Skill Pos Combine Notes

bitonti

WR Jerome Mathis from hampton ran an eye-boggling 4.25 - that's gotta help him out in a big way - it's a sick number on that surface. One of the lowest we've heard in a while at Indy.

WR Troy Williamson popped off a 4.28 - very nasty considering his playmaking abilities - possible that a team falls in love with him as a impact player and takes him in the top 15.

QB Adrian McPherson's 4.6 40 wasn't the greatest but he broad jumped 10-8 which is very respectable indeed. It's overlooked but broad jump is a nice gauge of core strength and explosion. In drills he really impressed with his quick release (honed by AFL no doubt) but were also surprised by his effortless deep balls. Did what he had to do this week.

WR Reggie Brown's 4.3 time and 10-8 Broad jump will help solidify him as a late first rounder - this kid has had a great offseason which keeps getting better. Pro-ready route running and hands with speed to match will make him an attractive package and could boost him higher than Fred Gibson in April's draft.

RB Ryan Moats made his money in drills this weekend and is soaring up draft charts - a GJ&H favorite and not without reason it seems. Good call bud.

More to come i have the tv coverage TIVOed and will work through that in the next day or so

McPherson had a quirky low release. I wonder if he had alot of tipped balls in the AFL? Best deep ball of the QB's that I was watching. I was NOT impressed at all with alot of the throws being made out there. Matt Leinart. San Fran should be doing everything they can to get Matt leinart into the supplemental draft. They have the best chance to get him, and do they ever need him. Even if they could get Leinart to give them a "maybe," I'd pass on Alex Smith and Rodgers and trade down.

Thanks Bit, Great info

Honestly, if the Jets can sign Fred Smoot I would then make every attempt to trade out of the 1st RD for a 2nd RD Pick and maybe an added 4

And then I would tab Ryan Moats and Courtney Roby or Jerome Mathis with my two 2's

No kidding .. that would absolutely be my #1 strategy if the Jets can sign one of these top FA CB's

Thanks Bit, Great info

Honestly, if the Jets can sign Fred Smoot I would then make every attempt to trade out of the 1st RD for a 2nd RD Pick and maybe an added 3 or 4

And then I would tab Ryan Moats and Courtney Roby or Jerome Mathis with my two 2nd RD Picks

No kidding .. that would absolutely be my #1 strategy if the Jets can sign one of these top FA CB's

That's a hell of an idea, Ham. Especially if one of the DE's are there, somebody would want to deal up, I would think. Only, here's the problem: Terry Bradway would end up drafting Walter Reyes and Maurice Clarett in round 2 and Roscoe Parrish and Andrew Walter in round three. :lol:

That's a hell of an idea, Ham. Especially if one of the DE's are there, somebody would want to deal up, I would think. Only, here's the problem: Terry Bradway would end up drafting Walter Reyes and Maurice Clarett in round 2 and Roscoe Parrish and Andrew Walter in round three. :lol:

LOL!! :lol:

But really ... assuming we sign a top FA Corner, we should really try hard to deal out of the 1st RD for perhaps a 2 and a 4, cause I love three 2nd RD Players in this draft and I wanna walk away with two of them in RD 2 ... Moats and one of the WR's {Roby or Mathis}

LOL!! :lol:

But really ... assuming we sign a top FA Corner, we should really try hard to deal out of the 1st RD for perhaps a 2 and a 4, cause I love three 2nd RD Players in this draft and I wanna walk away with two of them in RD 2 ... Moats and one of the WR's {Roby or Mathis}

I am DOWN with that. It will also be interesting to see if we re-sign Ferguson. If not, maybe the extra second rounder could be invested in a true NT. But getting a speed WR would be niiiice.

BIT:

I told Riggins this but you should put a link to your site in your signature. Seriously man, the work you guys do is really good. Get some credit for it already.

Do it, do it, do it.

Hammer

I'm suprised you're not all over this Neiamiah Broughton felow fro the Citadel

The guy is a beast at a more "NFL" like 250, and runs a 4.45

A real battering ram. My kind of back!!

Moats to me is waaaaaaay too risky.

How many Barry Sanders type backs actually make it??

Archived