The Mets don't deserve a playoff berth

Jetsfan80

Barton, weren't you the guy that said the AL Est ahs the most fearsome line-ups?

Runs scored for the Year- AL East 4029, NL East 3908

Difference 121 runs

Roughly 24 Runs/team or roughly 1 run every 8 games/team

I would tell you easily the DH Is worth 1 run over every 8 games, over a pitcher.

Most fearsome line-ups? I think not

And which division has better starting pitching and bullpen?

The Al East - by a wide margin. So not only did the Al East out score the NL east, but they did it against far better pitching.

The Al East - by a wide margin. So not only did the Al East out score the NL east, but they did it against far better pitching.

So, you are saying that good pitching beats great hitting?

Fine, why did you bring up the line-ups then?

If you want to be technical and dig deep on this analysis, the AL East has 2 band boxes (Fenway and Camden), with a cheap short porch in Yanke Stadium, while the NL East has a band box in Citizens, with caverns of RFK and Shea.

Isn't the Yanks team ERA higher than the Mets and Braves while about the same as the NATS? In fact the 2 worst team ERA's in MLB reside in the AL East.:confused:

So, you are saying that good pitching beats great hitting?

Fine, why did you bring up the line-ups then?

If you want to be technical and dig deep on this analysis, the AL East has 2 band boxes (Fenway and Camden), with a cheap short porch in Yanke Stadium, while the NL East has a band box in Citizens, with caverns of RFK and Shea.

Great pitching beats great hitting, not just good pitching, great pitching.

I'm not gonna go in circles with you scott. All you have to do is look at the rosters and results of the teams to know that the AL is far superior. You bring up the Yankees 10-8 record vs the NL, but the Yankees arent the only team in the NL are they?

If you want to look at a larger scope, look at the total interleague records of NL vs AL.

The AL has completely murdered the NL the last 2 years, and it is historically lopsided.

Great pitching beats great hitting, not just good pitching, great pitching.

I'm not gonna go in circles with you scott. All you have to do is look at the rosters and results of the teams to know that the AL is far superior. You bring up the Yankees 10-8 record vs the NL, but the Yankees arent the only team in the NL are they?

If you want to look at a larger scope, look at the total interleague records of NL vs AL.

The AL has completely murdered the NL the last 2 years, and it is historically lopsided.

murdered? murdered? As I said, 4 teams in the Al had records that were "dominating" over the AL.

The NL record was much better than last year. I guess we are to assume thae gap has greatly closed.

We can agree there.

Rosters? Rosters are built very differntly between the leagues for obvious reasons.

Ever wonder why Al has more mashers on teh bench while the NL needs more utility type people? I hope I don't need to tell you why.

Seriously, stop stalking me. It's getting kinda weird.

btw, the only thing getting owned here is the NL courtesy of the AL.

You sound like a mOron. Didn't the NL win the World Series last year? The 2 leagues are obviously different. You're comparing apples to oranges.

You sound like a mOron. Didn't the NL win the World Series last year? The 2 leagues are obviously different. You're comparing apples to oranges.

I may sound like a moron, but you definitely are one.

You are right though. The 2 leagues are different. 1 is very good, the other is terrible.

Archived