Jets | Clemens will start Week 2

Smizzy

No, you want it both ways

If Chad was in there, and he sucked you;d want Clemens

If KC is in ther and he sucks, you;ll want to give him another opportunity

I have never once said I WANT CLEMENS IN! I have said time and time again I root for whoever the coach plays on Sunday...including noodle arm. It's not a tough concept to grasp ,Jon. Clemens starts this week. Yet look at all the Jets fans already hoping this kid falls flat on his face to shut up the chad haters.

What does Kellen Clemens have to do with what a ****ty QB Chad Pennington is? KC might not be the answer,I NEVER SAID 1 TIME HE WAS.

Hope this clears everything up.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it has been said 4,000 times this offseason....If Clemens was ready to be the starter,Mangini would have named him the starter,right? Well Chad is hurt and Clemens is now being put in a role just yesterday everybody was saying he wasn't ready for. Now he gets he job and everybody wants him to prove himself in one game?

Aww baloney - dont cop out with that rap. You know that Canton is full of QB's who lit it up from their first start and never looked back. Clemens needs to prove himself in a big way Sunday or we just wasted the 2nd and 3rd pick from last years draft. (wish I had the knuckle shuffle smilie - but I cant find it)

It;s not his time yet....although I;m looking forward to see how he performs.....and I am rooting for the guy

Smizz,,,you root for the Jets, and look for flaws in CHads game

I don't have to look for them...they are right there in HD every Sunday.

I don't have to look for them...they are right there in HD every Sunday.

And that folks is 110% facts.

Kellen Clemens is going to struggle, just like any other QB making his 1st NFL start has done before. Do not expect 25-32, 315 yards, 3 TDs and no interceptions. I am for warning you. The future, even later on this season will bode well for Kellen and he will start putting up better numbers each week, if he hang onto the starting reign. However, the only way he holds onto the starting reign is with a great performance Sunday against a great D in his first ever NFL start OR a injury Chad that keeps him out for a few weeks to give Kellen enough time to get into the NFL starting Quarterback swing of things.

I hope Clemens is 10 times the QB chad is. But if he isn't I will want Chad back in there.

Where as some here won't.

Thats not true. If there was some way we could evaluate Clemens on his first ever start and see if he will be a good QB or not that would be great. If there was a way to immedietly prove he will always be worse than Chad I would gladly have Chad the starter while we find another QB to take over.

The problem is we can't possibly find that out in one game, it will take a while. The amount of time we see Kellen play until Chad comes back probably won't be enough to make that judgement.

As a Jets Fan, but a Chad supporter ( which basically means the Jets W-L record is top priority, but I want Chad to get a taste of the sweet Victory, he deserves it. He's been through so much and hopping off the field after going down twice, then coming back with a shot and a boot and limping that pathetic line down the field for seven points, sealed it. Kellen has plenty of time to be special with Cotch and Stucky)

But, As a Jets Fan, but a Chad supporter , the situation couldn't be better. Chad was easily the best player in the game last Sunday (Revis on D). His numbers were fine, he showed his gigantic heart again.

It's the D that needs to wake the f--k up this week. All KC has to do is protect the ball, manage the game, and zip a first down here and there. Anything short of a 300 yds 4 TD and a 2 minute game winning drive and nobody's talking QB controversy.

We're watching that Marshmellow defense.

I mean, if KC throws 1 pick, that's it.

Now if Chad came out Sunday with a 10-25 0TD 2INT's, then we'd have a problem,

BUT, like I said, as a Jets fan First, but a Chad supporter, a Win with the Ravens under 20 points makes me a happy guy.

BTW,

I'm a KC supporter too, dam it and he could use a few things:

1. D'Brick, I think you know.

2. Miller, 6 points, 95 yards would help.

3. Darrell, how about your first NFL pick?

4. and, finally, Nuge, we need them all 43,46,48,53

LOL @ these Chad lovers saying its "put up or shut up time for Clemens" yet Pennington has been doing jack sh#t for 4 years and all people do is make excuses for him. Go fly a kite, chad lovers.

And where the hell is ecurb? Didnt he say Chad was starting this week? WHAT HAPPENED, BUD??? :shutit:

LOL @ these Chad lovers saying its "put up or shut up time for Clemens" yet Pennington has been doing jack sh#t for 4 years and all people do is make excuses for him. Go fly a kite, chad lovers.

And where the hell is ecurb? Didnt he say Chad was starting this week? WHAT HAPPENED, BUD??? :shutit:

Jack ****? Hey I'm no Chad lover - but I want to see Kellen win a game first before comparing him to Chad who has done nothing but make it to the playoffs time a time again for us.

And that folks is 110% facts.

Kellen Clemens is going to struggle, just like any other QB making his 1st NFL start has done before. Do not expect 25-32, 315 yards, 3 TDs and no interceptions. I am for warning you. The future, even later on this season will bode well for Kellen and he will start putting up better numbers each week, if he hang onto the starting reign. However, the only way he holds onto the starting reign is with a great performance Sunday against a great D in his first ever NFL start OR a injury Chad that keeps him out for a few weeks to give Kellen enough time to get into the NFL starting Quarterback swing of things.

What happens if he's 9-19, 2 INT's and 120 yards and we lose...what then? Just asking.

Jack ****? Hey I'm no Chad lover - but I want to see Kellen win a game first before comparing him to Chad who has done nothing but make it to the playoffs time a time again for us.

Give Kellen time. You cannot expect greatness from his 1st NFL start. The worst thing right now is for Kellen to start one game and go back to the bench. At the very least I hope he gets to start next week at home against Miami as well.

And penningtonfan82, if Chad is ruled out on Wednesday, whats to say he won't be ruled out next week as well?

Let the Kellen excuses begin! Most of you realise by now Chad is more then likely gonna play against Miami. So eat this up while you get a piece of it. I'll be rooting for Kellen, but I gotta admit, I can't wait for Chad to come back.

Excuses?...yesterday Chad fans were screaming he was the QB who wasn't good enough to beat out chad for the starting job...now he better be better than Chad or he's a bust?

PEN375096.jpg

Don't give up on us, Baby

Don't make our love seem light

The future isn't just one night

It's written in the moonlight

And painted on the stars

We can't change ours

We're still worth one more try

I know we put a last one by

Just for a rainy evening

When maybe stars are few

Don't give up on us, I know

We can still come through

I really lost my head last night

You've got a right to start believing

There's still a little love left, even so

Lord knows we've come this far

Can't we stay the way we are?

The angel and the dreamer

Who sometimes play a fool

You've got a right to stop believing

Just for a rainy evening

When maybe stars are few

PEN375096.jpg

What happens if he's 9-19, 2 INT's and 120 yards and we lose...what then? Just asking.

Then he better improve on those numbers in his 2nd NFL start. It's all about improving and getting better. Nobody in their right mind expects this kid to come off the bench and light up this Ravens defense for 46 points. If you do you need you head examined.

What do you suggest? We cut him for sucking?

Excuses?...yesterday Chad fans were screaming he was the QB who wasn't good enough to beat out chad for the starting job...now he better be better than Chad or he's a bust?

Smizzy, comeon, don't talk with a mission of trying to prove a Chad fan wrong. We are dealing with Chad lovers, not Jets fans who wish the best for the team.

I somehow, can not be as excited about this, maybe if things went more classy the other day I would feel differently, but the fact is that I'm just more excited about Chad coming back. I don't see Kellen being the answer to anything unless he shows more. YES in his first start. Don't give me the pampers and bottles crap, he is in the NFL for a reason. He should be able to go out there and be as good as Chad, in his first start. For me, I just can't wait for Chad to come back. We all know deep down he will probably play week 3, unless he's still in no shape physically to perform well enough to.

I can understand the love for CP and the loyality. Look what he has come back to play for this team. I get it. I truely repsect him for that but for the love of good why do most CP fans despise the other QB's on the roster?

They are teammates not his enemy.

It is put up time for KC

I'm excited to see what we have

If we have a Wally Pipp situation, excellent for us

I root for the color...just think we can win with Chad

I agree.

Here we go.

Could be Joe Namath or could be Browning Nagle.

I will hope for Namath.

I somehow, can not be as excited about this, maybe if things went more classy the other day I would feel differently, but the fact is that I'm just more excited about Chad coming back. I don't see Kellen being the answer to anything unless he shows more. YES in his first start. Don't give me the pampers and bottles crap, he is in the NFL for a reason. He should be able to go out there and be as good as Chad, in his first start. For me, I just can't wait for Chad to come back. We all know deep down he will probably play week 3, unless he's still in no shape physically to perform well enough to.

So...You are a Chad P fan first and Jets fan second. Got it. It's ok...a good percentage of CP fans put him before the team.

PEN375096.jpg

Don't make our love seem light

The future isn't just one night

It's written in the moonlight

And painted on the stars

We can't change ours

We're still worth one more try

I know we put a last one by

Just for a rainy evening

When maybe stars are few

You've got a right to start believing

Lord knows we've come this far

Can't we stay the way we are?

The angel and the dreamer

Who sometimes play a fool

You've got a right to stop believing

Just for a rainy evening

When maybe stars are few

PEN375096.jpg

Barton actually made me laugh out loud with that. :lol:

Then he better improve on those numbers in his 2nd NFL start. It's all about improving and getting better. Nobody in their right mind expects this kid to come off the bench and light up this Ravens defense for 46 points. If you do you need you head examined.

What do you suggest? We cut him for sucking?

No, my fear all along is that this kid is a Brooks Bollinger clone. Again, let me reiterate, I didn't like Chad's arm coming out of Marshall either.

I'm of the Jets fan club that our QB of the future isn't on the roster yet.

Kellen Clemens better go out and....Throw for over 350 yards ,Throw 3 or more Td's and beat the Ravens by more than 30 pts or he's a bust and deserves to be taken outside the meadowland and shot,then buried in the swamps next to Jimmy Hoffa.

Kellen Clemens better go out and....Throw for over 350 yards ,Throw 3 or more Td's and beat the Ravens by more than 30 pts or he's a bust and deserves to be taken outside the meadowland and shot,then buried in the swamps next to Jimmy Hoffa.

:rl:

Only according to the following:

ecurb

madmike

penningtonfan82

Sign your name below if you believe this like the other 3. RSJ, should you be on this list as well?

Chad is a part of this team correct. Ok, thats what I thought. Cause the way some people treat him around here, you would think he wasn't. The way he was treated coming off the field, you would think he wasn't. Everyone has an opinion. It's always the same crap. The fact is Chad isn't the problem. Just cause his arm isn't a Manning arm, doesn't mean he can't get it done. Y'all will say what you want to back your point up, and I'll say what I want to back mine up. So I guess this is wasted time. There is no point to preach a point if no one is going to find a medium.

No, my fear all along is that this kid is a Brooks Bollinger clone. Again, let me reiterate, I didn't like Chad's arm coming out of Marshall either.

I'm of the Jets fan club that our QB of the future isn't on the roster yet.

How can he be considered a Bollinger clone? Bollinger wasn't ever expected to be anything other than a back up in the league. The fact that he ever started let alone got considerable playing time was a freak occurence. Kellen was expected to come into this league and become a starter somewhere when he got out of college.

I don't understand how people can say Kellen has no shot of being our future QB when they haven't gotten the chance to see him play in real competition.

Archived