Oh Yea and Vrable's ALSO a Scumbag

SoFlaJets

September 12, 2007

Vrabel reaction

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Outside linebacker Mike Vrabel, one of the team's seven captains, answered questions in the locker room today.

Some of the Q&A:

What is your reaction to what is going on with the sideline camera?

"I think everything has been stated, pretty much, by Bill and other guys on this team. I think that if we start focusing on what happened last week, we're going to be in big trouble because we have a big test with LT and the boys coming in. They're good. They're as good as advertised."

Cheating is such a broad term. To be put in that category as a team, how does that make you feel?

"I'm confident in what I do. I prepare for the games and how I go out and approach the game and play the game, so I wouldn't label myself a cheater."

Do you feel embarassed for the organization for having to deal with these accusations?

"I don't feel embarassed for anything we do. I think we go out and try to prepare as players, we work hard, we put a lot into, year-round. We try to go out and win the game."

Is it an insult that people might think extra help could be needed?

"I think where our focus is right now, and where it's been since Sunday after the game, is we said this is one game and we're moving on to the Chargers. That's what we've been looking at since Monday night, since we've been able to get the film of them in the Bears game."

How tough is it to do that with all of this going on?

"It's not hard at all. We did it this morning. And we're going to do it in five minutes when this media session is over with. We're going to go back and we're going out on the practice field and take a look at the Chargers."

Would you be upset if you found out you unknowingly had an unfair advantage? Would it big you?

"I don't think it would necessarily bug me. I just think, as players, we have to do our job and our part as the players. And go out there and try to execute the call we may get, whatever that may be. Going forward this week, I think we're probably going to have to make some adjustments to what we did last year, because it wasn't good enough in the run game last year, the way they were able to run the ball and move the ball pretty much at will against us."

"I think going forward, we don't know what San Diego is going to do. We have a pretty good idea. The signals for them would be a lot of LaDainian Tomlinson, a lot of Gates, sprinkled in with a little bit of Michael Turner. Those are the guys we'll have to definitely stop and guys we've had problems with in this past."

How will this affect your relationship with Eric Mangini?

"I guess we'll find out the next time we play them. Unless he's coaching for the Chargers, which he's not, I don't plan on seeing him this weekend."

September 12, 2007

Vrabel reaction

FOXBOROUGH -- Outside linebacker Mike Vrabel, one of the team's seven captains, answered questions in the locker room today.

Some of the Q&A:

"I think everything has been stated, pretty much, by Bill and other guys on this team. I think that if we start focusing on what happened last week, we're going to be in big trouble because we have a big test with LT and the boys coming in. They're good. They're as good as advertised."

Cheating is such a broad term. To be put in that category as a team, how does that make you feel?

"I'm confident in what I do. I prepare for the games and how I go out and approach the game and play the game, so I wouldn't label myself a cheater."

Do you feel embarassed for the organization for having to deal with these accusations?

"I don't feel embarassed for anything we do. I think we go out and try to prepare as players, we work hard, we put a lot into, year-round. We try to go out and win the game."

"I think where our focus is right now, and where it's been since Sunday after the game, is we said this is one game and we're moving on to the Chargers. That's what we've been looking at since Monday night, since we've been able to get the film of them in the Bears game."

"It's not hard at all. We did it this morning. And we're going to do it in five minutes when this media session is over with. We're going to go back and we're going out on the practice field and take a look at the Chargers."

Would you be upset if you found out you unknowingly had an unfair advantage? Would it big you?

"I don't think it would necessarily bug me. I just think, as players, we have to do our job and our part as the players. And go out there and try to execute the call we may get, whatever that may be. Going forward this week, I think we're probably going to have to make some adjustments to what we did last year, because it wasn't good enough in the run game last year, the way they were able to run the ball and move the ball pretty much at will against us."

"I think going forward, we don't know what San Diego is going to do. We have a pretty good idea. The signals for them would be a lot of LaDainian Tomlinson, a lot of Gates, sprinkled in with a little bit of Michael Turner. Those are the guys we'll have to definitely stop and guys we've had problems with in this past."

"I guess we'll find out the next time we play them. Unless he's coaching for the Chargers, which he's not, I don't plan on seeing him this weekend."

Oooh. Ouch.

September 12, 2007

Vrabel reaction

Some of the Q&A:

:yawn:

between here and JI the last 3 days I have seen more of these yawning emoticons from Pats fans than any words

Whatelse can they say? Their beloved team has been caught cheating to win an NFL game. If the Jets were caught cheating we would have had 3,000 pats fans join JN in the last 2 days to bash us .

Okay, how does this make him a scumbag? He's more concerned with San Diego than what's going on behind the scenes. You're usually pretty levelheaded Sofla but you're going off the deep end on this.

Basicly not admitting that this scandal that the whole world is seeing, as an ebarrassment makes him a scumbag.

What does Mike Vrable have to do with his coach putting a camera on the sideline? He has a game to play on Sunday.

if you think the only thing the patriots did to circumvent the rules was tape the coach, sorry, but i have some land you should take a look at, its worth millions.

there is no way at least some players didn't know about this, and as one of bills shills, im sure vrabel knew something.

either way, i just want someone to be honest when they speak for once, i guess thats above him as well.

Okay, how does this make him a scumbag? He's more concerned with San Diego than what's going on behind the scenes. You're usually pretty levelheaded Sofla but you're going off the deep end on this.

I bet my life on it these scumbags new what was going on .Whats more ironic is to think that you Patsies swear they didn't! Damn how pathetic!

This whole thing would almost be impossible without the knowledge of at least a few players. By Vrabel's response that it wouldn't bother him one bit makes it look like he may be the main man on the D who had knowledge and prorbrably was an active member. The other guy that comes into question has to be Brady. If the NFL had balls and pushed really into this (they won't) they would find a nest of rats in NE. Every day that goes by bring more outrage from other teams. Face it these guys make the Chicago Black Soxs look like amatures....

I guess we better add Brady to the list of "scumbags" too...

Do you think any of the issues involving the illegal video taping are going to have any impact on Sunday?“I think we always look past these things. I don’t think this is a concern of anybody. It’s certainly not a concern of mine. I don’t think anybody cares too much about what people say or do. It’s probably more flattering to us than anything. People, maybe sometimes when they think we’ve got everything figured out, maybe it speaks to our preparation. I’m actually flattered by it.”

When you hear people say that the allegations damage what you’ve done over the last few years, how do you respond to that?

“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things. I think part of the great thing here is we control what we can control. That’s our attitude and our work ethic and our preparation. That’s why I’m so proud to be part of the New England Patriots. Maybe that’s why we have won over the years because all we do is concern ourselves with what we do. We don’t waste any time responding to what people think or say. At the end of the day it makes no difference in how we go out and perform. I know this team is excited to play San Diego. That’s where our focus is. That’s what I’m excited for."

Scumbag, yeah, but we already knew that :)

Dumbass comes to mind when I read this.

Boy, the Jets will realy get whooped when they come to Foxboro now.

Talking of being whooped. I've been going to Jet games since the start.

I've seen the bloodiest of fights in the stands especially in the old Shea stadium days.

But next year's Jet home game against the Pats will probably cause them to call

oout the National guard.

I got a call last night from a guy that I grew up with, still lives in the NY area.

a diehard Jet fan but not into it as far as going on boards. tough as nails.

He said that sometimes a Pat fan sits in his row and is a little too loud for his tastes but

being he is getting along in years he has kept his temper.

But he said next year that guy better not even open his mouth. In fact he better breath

thru his nose because I'm going to beat the crap out of him.

And I have seen this guy in action in his younger days and it can't be described

on a family board.

Multiply that feeling by a hundred.

Talking of being whooped. I've been going to Jet games since the start.

I've seen the bloodiest of fights in the stands especially in the old Shea stadium days.

But next year's Jet home game against the Pats will probably cause them to call

oout the National guard.

I got a call last night from a guy that I grew up with, still lives in the NY area.

a diehard Jet fan but not into it as far as going on boards. tough as nails.

He said that sometimes a Pat fan sits in his row and is a little too loud for his tastes but

being he is getting along in years he has kept his temper.

But he said next year that guy better not even open his mouth. In fact he better breath

thru his nose because I'm going to beat the crap out of him.

And I have seen this guy in action in his younger days and it can't be described

on a family board.

Multiply that feeling by a hundred.

Your friend is going to "beat the crap" out of a relative stranger, getting along in years, who paid good money to attend a spectator sport in an already hostile environment, because Bill Belichick has been exposed as a cheater?

If he follows through with his tough-guy threat, your friend belongs in jail.

Archived