Jets\Pats -- Belly Cheated: MERGED

Jet Moses

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess Pats fans should be happy about this, it's hard to find a guy less credible than Drudge.

Like him or not, he is considered THE traffic mover on the internet news sites. When a news media outlet gets linked by him, traffic goes through the roof.

Max should float a story about catching smizzy with a priest in the server room, it'll get picked up by drudge and bammm! JI who????

Nope. the fans cheered loudly when Penny was laying there in pain.

I was there in 327. I heard it all around me.

Lots of Jet fans hate Pennington and blame him for the Jets not having success.

And we all know what kind of reliable source you are.

From ESPN.com

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke league rules by spying on Jets

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

Updated: September 11, 2007, 5 8 PM ET

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots.

Sources: Goodell determines Pats broke league rules by spying on Jets

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: September 11, 2007, 5:38 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

I want a forfeit or the picks coming this way or I wont be happy

I think the rationale behind the fact that draft picks will NOT be going to the Jets is that this was a violation against the league, not the Jets. It makes the NFL lose credibility. This is similar to a court of law where a criminal act is a violation against the STATE, not the VICTIM.

I want a forfeit or the picks coming this way or I wont be happy.... they are paying for a win by doing this...

Word

In the interest of fair play, I hope he drops the hammer, BIG TIME!

Word

Exactly, WTF do we get out of this...we're the ones that got ripped off. Not saying we would have won, but come on already!

Exactly

i think we should put BB in front of a firing squad, and get draft picks...i'm just sayin...

Well whatever was left of the class and dignity the Patsteriks had is about to go out the window.

This will also now call into doubt ANY of the Super Bowl titles, those playoff wins against the Colts.

BB not only is about to tarnish what should have been a HOF career but this "Dynasty".

I think the rationale behind the fact that draft picks will NOT be going to the Jets is that this was a violation against the league, not the Jets. It makes the NFL lose credibility. This is similar to a court of law where a criminal act is a violation against the STATE, not the VICTIM.

The NFL needs to compensate the JETS, period.

No they didnt.

Face the facts, the Jets stunk it up Sunday on all sides of the ball, not just defense.

I hate what happened too, but we must face reality and realize that the Jets still would have lost.

They bought a win, no two ways about it...

The score was 0-0 when the "mole" was spotted... the Jets offense was also able to score points and if the Pats O couldnt have all of the long drives the did from cheating Chad would have gotten more chances to score...

Your crazy if you think that the Pats would have blown away the JETS without cheating...

No they didnt.

Face the facts, the Jets stunk it up Sunday on all sides of the ball, not just defense.

I hate what happened too, but we must face reality and realize that the Jets still would have lost.

Nevertheless, NE stole signals and got caught. It taints the win. There goes my $ 300.

Your crazy if you think that the Pats would have blown away the JETS without cheating...

I said that I hate what happened too, however...

Did the tape have anything to do with the horrible protection (or lack thereof) for Chad?

Did the tape have anything to do with the piss poor special teams play that allowed Ellis Hobbs to run a kick back for 108 yards?

I seriously doubt it.

No they didnt.

Which makes BB even a bigger dumbass for even attempting something this stupid.

The Jets won't get anything out of it though.

It is going to be intersting though. The Pats have been the model franchise the past 7 years. Goodell could come down alot harder on the Pats because of who they are and set an example of what will happen if anyone else tries this.

Archived