriots, and also suspending coach Bill Belichick.

League sources told SI.com that Commissioner Roger Goodell has not yet decided on a punishment. The determination will be announced on Friday.

One option that has been ruled out is forfeiture of Sunday's 38-14 win over the Jets.

Goodell is attempting to balance the punishment between the organization and Belichick. The draft pick that is taken from the team could be a first-rounder selection, and a multi-game suspension could be imposed on Belichick.

And thats why if the Jets were wronged they deserve a rematch or maybe a forfeit on the part of the Pats. Getting draft picks would work out much better for us over time than winning that one game. Its a completely unequal reward to what happened.

Also I think if Bellichik doesn't get suspended theres going to be lots of talk by fans and the media complaining.

1. We all know that there is no way that the game will be forfeited or re-played. You think giving the Jets a draft pick would be difficult? They are going to replay a game? When? Who loses the bye week? The idea of a do-over is the one truly laughable proposal. I doubt anybody will go for a forfeit either-are we all going to hit the sports book for a refund?

2. How is a low draft pick an "unequal award" for one game? Most 6th and 7th round picks are lucky to make the practice squad, let alone actually change the outcome of a game. Every coach in the NFL would give up any player off their practice squad for a win. In fact I'd be most would give any player on the bottom quarter of their roster for one. Teams get picks for **** all the time. Like tampering. Remember Herm? Parcells? I don't see them getting a first day pick, but IMO, the Jets have to get something.

PS: The Jets WERE wronged. Their the ones the tape was pointing at. The "integrity of the game" was not harmed unless the Jets were.

the pats didnt cheat vs the jets, the tape was confiscated, you can't say they should forfit the game

they should be forced to give up a #1 pick, that will teach a good lesson

So according to you the jets didn`t get cheated cause BILL GOT CAUGHT CHEATING on the JETS and he didn`t have a chance to use the tape ...So what about the other games they`ve played against the JETS ,Now you will say there`s no proof (even though there was enough proof to have the NFL investigateing this game from the beginning) This time they caught him with the proof & should hit him with everything they can to punish BB & the PATSY`s

Archived