****Official Jets Vs. Dolphins Gameday thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started out the same last season and then became a upper echelon unit.

We didnt even look THIS BAD at the beginning of last year. If memory serves correctly the problem last year was that we weren't blitzing. This year the problem is we can send all 11 guys and it still takes about 4-5 seconds for someont to get NEAR the QB....

BTW, I love how 1/3 of the stadium was empty the last 7 minutes of the game.

Seriously, it is pathetic. The Jets have the only home fans in the league that leave 30 minutes before the game ends when their team is WINNING. Its embarassing.

That's probably why we don't have our own stadium, our fans didn't care enough to push for it, and without public support the project was sunk.

If Brady really wanted to be a jerk, he would call it Giants Stadium, but he calls it the Meadowlands, which I have to give him credit for. I'd be mocking the Jets if I was an opposing QB.

BTW, I love how 1/3 of the stadium was empty the last 7 minutes of the game.

Seriously, it is pathetic. The Jets have the only home fans in the league that leave 30 minutes before the game ends when their team is WINNING. Its embarassing.

It was VERY embarrasing...Even the announcers were mocking the Jets fans....TERRIBLE.

It was VERY embarrasing...Even the announcers were mocking the Jets fans....TERRIBLE.

And it happens every single f'ing "home" game. Who the hell leaves 30-45 minutes before the game actually ends? Why bother going to the game at all?

Its really embarassing.

I've been saying it for years...I love the Jets and there are a lot of great Jets fans on this site but as a whole we have some of the worst fans in the NFL. I've seen countless big games that start with thousands of empty seats and then like today, fans leaving with plenty of time left and don't hang around to enjoy a win. It's not going to stop me from cheering but I'd never be foolish enough to proclaim Jet fans as the "best fans in football".

I've been saying it for years...I love the Jets and there are a lot of great Jets fans on this site but as a whole we have some of the worst fans in the NFL. I've seen countless big games that start with thousands of empty seats and then like today, fans leaving with plenty of time left and don't hang around to enjoy a win. It's not going to stop me from cheering but I'd never be foolish enough to proclaim Jet fans as the "best fans in football".

I agree.

Lets be real though, Jets fans S-U-C-K.

And it happens every single f'ing "home" game. Who the hell leaves 30-45 minutes before the game actually ends? Why bother going to the game at all?

Its really embarassing.

Well a lot of it has to do with the travel to NJ and the ****ty parking....

I mean, after the Pats game my friend and I had to wait in about 2 1/2 hours of traffic just to get onto the highway. Thats the real embarrasing thing, I mean its not like this kind of traffic is unexpected, they should have a better way of dealing with it.

What is more embarrasing is that we are incapable of making noice without the presence of a 40 something year old fireman. I mean I love fireman ed, but is he really THAT important that nobody makes noise on big 3rd down plays???

Well I thought the crowd was good. When people left (which I didn't) but the parking (shuttle lots) really does give people an excuse to leave.

All in all I think the Jets are doing a great job with things.

All I know is that the announcers were talking about the lack of enthusiasm all game....

All I know is that the announcers were talking about the lack of enthusiasm all game....

Someone mentioned that to me. They should really just, LEAVE US JETS FANS ALONE.

The crowd seemed into it. I have no voice. Really though the announcers need to realize that Fireman Ed is hurting right now. And that we are all going through a dificult time. At one point today we had a 7 year old leading the cheer. And I am pretty sure he didn't know how to spell.

LEAVE JETS FANS ALONE. Announcers you deal with ME, lol.

Well a lot of it has to do with the travel to NJ and the ****ty parking....

I mean, after the Pats game my friend and I had to wait in about 2 1/2 hours of traffic just to get onto the highway. Thats the real embarrasing thing, I mean its not like this kind of traffic is unexpected, they should have a better way of dealing with it.

What is more embarrasing is that we are incapable of making noice without the presence of a 40 something year old fireman. I mean I love fireman ed, but is he really THAT important that nobody makes noise on big 3rd down plays???

This wasn't one of my games this year, so I wasn't there today. But what I have never understood is if you make the effort to tailgate and get there at 10AM for a 1Pm game, why not stay for an hours or so after the final gun and let the traffic clear a bit? Yeah, you get home a little later, but the rush to get out of the lot makes zero sense.

No knock on Ed, but Jets have only themselves to blame for making Ed into their mascot. When they were at Shea, there were a bunch of guys in the upper deck who did the cheer, and all of'em had tickets in the top deck. They began to feature Ed over those guys, and now they cannot bring them back, and who knows if they're even up there any more?

Archived