Deirdorff was busting on Jets fans big time!

He took several shots at the jets fans for being way too quite. No loud J-E-T-S cheers, very little crowd noise. He was hammering away! He said it seemed that the game was be played in Miami. You know what, he seemed on the money to me. I am deeply sadend that the stadium was half empty with a full quarter of football left to play. Where's the passion?

He took several shots at the jets fans for being way too quite. No loud J-E-T-S cheers, very little crowd noise. He was hammering away! He said it seemed that the game was be played in Miami. You know what, he seemed on the money to me. I am deeply sadend that the stadium was half empty with a full quarter of football left to play. Where's the passion?

The fans sounded very passionate when they booed Woody during halftime, LOL

Deirdorff was right, most of the noise made Sunday was for Wayne.

WOW,

I missed it....Did that really happen????

I was listening to the halftime on the radio, since TV didnt cover it.

It sounded unmistakeable to me that when he was introduced, they were booing loudly; either that or Lou Pinella made an appearance the field, LOL.

I thought the fans were very loud yesterday with the J-E-T-S chants, not all the time, but most of the time. Maybe it was just my side of the stadium? Who knows. I credit the fans for staying at halftime, well more than usual stayed, to honor Wayne and for booing Woody Johnson. I thought the fans did a very good job yesterday. A lot of Jets fans always leave when its 31-13, thats always going to happen in a lot of stadiums.

The crowd was pretty decent for the most part.Considering most were sitting in the basking sun and almost everyone was hot.The J-E-T-S chant was lame the crowd misses Fireman Ed no doubt. The scanning of the crowd and trying to get people to do the chant was ridiculous.The few that tried failed miserably. A simple fix would be to show Ed on the bigscreen or just put the letters up J-E-T-S 1 at a time.

Who the heck is Dan Dierdoff and what has he won,this guy has always been anti-Jets.

I'm sitting at the game when a buddy of mine texts me and the exchange goes like this:

Buddy: Dierdoff just said Jet's fans are being mellow and not making a lot of noise.

Me: Yeah . . . well . . . we're all drunk and high so that might explain it. Tell that a$$hole to stfu.

Buddy: lmao.

Edit: Seriously though, I blame the ridiculous amount of sun and heat at these early in the season games. Give me some cold weather football already, I have a friggin sunburn from yesterday.

Why would Woody get booed? Because of the WSS?

Very impressive showing by the fans staying in their seats for the halftime ceremony. The place was pretty packed when normally people run out to throw money at t!ts on the spirals. (Btw, I love Jet's games ;))

Good luck to Wayne and his family.

that's when all the miami fans left

That what I was thinking, how many tackles has Woody missed this year?

Parking? Concession and ticket prices? Stadium? Not getting enough quality defense while being $10M under the cap? Having to take crappy buses from the lot to the stadium? Q-Tips that dont have enough cotton on the tips?

On the other hand, we do need to thank him for the flag girls and vaseline.

:-P

Who the heck is Dan Dierdoff and what has he won,this guy has always been anti-Jets.

Not a bit of it! I remember many MNF games when he was in the booth will Al Michaels, and he was very appreciative of the JETS. I think Dierdorf is one of the all-time great announcers. He's also a Hall of Fame player, btw.

http://www.nfl.com/players/dandierdorf/profile?id=DIE415290

I think Dierdorf is one of the all-time great announcers.

Now, THERE'S something I've never heard before.

The CBS broadcast of that game was horrible. Dierdorf did give Pennington his props, though, which is more than some people around here are able to do.

Not a bit of it! I remember many MNF games when he was in the booth will Al Michaels, and he was very appreciative of the JETS. I think Dierdorf is one of the all-time great announcers. He's also a Hall of Fame player, btw.

He may have been a great player, but if he's an all-time great announcer I'm watching all the games on mute from now on.

u serious,,this guy is a assmunch,,he is EASILY the most hated announcer by the 50 or so Jet fans at bar I watch games on,,no one wants him doing our games..

he is a pompous and arrogant wit ha chip on his shoulder from publicity the NY players get,,so he takes it out on the current NY teams/fans

u serious,,this guy is a assmunch,,he is EASILY the most hated announcer by the 50 or so Jet fans at bar I watch games on,,no one wants him doing our games..

he is a pompous and arrogant wit ha chip on his shoulder from publicity the NY players get,,so he takes it out on the current NY teams/fans

What do you expect - Dickdorf is a former Michigan player - JUST LIKE TOM BRADY!

He's a PATSIE who has always, even when he co-hosted Monday Night Football, been an ANTI JETS FAN.

He's never not been bias when it comes to our team & I hate it when he anounces for CBS - He sucks!

NY fans suck in general, it's really pathetic. Big cities in general just don't care about sports. LA doesn't have a team and shouldn't ever get another one. NY doesn't really have one either, both play in NJ. Well, I guess the Bills are the only true NY team but people hate them too.

Waitaminute....

The Jets have fans? I thought you were all just a bunch of Giants fans who couldn't get tickets....;-)

(That, by the way was a joke. Though, I do believe I heard one of the sports casters say that at one point, and I was actually quite offended by that, because even though I'm a Pats fan, I have seen nothing but alot of passion from the Jets fans over the years. You guys love your team and go to great lengths to show it. I applaud that)

NY fans suck in general, it's really pathetic. Big cities in general just don't care about sports. LA doesn't have a team and shouldn't ever get another one. NY doesn't really have one either, both play in NJ. Well, I guess the Bills are the only true NY team but people hate them too.

I get tired of explaining this, but here we go again. The NY Jets and The NY Giants both have purchased their franchise rights from NY. Neither team, though they moved to NJ chose to purchase franchise rights from NJ because the Meadowlands is situated within the New York Metro area so it's not a stretch to have NY included in their team names. I think that when they get to the new stadium, they will just be referred to as the Jets and the Giants with no initials in front. They will just be from the Meadowlands.:Typotux:

I get tired of explaining this, but here we go again. The NY Jets and The NY Giants both have purchased their franchise rights from NY. Neither team, though they moved to NJ chose to purchase franchise rights from NJ because the Meadowlands is situated within the New York Metro area so it's not a stretch to have NY included in their team names. I think that when they get to the new stadium, they will just be referred to as the Jets and the Giants with no initials in front. They will just be from the Meadowlands.:Typotux:

sweet. i hear the eagles are moving to cherry hill.

Waitaminute....

The Jets have fans? I thought you were all just a bunch of Giants fans who couldn't get tickets....;-)

(That, by the way was a joke. Though, I do believe I heard one of the sports casters say that at one point, and I was actually quite offended by that, because even though I'm a Pats fan, I have seen nothing but alot of passion from the Jets fans over the years. You guys love your team and go to great lengths to show it. I applaud that)

In a lot of ways I compare the Jets to the BoSox pre 2004.

Although its been a while since the Jets got far in the playoffs and the BoSox got far often, we've pretty much been good enough to get 2nd place every season for the past decade or so... Give or take some good years where we took 1st and some bad ones where we dropped to 3rd or 4th...

But I think in a lot of ways, as much as we all want to see the Jets win, the fact that we havent done so makes our fans better imo because a VERY SMALL % of our fans are bandwagon jumpers...As was the case with the BoSox and their fans pre 2004.

So ya, being a Yankee fan I can see where you are coming from...Because despite all the dissapointment over the years, I saw nothing but passion from the fans.

Archived