16-5

LionelRichie

16-5. that is washington nationals record in 1 run games.

this team is everything the yankees are not. in yesterdays nationals game you jsut knew they would find a way to win, the same way that you knew the yankees wouldn't get that clutch hit, or would make that key error (mental included).

the nationals are the difference between young guys playing to win for the team and old guys with locked in contracts playing for their paycheck and nothing else.

the 2005 yankees make me sick, they have been an absolute embarassment this year.

Nationals have been playing some great ball- no question- they have to lead the league in come from behind victories. Right now everything is working for them- they trade for Spivey and he hits a big home-run for them first game

Nationals have been playing some great ball- no question- they have to lead the league in come from behind victories. Right now everything is working for them- they trade for Spivey and he hits a big home-run for them first game

my guess is that noone in the rest of the country has seen them play (in dc we get >100 tv games). but it's the way they win that is so impressive - they always get the clutch hit. and it's not superstars doing it, it's a bunch of no-names. some of them getting called up from AAA for a game or 2 and then getting sent back down. the nationals are he best story in baseball this year, I just hope they can keep it up and make a run in september.

Strange how a just a chance of country / location lifts this team to an average team at best every season since 94 to a 1st place team in the middle of June. :shock:

i don't know about avg team, last year they had some rediculous amount of losses. this year everything has gone their way, everything. RFK is definitely a pitchers park, the ball doesn't carry well and it is pretty deep to all fields.

if watch any of the games you see vintage national league ball - the kind the yankees played back in '96. clutch hitting, bunting, hit and runs, great pitching, and defense. that is the exact formula the yankees used before they got all HR and superstar crazy.

Archived