Jets | Clemens will start Week 2

Smizzy

This is why nobody takes you serious... there is no middle ground... your just a wannabe expert who watches the broadcast of a game on TV...

If Chad wasnt good enough, he wouldnt be here... the JETS could have easily traded him to the Dolphins, Raiders, Falcons, Lions, Browns, Texans, Jaguars

The JETS think he can do it, you dont... get over it

Most of those teams needed a back-up or a stop-gap guy to start for a year while their rookies learn. Don't try to make it seems like chad would be a long term starter on more than 0 nfl teams.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of those teams needed a back-up or a stop-gap guy to start for a year while their rookies learn. Don't try to make it seems like chad would be a long term starter on more than 0 nfl teams.

Never said he would be long term, but he would have been easy to trade for picks or a player of need...

The JETS could have filled up holes on the O or D with Chad being traded but felt he had more value as a starting QB to them...

Never said he would be long term, but he would have been easy to trade for picks or a player of need...

The JETS could have filled up holes on the O or D with Chad being traded but felt he had more value as a starting QB to them...

they could have gotten what? a 6th rounder?

I just dont want to give up on the season yet... I worry that Kellen isnt ready and shouldnt come in until the end of the year... not to mention i dont want the young QB on the team to be broken in half due to poor protection as well...

I think Chad is the best option to win this sunday... thats all

HE's ****ING INJURED. HOW DOES HE GIVE US A CHANCE TO WIN SUNDAY?

OH & let's not pretend there is another player in the NFL who is MORE fragile than China Doll Pennington. Kid gets hurt taking a **** in the am.

This is why nobody takes you serious... there is no middle ground... your just a wannabe expert who watches the broadcast of a game on TV...

Like you tried to do with Sundays game vs the Pats and tell me how ALL of Chad's pases were over 5 yards...then I went and watched the game tape and put the actual #'s down ,you ignored it completely because it was obvious you got in off NFL.com and had no clue WTF you were talking about?

Chad should NEVER throw a pass as a NY Jet ever again.

We know what he is. It is not good enough. Time to move the f##king hell on.

I have to agree with you. And I am a Chad fan. Regardless of just how good or bad anyone believes Chad is, how can anyone not now believe that he is truly snakebitten with injuries? And that this franchise can not keep putting their faith in a guy who, except for one year since he became a starter in 2002, can't stay on the field?

I have to agree with you. And I am a Chad fan. Regardless of just how good or bad anyone believes Chad is, how can anyone not now believe that he is truly snakebitten with injuries? And that this franchise can not keep putting their faith in a guy who, except for one year since he became a starter in 2002, can't stay on the field?

But...but...but...he's the next Joe Montana...don't you guys remember?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152007/sports/jets/a_chance_of_chad.htm

"There is a clear-cut, bright-line difference between the style of play," Ravens coach Brian Billick said of Pennington and Clemens. "You obviously have to account for the physical skills of the guy that is going to step in. Our defensive guys will look and try to anticipate how the gameplan changes if Clemens is the quarterback versus Chad Pennington."

LOL

I have a strange feeling the guy we should have picked 2006 (Haloti Ngata) is going to have a feast tomorrow and the guys we did pick 2006 (D'Brick, Clemens) will struggle mightily against this Ravens Ravenous D.

Imagine if we had went Ngata, Mangold and McNeil.

Well, I guess you can't always be perfect. But hey, lets not judge D'Brickashaw on a Week 1 performance against New England.

Imagine if we had went Ngata, Mangold and McNeil.

Well, I guess you can't always be perfect. But hey, lets not judge D'Brickashaw on a Week 1 performance against New England.

Funny, that's exactly the way I wanted to go. And I wanted to trade down to get more picks. Hindsight though, what can ya do.

My guess is he will be sacked 5+ times, will throw 3+ picks and will put up a grand total of 0 offensive points.

Im sorry but this is the ONE team that you do not want your first to come against.

He will be destroyed out there, I hope Im wrong but I know Im not.

Chad will be back week 3.

My guess is he will be sacked 5+ times, will throw 3+ picks and will put up a grand total of 0 offensive points.

Im sorry but this is the ONE team that you do not want your first to come against.

He will be destroyed out there, I hope Im wrong but I know Im not.

Chad will be back week 3.

He'll be sacked like 5 times, yeah, but you got his touchdown and interception total's confused. He's gonna throw 3 td's and have 0 picks.

He'll be sacked like 5 times, yeah, but you got his touchdown and interception total's confused. He's gonna throw 3 td's and have 0 picks.

LOL

There is absolutely no chance in hell that happens. Either you think kellen Clemens is Joe Montana 2.0 or else you are seriously seriously underestimating that Baltimore D. This is the kinda stuff those guys dream about, going up against a QB in his first start. They are going to show Clemens all kinds of complex packages that will confuse the hell out of him, IMO he will be lucky to stay healthy in this game.

The Ravens are going to bring the house at clemens, something they wouldnt do to Chad. He will at the very least commit three turnovers.

The Ravens are going to bring the house at clemens, something they wouldnt do to Chad. He will at the very least commit three turnovers.

OK, I'll buy the fact that Clemens is going to have MAJOR difficulties against Baltimore and have trouble limiting mistakes and turnovers.

But there's no CHANCE you can tell me Pennington wouldn't have similar troubles if he were healthy and starting this week. Pennington has NEVER fared well against the Ravens.

OK, I'll buy the fact that Clemens is going to have MAJOR difficulties against Baltimore and have trouble limiting mistakes and turnovers.

But there's no CHANCE you can tell me Pennington wouldn't have similar troubles if he were healthy and starting this week. Pennington has NEVER fared well against the Ravens.

Maybe he doesnt fare off well vs the Ravens but he is one of the best QB's vs the blitz, teams dont blitz the hell out off Chad because they know that like Manning and Brady(with the help of a video camera) he can pick them up and burn them.

I dont think they'll take that into account with Clemens. They will bring everthing at him IMO and he will be very very ineffective.

back that up

I dare you

Heh. He's never been healthy enough to play the Ravens. Forgot that Quincy Carter started that one game a couple years ago.

Just so we can be clear...

You said that.. yet Chad has never played a single game VS the Ravens...

dont make up claims out of thin air... :lol:

I'd just like to know where Chad suddenly has a reputation of being a QB who will kill you if you blitz him.

Quite the contrary. When he's under pressure is when he's at his absolute worst, making panic throws to absolutely no one wearing a Jets uniform. He's slow on his feet, he's got a slow delivery, and doesn't see the field nearly as well as overly-optimistic Jets fans claim he does. On the plus-side, he also can't make a quick throw into tight coverage downfield if a small window opens up.

He's accurate if given the time & the receiver is in single-coverage or just flat-out has his man totally beat. Then he can float one in there, which he's actually pretty good at. I still think he's 2nd to none with the play-action & I include Peyton & anyone else in that discussion. It's this that makes him at least an ok QB at times, & particularly good against bad defenses who have to respect even a weak running game.

If he's in there, I root for him. I'd rather be rooting for someone else b/c there is almost zero chance of Pennington leading us to a SB. The guy gets hurt like every season anyway, so who the f cares what he's good at. He's unreliable vs decent defenses & he's unreliable to make it through a season. Basically, he's unreliable.

I'd just like to know where Chad suddenly has a reputation of being a QB who will kill you if you blitz him.

Quite the contrary. When he's under pressure is when he's at his absolute worst, making panic throws to absolutely no one wearing a Jets uniform. He's slow on his feet, he's got a slow delivery, and doesn't see the field nearly as well as overly-optimistic Jets fans claim he does. On the plus-side, he also can't make a quick throw into tight coverage downfield if a small window opens up.

He's accurate if given the time & the receiver is in single-coverage or just flat-out has his man totally beat. Then he can float one in there, which he's actually pretty good at. I still think he's 2nd to none with the play-action & I include Peyton & anyone else in that discussion. It's this that makes him at least an ok QB at times, & particularly good against bad defenses who have to respect even a weak running game.

If he's in there, I root for him. I'd rather be rooting for someone else b/c there is almost zero chance of Pennington leading us to a SB. The guy gets hurt like every season anyway, so who the f cares what he's good at. He's unreliable vs decent defenses & he's unreliable to make it through a season. Basically, he's unreliable.

POTW NOM

Theres a difference between being pressured and being blitzed sperm.

Its not Chads fault if teams can consistently get pressure on him while rushing 3 or 4.

When the D blitzes Chad, bringing 6 or 7. He is one of the best at picking them off. Maybe not always for the deep pass but enough for a first down.

Here is why...

When under a blitz (in 2006)

66 completions (63.5 Completion rate)

104 Attempts

898 Yards

9 TD's

4 INT's

103 QB rating

Only sacked 7 times

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=2149&year=2006

Archived