Kevs update

Brenjetsfan

No Stadium...what's next?

06/12/05

Now that the fate of a NY stadium has been made, it will be interesting to see what's next for Woody, Jay Cross and the rest of the Jets team. Knowing that the Giants will be getting a new stadium doesn't settle well with players on this side of Manhattan, but it looks like we'll be sharing a home with the Blue for quite a while. That being said, maybe we can move to Jersey. Now before the die hard Jets fans who live out here get upset, think about the business side of things for us players. Right now we are living in a real estate market that is beyond ridiculous in terms of prices and taxes. Second, we travel over 20 miles to play a game in a "home" stadium that is in another state. Third, our facilities are antiquated, moving into a new facility would be healthy for team morale as well as bringing in those highly sought after free agents. Finally, the players wouldn't have to pay taxes in both states...we pay full state taxes in NY, and duty day taxes in NJ. Nothing negative about this entry, just something to think about. God bless

it's a damn good point made by our center.Woody should heed this advice-move the team to Jersey build a new state of the art training facility and maybe then we won't always have to be wondering why we never get the top name F/A's.Hey,everybody likes to save dough and these guys don't make it like the baseball players make it anyway so yea,I hear ya Kevin.I'm liking this idea more and more.

No Stadium...what's next?

06/12/05

Now that the fate of a NY stadium has been made, it will be interesting to see what's next for Woody, Jay Cross and the rest of the Jets team. Knowing that the Giants will be getting a new stadium doesn't settle well with players on this side of Manhattan, but it looks like we'll be sharing a home with the Blue for quite a while. That being said, maybe we can move to Jersey. Now before the die hard Jets fans who live out here get upset, think about the business side of things for us players. Right now we are living in a real estate market that is beyond ridiculous in terms of prices and taxes. Second, we travel over 20 miles to play a game in a "home" stadium that is in another state. Third, our facilities are antiquated, moving into a new facility would be healthy for team morale as well as bringing in those highly sought after free agents. Finally, the players wouldn't have to pay taxes in both states...we pay full state taxes in NY, and duty day taxes in NJ. Nothing negative about this entry, just something to think about. God bless

Cry me a friggn' river.

What a pathetic sounding little baby.

This is coming from a millionaire who couldn't handle Al Grohs practices...

what big name free agents???

Stadium has nothing to do with where a free agent goes.

FREE agent....this is your VETERAN #1 starting CENTER of the #1 offense in the NFL /AFC....

MAWAE rules baby....

:mrgreen:

They can live where ever they choose but why practice in NY when they don't want to GIVE them a stadium..MOVE TO JERSEY! I have a piece of property for them to build on! FREE

Its not like Mawae will still be playing by the time the Jets would have actually moved to manhatten and played in the new stadium. so I don't really think he should care too much about it.

"nothing negative about this entry"

ok bud #-o:lol:

Kevin can whine all he wants, but it doesn't change the fact that they won't move the training complex. Woody paid a pretty penny for significant upgrades at Hofstra (despite KM calling it "antiquated"). Remember, two years ago, they were thinking about moving to CW Post.

Way to be a team player, Kevin!

Woody will get the stadium done on the West Siiiiideee.

There are more than 2 or 3 ways to skin a cat.

(Political Fat Cat that is)

BZ

Just think of what will happen to all of those west side related Jet domain names if it doesn't! That would be terrible.

Only busting man. =D>

Just think of what will happen to all of those west side related Jet domain names if it doesn't! That would be terrible.

Only busting man. =D>

True. True. :)

Really, for me, it comes down to:

- Ease of use: 5 stops on the #7 or hours of traffic, tolls, parking fees

- NYC pride: Why should the NYJ have a home in NJ?

- NYC money: It kills me that all of that revenue goes into NJ pockets for a NY team.

Tailgating, PSLs, Olympics, PILOTS, Silver, WTC are all side issues. Some will happen either way, some will never happen.

In the end, no matter what decision is made, I will be happy to continue to go see my beloved New York Jets play in person at least 10 times a year.

BZ

If the Jets became the New Jersey Jets (officially) then I think i would start rooting for another team. In my mind, they are always the NY Jets...but if they decided to officially name themselves NJ Jets then my heart would break and i would have to look for another team. I dont know if i could root for the Giants either. sigh...please do not change your name to the NJ Jets. I have so little going for me in my team selections (Mets are a .500 team, the knicks suck big time and the Islanders are not even playing) that the change to NJ would just crush me..

LL

These guys make MILLIONS and they are complianing about taxes...hahahahahahahahaha

Two things I remember about mawea and the 2000 season..He had some negative things to say about Keyshawn (Who I belive is/was the toughest, most competetive, hardest working jet..even parcells will tell you that, and he couldn't take Grohs hard practices..

Archived