Sox/Yanks game thread

Thor99

I love reading thru this thread; it's an absolute perfect example of how Red Sox fans are ....

5 pages ago...WOOHOOO, WE ROCK, WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME!!!!!

1 page ago... WE SUCK, F*CK THIS TEAM, WE DON'T DESERVE TO WIN THE DIVISION, BURN FENWAY!!!!

Just gave me a giggle during this crapfest.

Bullsh*t, absolute BULLSH*T.

You have to start reading this on page 15

Bliss i tell you, absolut BLISS

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26114&st=500

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love reading thru this thread; it's an absolute perfect example of how Red Sox fans are ....

5 pages ago...WOOHOOO, WE ROCK, WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME!!!!!

1 page ago... WE SUCK, F*CK THIS TEAM, WE DON'T DESERVE TO WIN THE DIVISION, BURN FENWAY!!!!

Just gave me a giggle during this crapfest.

Bullsh*t, absolute BULLSH*T.

You have to start reading this on page 15

Bliss i tell you, absolut BLISS

http://www.redsoxnation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26114&st=500

I just read through this thread, and it sums up JonE.

Red Sox are winning, no JonE.

Yankees start to come back, miraculously, here he is.

I just read through this thread, and it sums up JonE.

Red Sox are winning, no JonE.

Yankees start to come back, miraculously, here he is.

Exactly. This thread is a kind of ****ed up memorial to his selective and timely bull****. In other words, bring the smack only when the yanks win.

Exactly. This thread is a kind of ****ed up memorial to his selective and timely bull****. In other words, bring the smack only when the yanks win.

You're a phoney

Prior to this post, your last post was before the 8th inning Yankee onslaught

post_old.gif Today, 12:02 AM #42haggis

GU Tiger alum

You didn't post until now

Don't throw stones in a glass house

There was plenty of smack before the Sawx were dominated by the Yankee Lumber Co.

pwned

Good luck with the Angels.

Why, can't you take care of your own business ?

I went to the bar to watch the game next to Thor's relatives. Big mouths for most of the game. Happened to ask for the "check" after Papelhomo blew it. I told them they still had a couple of chances to win. They left. How sad. It's funny when a Red Sux fan cries in their beer. It was a great comeback by the Yankees. It should've never gotten this far. They had plenty of chances to light up Dice K. Andy was off for sure. Not enough credit has been given to Posada this year. The man has been off the chain with his bat, and his arm is much better than even I would expect from him. He threw out fruity pebbles on a perfect throw. Props to my team, but it wont't mean crap unless we get it done tomorrow.

Ps: I still a spot for you on my couch Thor. Just don't wear that thong with the big "C" on it ! ;)

Well this thread is just trash all around.

My thoughts --

The Sox played like they wanted that game. Bring in Papelbon in the 8th was big. The Yankees are playing better baseball right now.

Will the Yankees sweep? That would be rough. The division isn't all that important. I would rather the Yankees don't spend it all on trying to get the division. They did that in past years and it didn't work out well. You can't stagger into the playoffs with nothing left in the tank.

The Yankees are hitting. They are playing better defense (tonight wasn't a great indication) and they are pitching.

Wang - Pettite - Clemens - Hughes

Kennedy to the pen? Jaba nice and rested as is Mo. I really like their chances. The biggest concern?

Giambi can NOT play 1b. He can not throw. Not sure how many times we have to watch it. They need to decide what they want to do. And someone won't be happy. But they need a glove and 1b and Melky can't come out of center. So Damon, Matsui and Giambi can rotate.

Really with the way he has been hitting the past few weeks Matsui will be the odd man out. Giambi always has a great OBP and can go yard at any time. Damon can lead off.

The game Sunday night will be interesting.

Well this thread is just trash all around.

My thoughts --

The Sox played like they wanted that game. Bring in Papelbon in the 8th was big. The Yankees are playing better baseball right now.

Will the Yankees sweep? That would be rough. The division isn't all that important. I would rather the Yankees don't spend it all on trying to get the division. They did that in past years and it didn't work out well. You can't stagger into the playoffs with nothing left in the tank.

The Yankees are hitting. They are playing better defense (tonight wasn't a great indication) and they are pitching.

Wang - Pettite - Clemens - Hughes

Kennedy to the pen? Jaba nice and rested as is Mo. I really like their chances. The biggest concern?

Giambi can NOT play 1b. He can not throw. Not sure how many times we have to watch it. They need to decide what they want to do. And someone won't be happy. But they need a glove and 1b and Melky can't come out of center. So Damon, Matsui and Giambi can rotate.

Really with the way he has been hitting the past few weeks Matsui will be the odd man out. Giambi always has a great OBP and can go yard at any time. Damon can lead off.

The game Sunday night will be interesting.

I think Melky would benefit from some rest, his bat is alittle cold these days.

But its a good question, that if we do make the playoffs, what do we do with Giambi/Damon/Matsui, assuming Melky stays in CF (like he should and deserves to be, as displayed tonight).

Damon - much better LFer than Matsui, but no arm.

Matsui - better hitter than Damon, although currently struggling. Poor left fielder, avg arm.

Giambi - cannot play 1st base under any circumstance. Power threat, good OBP.

So do we bench Giambi? I dont see it happening, especially against a RHP. And I dont see Matsui sitting either.

Torre is going to have a big decision to make on who his LFer will be game 1 of the ALDS, either Matsui or Damon.

Against a LHP, Matsui plays. He's the best LHed hitter vs LHP out of Damon and Giambi.

I think Melky would benefit from some rest, his bat is alittle cold these days.

But its a good question, that if we do make the playoffs, what do we do with Giambi/Damon/Matsui, assuming Melky stays in CF (like he should and deserves to be, as displayed tonight).

Damon - much better LFer than Matsui, but no arm.

Matsui - better hitter than Damon, although currently struggling. Poor left fielder, avg arm.

Giambi - cannot play 1st base under any circumstance. Power threat, good OBP.

So do we bench Giambi? I dont see it happening, especially against a RHP. And I dont see Matsui sitting either.

Torre is going to have a big decision to make on who his LFer will be game 1 of the ALDS, either Matsui or Damon.

Against a LHP, Matsui plays. He's the best LHed hitter vs LHP out of Damon and Giambi.

Damon -left

Melky - center

Giambi- DH

Matsui takes a seat

Kthxbye

have to go with "what have you done for me lately"

Wow, I slept great

How about you Sawx fans?

Where in the world is JonEJet going to be on vacation when the Sox take the next two?

You were supposed to win last night. You did but in doing so, got Pettitte knocked around used up a bunch of your bullpen and now lose the starting pitching advantage. One game does not a season make.

Where in the world is JonEJet going to be on vacation when the Sox take the next two?

You were supposed to win last night. You did but in doing so, got Pettitte knocked around used up a bunch of your bullpen and now lose the starting pitching advantage. One game does not a season make.

Uh, we have the AL CYYoung winner going tonight against your runner up

Our bullpen is fine, we didn't use Joba the Great

And, we have Mo....you have OkiePaplebonYanksOwnYou

Last night was the kind of win that those "Special Teams" get.

The Sox have got to be asking themselves, "what is it going to take to put these guys away for good ?"

If the Yanks win today, I can honestly see them sweeping the series tommorow.

Sox are in a bit of trouble. They have had 800 zilliion to put the Yankees away for good and they just have not been able to do it.

Not a good sign, even if they do win the division they may very well have to face them in the post season and all those chances they squandered could very well come back to haunt them.

Uh, we have the AL CYYoung winner going tonight against your runner up

Our bullpen is fine, we didn't use Joba the Great

And, we have Mo....you have OkiePaplebonYanksOwnYou

LOL @ the fact you think Wang is worthy of consideration of the Cy Young this season. He makes the top ten candidates but no close to the top 5.

Joba still doesn't scare me. He can be hit.

Mo is not what he once was. He is still a good pitcher. It used to be put him in and game over. Now you never know. The Sox have owned him in the Past. You do have a good histroy against Okajima, but you don't own Papelbon in the least bit.

I say the Sox win a tight one 3-1. Beckett earns the Cy Young this afternoon.

LOL @ the fact you think Wang is worthy of consideration of the Cy Young this season. He makes the top ten candidates but no close to the top 5.

Joba still doesn't scare me. He can be hit.

Mo is not what he once was. He is still a good pitcher. It used to be put him in and game over. Now you never know. The Sox have owned him in the Past. You do have a good histroy against Okajima, but you don't own Papelbon in the least bit.

I say the Sox win a tight one 3-1. Beckett earns the Cy Young this afternoon.

Paplebon sure owned them last night. ;)

Here is another thing to consider. Right now the Yanks lead the season series 9-7. Should the Yanks win one of the next two then if then all they would have to do is tie the Sox for the divison in order to win it based on their season series win over the Sox.

Once more thing. The Sox won 6 of the first 7 between them and the Yanks, since then 1-8.

Who is owning who ?

Archived