Chad Pennington > Drew Brees

madmike1

It is funny how madmike was so quick in jumping to Chad's defense last season. "He has no offensive line!"; "He has no running game!". Well, neither does Brees, but he doesn't get to use that excuse. The Jets offense has more talent on it than does the Saints. Brees made it look otherwise last season. This season, he isn't.

Last year was a complete and utter fluke.

Brees has had too many good years to be called a fluke. This might be a down year for him, but I wouldn't write him off after 3 games.

In a lot of ways I would agree Chad is better. Chad really had a lot of bad breaks with injuries. The way Chad is playing he could easily be a top 10 QB this year if he stays healthy.

Bingo. I agree Brees does not look so good this year, but he has had no time to throw the ball at all. Our OL seemed to get their act together against MIA at least. But I don't see how any QB can get it done with the way NO's line has been playing. Add to that the fact that Colston is their only viable WR and they definitely have issues. Reggie Bush is not going to be able to shoulder the load at RB.

Saints fan here...and you are correct; Brees has no time to throw the ball, and Colston/other WR's aren't having time to get open. I think Reggie can shoulder the load, but not with the o-line play. Those guys played over their heads last year, and this year they can't seem to get their collective butts in gear. They won't improve to last year's level, but I can't believe they're as bad as they have shown thus far.

Colston is the real deal; he was one of the few bright spots last night. But he's being keyed on this year, unlike last year, and until someone steps up as the legitimate #2 guy, he won't get open like last season. Lance Moore was a great surprise in preseason and made a couple of key catches last night; watch for him to step up. Pierre Thomas is activated to fill Deuce's spot; Stecker will start over him but not for long, IMO. Thomas won a roster spot over Pittman (4th round) and plays hard 110% of the time. Reggie was one of the few players playing with fire last night; now he's got to prove he can make up for Deuce's loss. I think he can, but time will tell...time, and the offensive line...

I've followed the Jets since my husband and I lived in northern NJ for 14 years. I always thought that Chad would be a solid QB for the Jets. I hope it continues to go well with him; IMO he's been underrated and should surprise some people if he stays healthy.

I still believe this.

If Chad played in the Superdome 8 times a year he would break record and GET to the Super Bowl. Check his stats inside domes.

Chad Pennington is one of the top QB's in the league, when healthy. Well, guess what, he's healthy?

hahahaha

I love our QB situation, we have a great 30 year old starter and a nice young backup who showed glimpses.

• 3 months later...

Archived