Patriots | Starks Buried on Depth Chart

Jetfan13

Patriots | Starks Buried on Depth Chart - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:40:43 -0700

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots CB Duane Starks will remain strictly as a cornerback, but he will need to perform well to get on the field. It has been widely assumed Starks would step in as a starting cornerback to replace departed CB Ty Law, but he knows nothing is being handed to him. While the Patriots do not have an offseason depth chart, Starks may be third-string if they did at this time.

so much for the savior

Jerome Solomon, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots CB Duane Starks will remain strictly as a cornerback, but he will need to perform well to get on the field. It has been widely assumed Starks would step in as a starting cornerback to replace departed CB Ty Law, but he knows nothing is being handed to him. While the Patriots do not have an offseason depth chart, Starks may be third-string if they did at this time.

so much for the savior

So much for the savior? What is that supposed to mean? The dude just joined the team, Belichick doesn't just hand out starting jobs. I'm sure Edwards is the same way, just ask all the young guys.

so much for the savior

Well maybe BB really likes Starks.

If he does, then he will play.

Oh right, that's Hermy and not BB. #-o

Bill Belichump and Herm have both won the same number of Superbowls when they were the head coach of a team that didn't have Charlie W.

Just something for you to think about.

Well maybe BB really likes Starks.

If he does, then he will play.

Oh right, that's Hermy and not BB. #-o

Too early to matter.

I imagine Starks would have had to blow away Assante and Poole to be a starter at this point.

Can we please keep this board with Jets' related material. Covering three boards is a pain in the ass.

Starks is a decent corner, but the guy cannot tackle, he's a frickin stringbean.

when he was a raven, I thought he was the greatest, but he went to zona and really tailed off.

If the patriots can get a pass rush going consistently, the patriots won't be missing ty law.

That's a very good point.

When all the injuries occured in the secondary last season, the front 7 really stepped up.

True, but thats when they had teddy bruschi.

I actually think chad brown is a good pass rushing linebacker, but he misses way too many tackles from games I saw. Bruschi was the heart of the defense and that heart needs to be replaced [no pun intended]. I thought maybe Seymour would take Bruschis place in terms of leadership, but based on his recent contract antics, he certainly is no teddy bruschi in either heart or leadership!

True, but thats when they had teddy bruschi.

I actually think chad brown is a good pass rushing linebacker, but he misses way too many tackles from games I saw. Bruschi was the heart of the defense and that heart needs to be replaced [no pun intended]. I thought maybe Seymour would take Bruschis place in terms of leadership, but based on his recent contract antics, he certainly is no teddy bruschi in either heart or leadership!

The loss of Bruschi (yes, moreso than Weis and Crennel) is by far the Pats biggest hit of the offseason.

You simply can not replace a player like Tedy Bruschi. Brown seems to be a good fit for the Pats but he is no where near the level of Bruschi.

The loss of Bruschi (yes, moreso than Weis and Crennel) is by far the Pats biggest hit of the offseason.

You simply can not replace a player like Tedy Bruschi. Brown seems to be a good fit for the Pats but he is no where near the level of Bruschi.

Patriots traded out of the 2nd rd in this past years draft right?

They should have stuck there and took Channing Crowder. He is gonna be a man beast in Miami, I read reports that said he was impressing too.

Archived