I know CP played well yesterday...but

afosomf

I Believe the best option is to trade CP to Bears for a 1st or 2nd rd pick.

Da Bears are desperate and Penne would be a great fit for them, he actually

could take them to SB in weak NFC.

CP can only lead us into marginal playoff positions and never to the Dance.

This should be obvious to all, we will not get past the cheating Pukes with

CP at QB. We need to use picks to retool DL or LB's. Our D is God Awful.

Sutton is also a tool and should be given walking papers.

I would never wanna see Chad in a Bears uniform. Chad aint going anywhere anytime soon. If anything, I would rahter trace Kellen to the Bears for a 2nd round pick... Why trade our best QB? lmao

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Do you want a team that can go to SB? or are you content making playoffs

at 9-7 or 10-6 and booted out in rd 1.

I am looking towards big picture, CP's arm will never let him defeat a team

with a great D, specially in a playoff game.. will not happen...ever in the AFC.

With DA Bears he can manage a game and limit mistakes and wait for their

D to set up O with Short field.

Trade him WHEN? NOW? LOL

I dont see the Jets trading any of their captains in the middle of the season, unless they suddenly demand a $1M raise. Save this post for the long off season.

A first round pick? For a guy with all that contract? I guess that we'll be stockpiling the picks with the 4th for Kendall, a 4th for Barrett, 1st for Penny, 1st for Vilma and 2nd for JMac. We're going to have a hell of a draft!

Da Bears are in a desperate situation. This trade makes sense. I would also

entertain trading Vilma and DSlob too. It is quite Clear that our D sucks.

This at best will be an 8-8 year and Clemens will ride pine which does not help

franchise in long run.

Ronnie Brown has been dogsh1t all year until Jests come to his doorstep.

Da Bears are in a desperate situation. This trade makes sense. I would also

entertain trading Vilma and DSlob too. It is quite Clear that our D sucks.

This at best will be an 8-8 year and Clemens will ride pine which does not help

franchise in long run.

Ronnie Brown has been dogsh1t all year until Jests come to his doorstep.

I don't see why the Bears would pull the trigger on that one. I don't think Chad is a gunslinger who is going to come in and change the team. I'm sure he would be an upgrade over Grossman, but he's the kind of guy that needs to know the system and have the system and plays designed around him and his limitations. If the Bears knew they were so desperate they would have made a move in the offseason, Matt Schaub anybody? Or at least picked up Culpepper.

Our D does suck, but we made the playoffs last year. Trading two starters for picks is probably not going to give that quick fix you're looking for. The "anybody is better" bull**** on this board is really getting tired.

I don't see why the Bears would pull the trigger on that one. I don't think Chad is a gunslinger who is going to come in and change the team. I'm sure he would be an upgrade over Grossman, but he's the kind of guy that needs to know the system and have the system and plays designed around him and his limitations. If the Bears knew they were so desperate they would have made a move in the offseason, Matt Schaub anybody? Or at least picked up Culpepper.

Our D does suck, but we made the playoffs last year. Trading two starters for picks is probably not going to give that quick fix you're looking for. The "anybody is better" bull**** on this board is really getting tired.

why??????????????????

Because Da bears cannot go to dance ...never mind and beat Indy/NE with Rexy at QB.

CP in Chi-town makes sense on both sides of equation, we need draft picks

to build a D.. Clemens looks good at QB... we have way too many holes to fill

Get r done!

Good idea.

What are the cap implications?

Good idea.

What are the cap implications?

$4.375M hit this year is my best guess:

I think $9M would accelerate to this year's cap. Next year he would count zero.

Right now he counts $2M salary and $3M amortized SB plus $6M NLTBE bonus money paid to him in '06, and $6M more amortized SB still needs to come off in 2008-2009. But this year his cap # is $11M. If we cut him we don't have to pay the balance of his '07 salary, but the rest of his amortized SB (the other $6M) would accelerate - I think to this year.

So Chicago would be responsible for the remainder of his 2007 salary (13/16 of $2M). We would pick up 3/16 if done right now ($375K).

In a nutshell:

2007: additional $5M hit

2008+: zero cap hit forever

It's all academic & I just like toying with this stuff. But there's absolutely no way this happens.

$4.375M hit this year is my best guess:

I think $9M would accelerate to this year's cap. Next year he would count zero.

Right now he counts $2M salary and $3M amortized SB plus $6M NLTBE bonus money paid to him in '06, and $6M more amortized SB still needs to come off in 2008-2009. But this year his cap # is $11M. If we cut him we don't have to pay the balance of his '07 salary, but the rest of his amortized SB (the other $6M) would accelerate - I think to this year.

So Chicago would be responsible for the remainder of his 2007 salary (13/16 of $2M). We would pick up 3/16 if done right now ($375K).

In a nutshell:

2007: additional $5M hit

2008+: zero cap hit forever

It's all academic & I just like toying with this stuff. But there's absolutely no way this happens.

take the hit this year, easily can restructure some other contracts

Both teams will suffer

we languish at 8-8 and Clemens sits on pine

Da Bears go 10-6 make playoffs and are 1 and done.

why??????????????????

Because Da bears cannot go to dance ...never mind and beat Indy/NE with Rexy at QB.

CP in Chi-town makes sense on both sides of equation, we need draft picks

to build a D.. Clemens looks good at QB... we have way too many holes to fill

Get r done!

I know this is just silly talk, but I already told you why. So why ask "why??????????????????" It actually makes very little sense. The Jets are a playoff team, why trade their qb? Most teams do not want a qb that is new to their system in mid-season. It's a good part of the reason the Jets went back to Vinny T in '05. It's not because he was the best option or had any upside left. If the Bears wanted to lose Grossman they could have made an offer for Penny, or Carr, or Schaub. Or they could have looked into guys like Garcia, Harrington or Culpepper. If they got anybody now, the odds are against them making a real positive impact before mid-season. They made their bed and it's too late to do anything but lie in it.

Besides, much as you may like Clemens do you really want the vet QB on the team to be Tuiasosopo? The Jets have a lot of holes to fill, but if multiple draft picks would solve their problems maybe they would use them rather than targeting people and trading away picks like crazy.

I know this is just silly talk, but I already told you why. So why ask "why??????????????????" It actually makes very little sense. The Jets are a playoff team, why trade their qb? Most teams do not want a qb that is new to their system in mid-season. It's a good part of the reason the Jets went back to Vinny T in '05. It's not because he was the best option or had any upside left. If the Bears wanted to lose Grossman they could have made an offer for Penny, or Carr, or Schaub. Or they could have looked into guys like Garcia, Harrington or Culpepper. If they got anybody now, the odds are against them making a real positive impact before mid-season. They made their bed and it's too late to do anything but lie in it.

Besides, much as you may like Clemens do you really want the vet QB on the team to be Tuiasosopo? The Jets have a lot of holes to fill, but if multiple draft picks would solve their problems maybe they would use them rather than targeting people and trading away picks like crazy.

mmm...not necessarily. Acquiring those other QB's would have needed to take place in pre-season. Lewis was all about "there is no controversy" etc. For whatever reason, Lewis didn't WANT any competition in camp or leave the potential for papers/tv to start with the "put in Carr" stories.

But this is all silly. Right now Pennington is starting. A team doesn't trade away its starting QB until he becomes #2 on the depth chart. It's not the same situation as Charlie Frye.

GArcia harrington and Pepper all suck!!!!!!

Bears GM needs to make a move, surprised Leftwich was not pounced on.

Bears are going no where fast and if you think our D is playoff caliber

you need to take a few Ludes. Our D is pathetic, like Mets bullpen.

mmm...not necessarily. Acquiring those other QB's would have needed to take place in pre-season. Lewis was all about "there is no controversy" etc. For whatever reason, Lewis didn't WANT any competition in camp or leave the potential for papers/tv to start with the "put in Carr" stories.

But this is all silly. Right now Pennington is starting. A team doesn't trade away its starting QB until he becomes #2 on the depth chart. It's not the same situation as Charlie Frye.

If Our D was playoff caliber, i would not have made post. This trade makes sense for both teams.

Penne can not get in done vs a good D, someone tell us what is record is

vs Playoff Caliber D's!!!!

this is the start of rebuilding, Our whole D needs to be dismantled. We need

a new scheme and plenty of draft picks to rebuild. Sutton needs to go!

If Our D was playoff caliber, i would not have made post. This trade makes sense for both teams.

1. We made the playoffs with this exact D and added 1st and 2nd round picks, plus a starting DE. Like it or not, our D = playoff caliber.

2. Penny can't get it done v. top Ds? Is the Bears FO incapable of reading a message board? I'm pretty sure they are aware of his shortcomings.

3. Our scheme isn't going anywhere. Sutton may go, but this was a 10-6 team and we are no longer making wholesale changes. Mangini is going to do it his way and I'm pretty sure it's a long way from yours.

Garcia = Pennington

I'm really get tired of hearing about this QB stuff. Our QB isnt the reason why we are 1-2. So please stop finding ways to throw Chad under the bus and for that matter Clemens. I've read stuff like trade Chad or Kellen, thats just dumb! Plain stupid. Maybe we should talk about how our defense is f***ing putrid. How we cant stop anyone and how we get minimal if any pressure on the QB.

Can we go a week without a damn thread about our QB's.

Look, I'm not Pennington's biggest fan. Far from it. But what you're suggesting would be career suicide for the GM/HC whod does this. CP is a strong locker room presence; he is the starting QB; as lousy as he is vs good teams the perception in the press is that he's the sh*t; and there will be an enormous accelerated cap hit. Given all that, if you trade him before he's #2 on the depth chart & you'd get fired unless you delivered a SB the next season.

It will not happen. As I wrote in another post: players have personalities; they have favorites; they have loyalties; they have friendships. If they didn't, then you could trade a Pennington or Vilma in mid-season like it was a computer game. In real life, you cannot.

Look, I'm not Pennington's biggest fan. Far from it. But what you're suggesting would be career suicide for the GM/HC whod does this. CP is a strong locker room presence; he is the starting QB; as lousy as he is vs good teams the perception in the press is that he's the sh*t; and there will be an enormous accelerated cap hit. Given all that, if you trade him before he's #2 on the depth chart & you'd get fired unless you delivered a SB the next season.

It will not happen. As I wrote in another post: players have personalities; they have favorites; they have loyalties; they have friendships. If they didn't, then you could trade a Pennington or Vilma in mid-season like it was a computer game. In real life, you cannot.

I usually win a superbowl or 3 before I trade chad in madden for a 1st round pick and a DT with 90+ovrl :lol:

Chicago would win a superbowl with Chad at the helm. It would happen this year. At the same rate Chad will never play for da bears

You are getting carried away. Pennington would get eaten alive by the Cowboys (whom the Bears defense is powerless to stop) or in the Super Bowl against the Pats (whom the entire NFL is apparently powerless to stop, and against whom Chad is something like 3-8 and seems unable to ever score a decent amount against). The Bears have NOTHING on offense. WE took their best RB from them! Their WRs are crap compared to what we have ourselves! Their O-line is actually WORSE than ours!

Chad should just stay here. We'll get some talent around him and see what happens. We would pound the Bears right now, the only reason we didn't beat them last year is because Pennington made 2 VERY BAD throws that I bet he doesn't make again, and Grossman made zero mistakes and got lucky on one play. Maybe the game would end a 0-0 tie, but Chad certainly isn't going to be what makes the Bears into a Super Bowl winner.

Archived