Belichick Signs Extension: MERGED

K2C

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Kraft is an AHOLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 22222222222222222222222222

Keep telling yourself that..... The theory is, that if you tell yourself something enough times in a row, you will actually come to believe it. Maybe Mangini can figure out a way to explain todays events......

You and I (and everyone else know the truth).

Go Jets!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3023193

I must say, The timing is GREAT. So are the stories now filtering out from all over the league on how the Pats are one of many and how slimey Mangini is now seen.

I know.... call me a troll if you wish but I can't help it.

So you gave the cheater an extension. Big deal. What does that have to do with Mangini or the fact that Belichick blatantly cheated in the face of specific rules to the contrary which were just clarified within a week of his cheating? Or the fact that BB can't even admit that he cheated, but only that he "misinterpreted the rule" which any seven year old flag football player would understand?

So you gave the cheater an extension. Big deal. What does that have to do with Mangini or the fact that Belichick blatantly cheated in the face of specific rules to the contrary which were just clarified within a week of his cheating? Or the fact that BB can't even admit that he cheated, but only that he "misinterpreted the rule" which any seven year old flag football player would understand?

Please see my post above this one.

Keep drinking your green sugar water....

Keep telling yourself that..... The theory is, that if you tell yourself something enough times in a row, you will actually come to believe it. Maybe Mangini can figure out a way to explain todays events......

You and I (and everyone else know the truth).

Go Jets!

the ravens are stealing the offenses signals ;)

Please see my post above this one.

Keep drinking your green sugar water....

The Pats have more talent than the Jets. What does that have to do with Mangini being a "rat"? That cheating ****sucker you have is one of the biggest scumbags in sports. He is an example of all that is wrong with today's society. Egotistical, unable to share credit, unable to accept others succeeding or having success without his approval, unable to admit obvious wrongdoing. He is a pure sociopath. I can't wait until they catch him cheating again. I'm sure that he will claim that his mommy abused him as a child.

The Pats have more talent than the Jets. What does that have to do with Mangini being a "rat"? That cheating ****sucker you have is one of the biggest scumbags in sports. He is an example of all that is wrong with today's society. Egotistical, unable to share credit, unable to admit obvious wrongdoing. He is a pure sociopath. I can't wait until they catch him cheating again. I'm sure that he will claim that his mommy abused him as a child.

How do you know? Practical experience?

Is that were all that repressed anger is coming from?

The Jets got their collective asses beat by the Patriots and the allegations had NOTHING to do with it. Be honest with yourself.

The Pats have more talent than the Jets. What does that have to do with Mangini being a "rat"? That cheating ****sucker you have is one of the biggest scumbags in sports. He is an example of all that is wrong with today's society. Egotistical, unable to share credit, unable to accept others succeeding or having success without his approval, unable to admit obvious wrongdoing. He is a pure sociopath. I can't wait until they catch him cheating again. I'm sure that he will claim that his mommy abused him as a child.

BUt, he has 5 super bowl rings, not only that but they have only missed playoffs 3 times since 94'

the ravens are stealing the offenses signals ;)

Must be. There has to be a reason why the Jets are getting smoked again.

Face it people.....Your trying to hang your hats on a hook that doesn't exist.

The Krafts are amongst the BEST owners in the league. Bill will be whipping your asses for at least 6 more years.

No wonder your angry.....

do you not have a life? do you have no friends at all? It sure does seem like it. Find a life.

Nope. No friends. Just sitting here pointing out the obvious.

Spent the day coaching two hockey games, playing 18 holes of golf (81) and buying to bar fridges for well, my bar in the walkout.

Now I am here tweeking your ass.

I guess I am just sick of all the pu$$yass whining I have had to listen to from people like you.

All I see is this deal being done so that the team ends up paying his fine. Nice way to circumvent the commish. He might not be to happy with this.

this just might be the wisest thing on this board today.....

it crossed my mind too....

now tell me where i can get more pics of the woman in your avatar......WOW!

The legitimacy of the New England Patriots' accomplishments under Bill Belichick might be in question these days, but the coach's future in New England should not be.

Bill Belichick

AP Photo/Michael Dwyer

Bill Belichick will be the Patriots' head coach for the foreseeable future after agreeing to a long-term extension.

Belichick and Patriots ownership recently agreed to a long-term contract extension. The pact will keep Belichick on New England's sideline through at least the 2013 season, according to league sources and sources close to the coach. The deal was agreed to before the recent "spying" scandal in which the Patriots were punished by the NFL.

It's unclear how many years Belichick had remaining on his previous deal, as he and ownership like to keep details of the coach's contract private.

There were reports in the offseason that Belichick's deal was up after this season and others that it expired after next season, prompting speculation that the Patriots unusually aggressive approach to the early stages of free agency and the draft weekend trade that netted controversial receiver Randy Moss were signs that Belichick was gearing up for one more run at a title before leaving.

Critics of commissioner Roger Goodell's decision to take a draft choice(s) and fine the Patriots $750,000 ($500,000 to be paid by Belichick) rather than suspend Belichick for illegally videotaping opponents' defensive signals say the penalties hurt the franchise long-term more than they do the Patriots' head coach. But barring a change of heart on either side, Belichick will be with the franchise long term.

Financial terms of the extension were unavailable. But consider: Ravens coach Brian Billick signed an extension this year reportedly valued at $28.5 million over five years; the extension Bears coach Lovie Smith received reportedly pays him just south of $23.5 million over five seasons; the Falcons are paying rookie coach Bobby Petrino $24 million over five years; Denver's Mike Shanahan reportedly received a raise above his $5 million salary as part of a three-year extension he agreed to in the offseason; and Mike Holmgren's two-year extension with Seattle signed in May 2006 reportedly is worth between $15.5 million and $17 million.

So, while Belichick's salary for 2007 had been reported to be in the $4.2 million range, it certainly is conceivable that he could have commanded anywhere between $6 million and $8 million annually with the extension.

The Patriots' last public statement regarding Belichick's status came in July 2003, with Belichick entering the second-to-last season of his original Patriots contract, when the team announced he had been extended through 2006. In January 2006 there were reports that he had been extended again, though it was unclear for how long.

In July, Belichick told New England-area reporters, "I don't talk about contracts, but I would say I like working here, I like the organization -- ownership, coaches, scouts, players, and the guys I work with. I appreciate the opportunity to work here and it's a good situation. I don't see that changing anytime soon."

In 12 seasons as a head coach with the Browns and Patriots, Belichick owns a regular-season mark of 111-81. Only Hall of Famers Tom Landry (20), Don Shula (19), Joe Gibbs (17), and Chuck Noll (16) have more playoff victories than Belichick's 13, all but one of which has come at the helm of the Patriots. The Patriots have won five AFC East titles over the past six seasons along with three Super Bowl championships.

Michael Smith covers the NFL for ESPN.

hmmmm...i wonder if this came up after the spying scandal would Belicheck still have gotten this extension.

I must say, The timing is GREAT. So are the stories now filtering out from all over the league on how the P**s are one of many and how slimey Mangini is now seen.

I know.... call me a troll if you wish but I can't help it.

First the P**s are one of many what? One of many teams that film the other teams coaches giving signals?

Who are the coaches that are saying how "slimy" Mangini is? Where are the links to the stories you are reading? Please enlighten us.

Archived