****The Official Jets vs Ravens Game Thread****

BP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Chad coulda made that same comeback, but I believe then the game is tied, not intercepted. Just my opinion. That's where Kellen is still young, but there is potiential. He looks good.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Jesus.

Talk about someone in denial.

No way Chad can execute a fourth quarter like that against the formidable Ravens defense.

Seriously, let's be real here.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Jesus.

Talk about someone in denial.

No way Chad can execute a fourth quarter like that against the formidable Ravens defense.

Seriously, let's be real here.

He can however recognize the game clock.Cannot remember the alst time Pennington took 1 Dealy of Game 5-yarder. We have 2 QBs with wildly different talents-one more mental, one more physical.

I think Chad coulda made that same comeback, but I believe then the game is tied, not intercepted. Just my opinion. That's where Kellen is still young, but there is potiential. He looks good.

Not a f*cking chance Chad brings us back in that game, I think even Ecurb would agree with that. Kellen is the real deal and he will show it if he gets to start again. I really hope he does cause the best part about him is he always gets better, he learns from everything. Experience can turn him into the QB we all want him to be.

Chad has never brought this team back from a deficit of 8 points or greater. NEVER! Kellen Clemens was 2 dropped Dickfart McC*nteins passes from bringing up back from 17 points. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Chad has never brought this team back from a deficit of 8 points or greater. NEVER! Kellen Clemens was 2 dropped Dickfart McC*nteins passes from bringing up back from 17 points. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Exactly!!

It isn't KC's fault that Justin McCareins cannot catch a pass that is right on the money, then another that all he had to do was hang onto. JMac sucks.

bull****

he is paid MILLIONS

to mkae that catch...

**** him

actually he restructured his contract and took a paycut this year.

now i am not saying that he shouldnt have made that first catch.

BUT i dont think he is to blame for the whole loss. period. if he had caught it and if nuge had made the xp.. it would have been tied.

this is not justin's loss...this is just my humble opinion and i am obviously in the minority.

BUT i dont think he is to blame for the whole loss. period. if he had caught it and if nuge had made the xp.. it would have been tied.

this is not justin's loss...this is just my humble opinion and i am obviously in the minority.

If Justin makes that catch and they convert the XP the game is tied. I think they would have pulled out the win but that is a big if.

That being said, not sure I would come on here tonight and defend Justin after a game like that! :P

If Justin makes that catch and they convert the XP the game is tied. I think they would have pulled out the win but that is a big if.

That being said, not sure I would come on here tonight and defend Justin after a game like that! :P

so what you are saying.. is i have more cahones then you? LOL

considering.. i dont have any... that isnt saying much about you ;)

and i wasnt defending him.. i was just saying he wasnt responsible for the WHOLE loss...

OY!

so what you are saying.. is i have more cahones then you? LOL

considering.. i dont have any... that isnt saying much about you ;)

and i wasnt defending him.. i was just saying he wasnt responsible for the WHOLE loss...

OY!

No.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was defending Justin. I wasn't. He blew the game. I was just clarifying the degree to which he screwed up.

GG, I can understand tht you might not like the guy being picked on, but here's the bottom line:

We gave up a 2nd round pick for him. To put that in perspective, Terrell Owens was traded for a 2nd round pick that same year. Randy Moss was traded for a 4th rounder this year. Deon Branch, a 2nd last year. We paid him very good money as well. Not only has he never lived up to that trade, nor the money he has made so far, but he hasn't lived up to half of it!! He has been a constant disappointment even before today. He has never given the effort that both Coles and Cotch continue to give, every play. He has always looked like he's doing little more than going through the motions. He's been demoted due to his lack of effort. He's been in the bad graces of the coaches since day one. And this paycut you think he took for the team, he took because he was about to be cut if he didn't. He was not going to command much at all on the open market, so it was better for him, financially speaking, to take the paycut.

So please, with all due respect, don't act so shocked when this all culminates to us wanting to nearly kill him for his lackluster effort to have now cost us a chance at a monumental comeback, and n incredible boost to our team and young QB of the future. This anger doeswn't suddenly come from nowhere, it's been going on for a long time, and this just caused the mercury to burst through the tip of an already hot thermometer.

No.

Didn't mean to make it sound like I was defending Justin. I wasn't. He blew the game. I was just clarifying the degree to which he screwed up.

if LC did what justin did, would every one be calling for his head? i doubt it.

he did not blow the game. he blew the last chance for the possibility of a tie.

the def and OL blew the first 3 quarters.. such that it came down to that last throw...

if they had done their job early on... this would not have been a problem.

and if justin had caught the ball and someone else had messed up in OT.. they would have been blamed.

That's just the thing...LC doesn't do what Justin does. LC makes most of his catches, and he actually looks like he is trying to do it.

See that catch he made on the sideline late in that drive? Let's see JMAC do that.

This must be put in context though. McCareins needed a big game to get into the good graces of the coaching staff and fans where as Coles is a favorite of both and has come up clutch many times. Therefore McCareins has not earned the right to have a monumental screw up like the ones he performed today.

BTW Coles wouldn't have dropped that first one.

GG, I can understand tht you might not like the guy being picked on, but here's the bottom line:

We gave up a 2nd round pick for him. To put that in perspective, Terrell Owens was traded for a 2nd round pick that same year. Randy Moss was traded for a 4th rounder this year. Deon Branch, a 2nd last year. We paid him very good money as well. Not only has he never lived up to that trade, nor the money he has made so far, but he hasn't lived up to half of it!! He has been a constant disappointment even before today. He has never given the effort that both Coles and Cotch continue to give, every play. He has always looked like he's doing little more than going through the motions. He's been demoted due to his lack of effort. He's been in the bad graces of the coaches since day one. And this paycut you think he took for the team, he took because he was about to be cut if he didn't. He was not going to command much at all on the open market, so it was better for him, financially speaking, to take the paycut.

So please, with all due respect, don't act so shocked when this all culminates to us wanting to nearly kill him for his lackluster effort to have now cost us a chance at a monumental comeback, and n incredible boost to our team and young QB of the future. This anger doeswn't suddenly come from nowhere, it's been going on for a long time, and this just caused the mercury to burst through the tip of an already hot thermometer.

i understand boozer, but with all due respect, some of what you say is not true...

mangini talked about justin in very glowing terms and his willingness to go with special teams, take a pay cut etc... that he works hard etc...

i know i am fighting a losing battle here. so i will just go back to the lounge

BUT

if he made that catch.. he would have been the "hero" ... and all would have been forgotten.. this board is just very fickle sometimes.

do you beleive that the team played well with the exception of justins non catch?

i understand he has been a dissappointment since he has come here.. but i was just saying from the beginning that we have a lot more problems then just justin on this team.

he did not blow the game. he blew the last chance for the possibility of a tie.

the def and OL blew the first 3 quarters.. such that it came down to that last throw...

if they had done their job early on... this would not have been a problem.

and if justin had caught the ball and someone else had messed up in OT.. they would have been blamed.

This is a weird thing to defend. Justin dropped a sure TD. That basically ended the Jets chances in the game. Call it what you want if it helps you sleep better. There are lots of things wrong. They can't block. But Justin wet the bed.

i understand boozer, but with all due respect, some of what you say is not true...

mangini talked about justin in very glowing terms and his willingness to go with special teams, take a pay cut etc... that he works hard etc...

What did you expect Mangini to say? I could hear it now:

Reporter: Coach, can you talk a bit about McCareins? We hear he recently took a paycut.

Mangini: Well, to be honest, I am sick and tired of the constant underacheiving. I could sit here and tell you that I'm happy to see his willingness to play special teams, but the truth is he wouldn't be on this team if he didn't. He doesn't have a choice. It's easier to put him on special teams because, quite frankly, I don't give a crap if he gets hurt. He certainly doesn't block well on offense, and I can't recall the last time he got open and made a catch. We told him to take a paycut or be cut. Quite frankly I wished he refused so we could just cut him, but I guess his agent is alot more valuable to him than he is to us bacause he wouldn't be making crap on the open market. Any further questions?

And if he caught that ball greengal, nobody would be calling him a hero for doing his job. Now if they were spectacular catches then sure we would. But those were basic football 101 catches that he couldn't make. Case closed.

McCareins got his chance at redemption after dropping his 1st easy game tying TD pass, and he dropped the ball again.

There is no way you can make any excuses for him. He facked up twice in 1 drive, dropping 2 TD passes! TWICE!

Off with his head! ;)

PS: Stop trying to be his mommy, GG. Justin is a big boy, he doesnt need to hide behind your skirt anymore.

Archived