Heres the perfect QB plan for the Jets

timbok

1.Get rid of Kellen Clemens (keep reading morons)

2.Trade a player we have no use for (Vilma) to a sucky team,for a 1-5 first round draft pick (trade vilma near the end of the season) and for another lb.

3.Draft Colt Brennen in the first round next year.

4.Have Pennington has our QB through 2008 (contract),then have Brennen start afterwards (after 1 year to learn on the bench)

= championship

"Brennan originally joined the University of Colorado football team in 2003 as a walk-on. He spent the year as a redshirt.

On January 28, 2004, Brennan entered the dorm room of a University of Colorado coed uninvited and, according to the coed "exposed himself and fondled her."[2] Brennan, who was intoxicated at the time of the incident, was arrested and eventually pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and trespassing, "

2.Trade a player we have no use for (Vilma) to a sucky team,for a 1-5 first round draft pick (trade vilma near the end of the season) and for another lb.

4.Have Pennington has our QB through 2008 (contract),then have Brennen start afterwards (after 1 year to learn on the bench)

= championship

1 You can't trade players near the end of the season

2 We would be lucky to get a late 1st rounder for Vilma, much less a 1-5 pick AND a LB. You're out of your mind.

We'd be lucky to get a 1-5 pick in round TWO for Vilma even-up at this point.

One year left on his deal means he'll need a new one immediately from the team acquiring him. Such things make players' trade values drop like stones in water. It's the reason we barely got a (late) first-rounder for Abraham - in his prime with 3 pro-bowls under his belt. It's why T.O. got traded for only a 2nd-rounder to Philly or why Thomas Jones' trade value was a mid 3rd-rounder.

I can't believe anyone would seriously think anyone would give up a top-5 pick and a LB (one who presumably has some value or what's the point) even-up for Jonathan Vilma right smack in the 2nd year of two consecutive crappy seasons, and 4 months before he'll need a new (big) contract. That's why I called BS. This cannot be a serious thread.

We'd be lucky to get a 1-5 pick in round TWO for Vilma even-up at this point.

One year left on his deal means he'll need a new one immediately from the team acquiring him. Such things make players' trade values drop like stones in water. It's the reason we barely got a (late) first-rounder for Abraham - in his prime with 3 pro-bowls under his belt. It's why T.O. got traded for only a 2nd-rounder to Philly or why Thomas Jones' trade value was a mid 3rd-rounder.

I can't believe anyone would seriously think anyone would give up a top-5 pick and a LB (one who presumably has some value or what's the point) even-up for Jonathan Vilma right smack in the 2nd year of two consecutive crappy seasons, and 4 months before he'll need a new (big) contract. That's why I called BS. This cannot be a serious thread.

So, you admit you'd make that move!!!

= championship

Are you kidding?

= championship

Ok, so I'm a Moron...

That said, why even get rid of Clemens?

The route that Mangini & co are taking puts Clemens out as our #1 QB next year anyway.

If Vilma is not working out, yes we can trade him - but for what?

• Do we need more position players - yes
  • Do we need to go after players that will take at least 2 years to develop & yet get rid of a Pro-player like Vilma - NO.

I'm really starting to get irate over this MADDEN '08 mentality that many of you, just like timbok have over the game of football.

It's really great if you can set in motion a team that develops fast to get to the big game but falls short the next year because of it (ala NE?).

However, I have always been one who believes that Slow & Steady wins the race. So did Mike Shanahan (DENVER) & so does Tony Dungy (INDIANAPOLIS).

We need to establish ourselves for the long run & not the JUST PUT OUT FOR ME RIGHT NOW OR LEAVE YOU WHORE mentality.

It's why I use that line from last year as my signature: "If you don't believe in us, change teams & become fans of another team!" - Chad Pennington.

You can not just reset real life & in sports it's always going to be a day/day experience - get used to it & maybe you can get used to reality...

Guess that makes most of us less of a moron than those who believe that everything has to be perfect in order for reality to go my way...

But that's selfishnes & another story for another day!

Ok, so I'm a Moron...

That said, why even get rid of Clemens?

The route that Mangini & co are taking puts Clemens out as our #1 QB next year anyway.

If Vilma is not working out, yes we can trade him - but for what?

• Do we need more position players - yes
  • Do we need to go after players that will take at least 2 years to develop & yet get rid of a Pro-player like Vilma - NO.

I'm really starting to get irate over this MADDEN '08 mentality that many of you, just like timbok have over the game of football.

It's really great if you can set in motion a team that develops fast to get to the big game but falls short the next year because of it (ala NE?).

However, I have always been one who believes that Slow & Steady wins the race. So did Mike Shanahan (DENVER) & so does Tony Dungy (INDIANAPOLIS).

We need to establish ourselves for the long run & not the JUST PUT OUT FOR ME RIGHT NOW OR LEAVE YOU WHORE mentality.

It's why I use that line from last year as my signature: "If you don't believe in us, change teams & become fans of another team!" - Chad Pennington.

You can not just reset real life & in sports it's always going to be a day/day experience - get used to it & maybe you can get used to reality...

Guess that makes most of us less of a moron than those who believe that everything has to be perfect in order for reality to go my way...

But that's selfishnes & another story for another day!

well it`s been about about 38 years since we`ve won a Championship Baumer just how much slower do you want us to go?

= championship

So we're going to trade Vilma for a top 5 pick AND a LB too ? Riiiiiight. :roll:

Archived