F the Mets

afosomf

I was at the game yesterday and it looked like they were hungover. The bad news is that the Phillies could meet us in the NLCS if they become the wildcard rep. The good news is that our remaining games are with Nats and marlins. We should make it in with time to spare. This series was just a piece of shat like the other series in Philly. Makes me think they will not advance past first round opponent. I still love em' but I will think twice before thinking they are a shoe in for WS.

LL

Go METS..(Regardless of their shi tty play this weekend)

I was at the game yesterday and it looked like they were hungover. The bad news is that the Phillies could meet us in the NLCS if they become the wildcard rep. The good news is that our remaining games are with Nats and marlins. We should make it in with time to spare. This series was just a piece of shat like the other series in Philly. Makes me think they will not advance past first round opponent. I still love em' but I will think twice before thinking they are a shoe in for WS.

LL

Go METS..(Regardless of their shi tty play this weekend)

I'm hoping for the best but I REALLY have my doubts about us making it to the WS. This team doesn't seem to have that knack of winning the games we should that last years team did.

I'm hoping for the best but I REALLY have my doubts about us making it to the WS. This team doesn't seem to have that knack of winning the games we should that last years team did.

u better worry about makin playoffs, let alone WS,,

tick 2007 said 'mets were cloudy in my vision',,u r seeing why..

this team has zero bullpen confidence,,and imho no true clubhouse leader

Hey, Assmop - maybe you coud re-write that old Mets song:

"F the Mets!

F the Mets!

Step right up and F the Mets..."

Personally, I'm still rooting for them to win the NL. I'm still a fan of Willie Randolph and I watched a few Mets players when they were in Binghamton.

"F the Mets!

F the Mets!

Personally, I'm still rooting for them to win the NL. I'm still a fan of Willie Randolph and I watched a few Mets players when they were in Binghamton.

Beat the Mets

Beat the Mets

Step right up and beat the Mets

Bring the kiddies, bring the wife

Guaranteed to have the time of your life.

Cause the fielders are really dropping the ball

watchin' those pitchers losin' it all

East side

West Side

Everybody's coming down

To beat the M-E-T-S Mets

The New York Mets

Normally, I would be offended by Shawn's Lyrical prose. However, if the shoe fits....

The mets are playing like crap. I have never ever seen the Mets play so badly in the field. 10 errors in 2 games. They are in real danger of missing october. If the mets collapse, I lay it all on willie. He has shown no emotion and I believe that the team would respond to a little rage from Willie.

A good manager can snap a team out of it with a well placed "As s kicking speech". Willie, you need to go nuts and wake these sleepwalkers up.

LL

Who says I never post when the Mets suck....?

Normally, I would be offended by Shawn's Lyrical prose. However, if the shoe fits....

The mets are playing like crap. I have never ever seen the Mets play so badly in the field. 10 errors in 2 games. They are in real danger of missing october. If the mets collapse, I lay it all on willie. He has shown no emotion and I believe that the team would respond to a little rage from Willie.

A good manager can snap a team out of it with a well placed "As s kicking speech". Willie, you need to go nuts and wake these sleepwalkers up.

LL

Who says I never post when the Mets suck....?

they have no team leader..

and a manager who is too torre-like in his emotions,,problem is torre had better talent,,

I think SJ is more on the money that LL is.

There were alot of people on here wanting Pinella or someone like him to come and replace Torre. Torre though once again (and to my surprise) stayed the course and the team came around.

I don't think having someone flip a table or smash toilets is the answer. That has to come from guys like Wright or Reyes who are supposed to be the heartbeat of that team.

It isn't like they haven't been there before. Most of these guys know what it takes to get there. Someone though has to make a stand and say this has got to stop.

I think SJ is more on the money that LL is.

There were alot of people on here wanting Pinella or someone like him to come and replace Torre. Torre though once again (and to my surprise) stayed the course and the team came around.

I don't think having someone flip a table or smash toilets is the answer. That has to come from guys like Wright or Reyes who are supposed to be the heartbeat of that team.

It isn't like they haven't been there before. Most of these guys know what it takes to get there. Someone though has to make a stand and say this has got to stop.

Willie is looking at his 2nd straight division crown. Let's let him actually blow it before we make Yankee fan like attacks on our manager.

LoDuca has been mouthing off, but it seems to have had the wrong effect. He needs to stand down and someone else needs to step up in the clubhouse.

Reyes needs to start producing before he can effectively lead, and the B.P has to stop choking games away.

"F the Mets!

F the Mets!

S0txUWNpSlc

:rl:

LoDuca has been mouthing off, but it seems to have had the wrong effect. He needs to stand down and someone else needs to step up in the clubhouse.

Reyes needs to start producing before he can effectively lead, and the B.P has to stop choking games away.

tonight it was maine who sucked, can't blame this one on the bullpen, which is rare.

you give up 21 runs in 2 games to the Nats, you are in serious trouble!

so if Bannister was still on the team they would have won tonight?

I was so F'n disgusted tonite. I watched the 9th inning rally to put us ahead 7-4 then left for work. I get to work and sports center is on featuring the bottom of the 9th meltdown. WTF?? This one's gonna comeback to bite us big time in the butt.

so if Bannister was still on the team they would have won tonight?
If you're going to do anything in the baseball postseason, you need pitching. Bannister has had a season that's better than anyone on the Mets' staff. He's arguably in the top 10 AL statrters. May be he wouldn't have specifically made difference tonight. But to have traded him away for a mere bag of shells was idiocy that's almost as bad as Kazmir.

Omar should be canned today ,Pitching primarily bullpen relief has been a problem since the allstar break and Omar has basicly taken a wait and see approach if we could have won 1/2 the games were we leading going into the 8th & 9th innings alone Philly would have been put away long ago ,at this point even if we squeak into the playoffs by winning the divison (which is the only way they are getting in at this point) if Philly gets the WC ,we can`t beat them and we`ll be out in the first round .So I don`t say F--- the METS I say F--- O mar!!!

I'm 38 years old..been a Mets fan my whole life, never waivered, through thick and thin.

I have to say, though, that last night might have been the most crushing loss I have ever witnessed. To be losing most of the night, see the Phillies come all the way back and win, and then to rally and take a THREE run lead only to squander it?!??! Absolutely devastating.

It's right up there with Terry Pendleton on the Cards hitting that homerun off Roger McDowell in September of 1987. Mike Soscia hitting that homerun off Doc in the 1988 playoffs.

I have been confident all year that they would get this done. Now I'm not so sure, I don't see the Mets coming back from this one. This one, I'm afraid, is going to leave a mark.

Archived