Kellen Clemens: MERGED ELEVENTY BILLION X

timbok

Ok, so it's week 4 and the Jets are 1-3 - who is your starting quarterback?

Ok, so it's week 6 and the Jets are 2-4 - who is your starting quarterback?

Ok, so it's week 8 and the Jets are 3-5 - who is your starting quarterback?

The answer is the same as it is for this question - "It's week 2 and the Jets are 0-2 - who is your starting quarterback?" - Kellen Clemens. This is looks to be a challenging season with 8-8 being an optimistic record. That means no playoffs in the AFC. Why waste NEXT YEAR with a new, young quarterback when you can use this season as a launching pad for next season? Does it really matter if a Pennington lead a Jets team wins 1 or 2 more games in a non-playoff season? Start Clemens - he's ready and he just made that evident with a very good performance against the NFL's best defense.

A man who knows his football.

I second the POTW Nom.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL ....nobody knows whether this is a non-playoff year. Same guys probably said the same last year. Mangini drafted him and will make the correct decisions moving forward.

Week Date Game Time (EST)

3 Sep 23 MIA @ NYJ 1:00 PM

4 Sep 30 NYJ @ BUF 1:00 PM

5 Oct 07 NYJ @ NYG 1:00 PM

6 Oct 14 PHI @ NYJ 1:00 PM

7 Oct 21 NYJ @ CIN 4:05 PM

8 Oct 28 BUF @ NYJ 4:05 PM

9 Nov 04 WAS @ NYJ 1:00 PM

10 Bye

11 Nov 18 PIT @ NYJ 1:00 PM

12 Nov 22 NYJ @ DAL 4:15 PM

13 Dec 02 NYJ @ MIA 1:00 PM

14 Dec 09 CLE @ NYJ 4:15 PM

15 Dec 16 NYJ @ NE 1:00 PM

16 Dec 23 NYJ @ TEN 4:15 PM

17 Dec 30 KC @ NYJ 8:15 PM

Find me 9 wins from this list.

10 Bye

in afc it takes atleast 10 wins to get the invite

10 Bye

Miami

Miami

Buffalo

Buffalo

KC

Ten

CLE

WAS

Win those and hope you surprise someone.

10 Bye

12 Nov 22 NYJ @ DAL 4:1 5 PM

There's 9 sport. Hey you could be right but those are all winnable games.

Again I loved what I saw in the 4th qtr and whichever way our HC goes with the QB I am on board.

There's 9 sport. Hey you could be right but those are all winnable games.

Again I loved what I saw in the 4th qtr and whichever way our HC goes with the QB I am on board.

Winnable - sure. Winning all of those (especially the sweeps of Buffalo and Miami) is not likely (but it would be a welcome surprise).

3 Sep 23 MIA @ NYJ 1:00 PM W

4 Sep 30 NYJ @ BUF 1:00 PM W

5 Oct 07 NYJ @ NYG 1:00 PM W

6 Oct 14 PHI @ NYJ 1:00 PM L

7 Oct 21 NYJ @ CIN 4:05 PM W

8 Oct 28 BUF @ NYJ 4:05 PM L

9 Nov 04 WAS @ NYJ 1:00 PM W

10 Bye 5-4

11 Nov 18 PIT @ NYJ 1:00 PM L

12 Nov 22 NYJ @ DAL 4:15 PM W

13 Dec 02 NYJ @ MIA 1:00 PM W

14 Dec 09 CLE @ NYJ 4:15 PM W

15 Dec 16 NYJ @ NE 1:00 PM L

16 Dec 23 NYJ @ TEN 4:15 PM W

17 Dec 30 KC @ NYJ 8:15 PM W

I found ya 10. Sure there are some arguable ones (Cincy, Dal) but maybe we come back from our bye week amped up and steal one from Pitt. So it could go either way.

10 wins with chad or clemens

Whomever Mr. Mangini deems as our best bet to win the game because I can assure you, he will start the best quarterback. Listen, Mangini has to say that Chad is going to start for many reasons, it doesn't mean he's telling the truth.

Kellen Clemens should get to start atleast next week. He will show he's the real deal. The best part about Clemens at Oregon was he always got better and always learned from his mistakes. Kellen will become the QB we all want him to be if he gets experience this season. Jaworski was right, he could very well end up being the best QB out of the 2006 draft class.

He does make it work. LOOK he doesn't need to make those throws. Right now, Chad should be the STARTER, I never said Kellen should never be, he will get his time. It isn't yet.

Are you crazy?

Of course he needs to make those throws!! How else is the offense going to get down the field? Thomas Jones? Leon Washington? Come on man, KC made the right throws, Chad wouldn't have done that, but to say he wouldn't need to is just downright insane!!

For Week 3 Chad > KC

For 2008 and beyond KC > Chad

But if thats the case why not just start KC now and let him get the experience he needs to be great instead of waiting till 2008. The Jets aren't making the playoffs this year,and if they do they aren't going far. Why wouldn't you start Kellen when he clearly will be starting for this team soon and has a higher upside then Chad? Kellen will get better with more experience so lets start him now and go through the QB growing pains other areas of our team need rebuilding.

Outside the 4th quarter when the Ravens played prevent defense, KC had no pocket awareness....had no real game presence

Now I was happy to see him so well in the 4th quarter, but the kid is just not ready

I know the Smizzy;s and Bartons hate Chad, but if you look at the best player right now, it;'s definately Chad.

Save the pom poms and the cheers for KC in 2 years or so

Outside the 4th quarter when the Ravens played prevent defense, KC had no pocket awareness....had no real game presence

Now I was happy to see him so well in the 4th quarter, but the kid is just not ready

I know the Smizzy;s and Bartons hate Chad, but if you look at the best player right now, it;'s definately Chad.

Good idea. That way in 2 more years, when KC's contract is about to be up, we can play him and if he does well we can risk him walking, or we can seriously overpay him to keep him. That worked out so well for us last time.

How many good NFL QBs spend the first 4 years of their careers on the bench? Usually if you are not starting by your third year, and really more than likely it's going to be your second year or earlier, you won't develop into a top QB. If it takes you 4 years to show enough that a team is willing to let you take the field, you just are not talented enough.

I haven't read through this whole thread, but here are my thoughts:

Kellen Clemens should be the starter for this team because RIGHT NOW, he already gives us the best chance to win. In his first career start, against maybe the best defense in football, he nearly did something Chad Pennington has never done: a fourth quarter comeback from a double-digit defecit. If it wasn't for Justin ****ing McCareins not being born with a set of working hands, that game would have went to overtime. If Clemens can do that against Baltimore, what can he do against a lesser (of which there are about 30) defense? He also led the comeback by making throws that Chad Pennington can only make in his sleep. I am pissed and heartbroken that the Jets lost, but I have real hope this team in the future, and that is worth more to me than a week two victory.

Chad Pennington would be dead tonight if he took the hits Clemens took today. Not hurt,not on the IR...but DEAD.

Imagine that was Pennington lumbering around in the pocket today? It would have been ugly.

And about 5 fumbles.

Clemens got knocked around, hit from behind, but didnt fumble it once. He seems to just know he's gonna get hit from behind and tucks it away. Chad just gets hit from behind and fumbles it most of the time.

You cant teach that. And you definitely cant teach arm strength and poise, which he showed today. You are way off, jonE.

And about 5 fumbles.

Clemens got knocked around, hit from behind, but didnt fumble it once. He seems to just know he's gonna get hit from behind and tucks it away. Chad just gets hit from behind and fumbles it most of the time.

You cant teach that. And you definitely cant teach arm strength and poise, which he showed today. You are way off, jonE.

Clemens even made a few plays with his feet today. He escaped a few blitzes and threw for first downs.

I want to see more of this guy.

Archived