Matt Holiday, Prince Fielder or Jimmy Rollins?

Blackout

I say Fielder.

Holliday plays in Coors Field 81 times, so unless he puts up A-Rod #'s, I can't even consider him. Rollins and Fielder are at the top of the list for me. Rollins has

Utley & Howard in the lineup and plays in a little league stadium. Fielder has 47 bombs and has carried that team on his back all year.

By a slight margin my vote goes to Fielder.

1) Fielder

2) Rollins

3) Holliday

4) Wright

5) Webb

I say Fielder.

Holliday plays in Coors Field 81 times, so unless he puts up A-Rod #'s, I can't even consider him. Rollins and Fielder are at the top of the list for me. Rollins has

Utley & Howard in the lineup and plays in a little league stadium. Fielder has 47 bombs and has carried that team on his back all year.

By a slight margin my vote goes to Fielder.

1) Fielder

2) Rollins

3) Holliday

4) Wright

5) Webb

Ryan Braun has done just as much damage as anyone since his call-up.

I wonder if Barton still feels the NL has no talent?

hes not even going to be in uniform next week

and the other three will?

That's a dumb reason.

if you're basing it on what teams make the playoffs,then Wright should be here too. Mets still have a chance.

any way you look at it wright should be a frontrunner. He's been the ONLY consistent producer for the Mets this season.

and the other three will?

That's a dumb reason.

if you're basing it on what teams make the playoffs,then Wright should be here too. Mets still have a chance.

any way you look at it wright should be a frontrunner. He's been the ONLY consistent producer for the Mets this season.

Holliday has as much as a chance as Wright of getting to the post-season.

Rollins is the MVP. Phils have no starting pitching aside from Hamels. And he missed some time this season. Their pen makes the Mets pen look really good. Rollins is the machine that runs that ship. Utley missed some time, Howard had a slow start, Burrell did almost nothing until July. Rollins was the glue.

Basically, he was to Philly what A-Rod was to the Yankees in April and May: He kept them afloat until others clicked in. Although he did not have near the HRs that A-Rod did, but he is a leadoff hitter, and still has good pop.

He gets my vote, and I really don't think it's that close.

Holliday has as much as a chance as Wright of getting to the post-season.

Rollins is the MVP. Phils have no starting pitching aside from Hamels. And he missed some time this season. Their pen makes the Mets pen look really good. Rollins is the machine that runs that ship. Utley missed some time, Howard had a slow start, Burrell did almost nothing until July. Rollins was the glue.

Basically, he was to Philly what A-Rod was to the Yankees in April and May: He kept them afloat until others clicked in. Although he did not have near the HRs that A-Rod did, but he is a leadoff hitter, and still has good pop.

He gets my vote, and I really don't think it's that close.

Have you looked at Rollins May numbers? Not sure who he was carrying. He's also been terrible with RISP while Wright has hit over .370 the last 2 months.

Rollins is a decent candidate but IMO he gets more recognition because he predicted the Phils as the team to beat.

UTLEY

Utley is the best player on the Phillies. Rollins is good. His numbers are good and his defense is excellent.

Utley also plays great defense and has great numbers, and he doesn't swing at the first pitch -- he takes pitches and works the count... etc. etc. etc.

Rollins had a great year, but Utley is the MVP.

i dont know i say Rollins > Howard > Utley

Wile Utley is the guy that makes this team go. Rollins was the man this year. The team did well while Utley was out, also.

Ryan Howard better than Utley? Hardly.

He broke the record for strikeouts, despite missing 3 weeks, and plays an awful first base. That play was comical on Saturday. Howard takes an awful approach to the plate, while Utley gives professional at bats

not true

When I made that post yesterday, both had an equal chance of getting in the post-season, if their team won. Actually, Holliday also needed the Padres to lose, but wright just needed a Mets win, and they would be playing today.

Thems the facts.;)

Have you looked at Rollins May numbers? Not sure who he was carrying. He's also been terrible with RISP while Wright has hit over .370 the last 2 months.

Rollins is a decent candidate but IMO he gets more recognition because he predicted the Phils as the team to beat.

And A-Rod had a terrible, for him, June this year. But at the end, Rollins had 38 doubles, 19 triples, 30 HRs, 91 RBIs (batting after the pitcher, mind you!!), and led the NL in Runs. He also had a slew of SBs, and hit very well overall. He was the little engine that made the Philly machine go.

He deserves to be the MVP.

He broke the record for strikeouts, despite missing 3 weeks, and plays an awful first base. That play was comical on Saturday. Howard takes an awful approach to the plate, while Utley gives professional at bats

you know who else held the single season SO record?

Babe Ruth.

Howard was an RBI machine all season, I predicted him to get 40-110 this year, not 47-136.

you know who else held the single season SO record?

Babe Ruth.

Howard was an RBI machine all season, I predicted him to get 40-110 this year, not 47-136.

Have you watched his approach at the plate. On some lefthanders, he practically gives at bats away.

He is still learning as a hitter,

With Rollins, Victorino and Utley on base in front of you, the majority of major leaguers could get 100 RBI.

I don't know if they keep such stats, but I suspect that Ryan Howard batting with more people on base per at bat than any other major leaguer.

Archived