Kellen Clemens: MERGED ELEVENTY BILLION X

timbok

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reason that drive worked was the downfield passing. That's the one thing Pennington absolutely cannot do.

Exactly. The big play to Cotchery does not happen without arm strength. Cotchery would've been tackled right there or the pass would've been broken up by Ed Reed.

pfftt..

I am all over Chads sack... lol

I still think Chad can get it done... I just ALSO think Kellen can :lol:

Exactly. Penningtonfan82 is delusional. You actually are bringing out your brains tonight ecurb. Its been a long time waiting.;)

I think this might light a fire under Chad too. Chad usually goes into a shell and would never have made a comeback like KC in the 4th, he woulda just given up and lost terribly as things went wrong the first 3 quarters. But now, Chad might not go into that shell because he knows what will happen. This can't hurt us right now, it's good to have this type of serious competition.

Imo, Chad should be the starter. Clemens looked amazing in the 4th quarter when he finally got some protection, and yeah, if they put Chad in for the 4th, he probably wouldn't have done as well. But for the other 3/4 of the game, when he didn't get that protection, he wasn't good at all; and I think Chad would have handled it better. Clemens made a lot of rookie mistakes, which is expected, but once he develops the kind of poise that Chad has, we're going to be on our way.

Do you really want him to start all year behind this O-line?

I like both of these guys but I am in no rush to throw KC behind this horrible O-line and get him hurt. I think we are a long ways away from making a serious postseason run so I don't think who start this season will matter. Now i understand the argument for expericne, but is it really worth having our golden boy hurt behind an awful O-line?

The Oline looked damn solid in the 2nd half didnt they?

Get a QB who can threaten a defense downfield, and it makes it all easier for the Oline. Perfect example was the 2nd half of the game, esp the 4th Quarter. Clemens was lighting it up, and the Oline was blocking decent.

And yes, Clemens needs to start the rest of the season from here on out.

Get a QB who can threaten a defense downfield, and it makes it all easier for the Oline. Perfect example was the 2nd half of the game, esp the 4th Quarter. Clemens was lighting it up, and the Oline was blocking decent.

Great point! And I agree with you on all counts!

I think Clemens was overwhelmed in the first half, but he (and most of the team) settled down and got their act together enough to make the comeback plausible. It will take a couple of games to get Clemens really settled enough to be comfortable, and having Chad to mentor him will be a big plus.

Very valid points...I just think the Ravens loosened up the pressure in the second half a little bit which is pretty standard when a team is up 2 + TDs....I just hope that whoever starts at QB...they stay healthy.

what is this crap if you're a Clemens guy? We're Jets fans guys not Jets players fans Jets fans

You don't think there are people who want Clemens to be the starter as opposed to Chad or vice versa?

I have (like a lot of other people) wanted the QB who Mangini thought was the best to play the game..but some people feel very strongly one way or the other...

Absolutely. And he also showed mobility. That play he made when he stepped up through the rush and flipped it to T Jones was nice.

Chad vs Kellen discussion is really irrelevant. I don't mean to be cruel, and I really do love Chad, but let's face it. If and when Chad starts again, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt again. Especially with this o-line. This will be Kellen's team. That is inevitable. And after what I saw today, in his first start, against a great defense, I am excited about KC's potential.

He'd be 2-0 if Whisenhunt didn't do a Herm Edwards impression at the end of the Niners game going conservative on offense and pre-ven umbrella on D.

Agreed. Matt has been pretty good so far this season. I also like the Cardinals team. Young andstill learning. Whisenhunt is learning as well. Hell he has some mad tools t work with on that offense. He ought to just cut them lose.

Ok, so it's week 4 and the Jets are 1-3 - who is your starting quarterback?

Ok, so it's week 6 and the Jets are 2-4 - who is your starting quarterback?

Ok, so it's week 8 and the Jets are 3-5 - who is your starting quarterback?

The answer is the same as it is for this question - "It's week 2 and the Jets are 0-2 - who is your starting quarterback?" - Kellen Clemens. This is looks to be a challenging season with 8-8 being an optimistic record. That means no playoffs in the AFC. Why waste NEXT YEAR with a new, young quarterback when you can use this season as a launching pad for next season? Does it really matter if a Pennington lead a Jets team wins 1 or 2 more games in a non-playoff season? Start Clemens - he's ready and he just made that evident with a very good performance against the NFL's best defense.

Chad vs Kellen discussion is really irrelevant. I don't mean to be cruel, and I really do love Chad, but let's face it. If and when Chad starts again, it is only a matter of time before he gets hurt again. Especially with this o-line. This will be Kellen's team. That is inevitable. And after what I saw today, in his first start, against a great defense, I am excited about KC's potential.

Endorsed

The answer is the same as it is for this question - "It's week 2 and the Jets are 0-2 - who is your starting quarterback?" - Kellen Clemens. This is looks to be a challenging season with 8-8 being an optimistic record. That means no playoffs in the AFC. Why waste NEXT YEAR with a new, young quarterback when you can use this season as a launching pad for next season? Does it really matter if a Pennington lead a Jets team wins 1 or 2 more games in a non-playoff season? Start Clemens - he's ready and he just made that evident with a very good performance against the NFL's best defense.

Where do I sign? Makes 100% sense to me.

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner :box:

potw nom

Archived