_______________ is not the reason we're struggling

K2C

I am tired of seeing one person singled out for causing this team's failures.

David Barett isn't the problem. Chad Pennington is not the problem. Jonathan Vilma is not the problem. Bryan Thomas is not the problem. Justin McCareins is not the problem.

Have you all forgotten this is a TEAM effort?

Coaches, front office, players and the fans should all be held accountable evenly.

It's not David Barett's fault that any QB facing the Jets has a ****ing lunch hour to stand in the pocket and fire away at will.

It's not Jonathan Vilma's fault that he has unmercifully been shoved in to a piece of **** system we call the 3-4.

It's not Shaun Ellis' fault that he isn't sacking anybody. Would you be able to sack the QB taking on 3 defenders because of the lack of a pass rush?

It's not Pennington's fault he can't step in to his throws. Maybe if he had a pocket to step in to he would throw 5-10 yards further down the field. Maybe if he had an extra second he wouldn't have to check down to his HB every pass play. I like KC just as much as the next guy...but he won't be able to do anything either..as evidenced by his start at BAL. Don't give me he was a GOD in the 4th Q crap..The Ravens D played soft and allowed him time to throw.

Maybe of the coaching wasn't so ****ing predictable a mix of pass and run plays would spread the defense. We would use different packages/substitutions to make the desense second guess what will happen.

You people up north that actually have an opportunity to go to a game..how about you make a little noise? If the Jets are 1-14...you should still scream your ass off in hopes of aiding the opposing offense to make a mistake. When the Jets are down 7-0 everyone files out, and the ones that stay are silent.

Where is your ****ing loyalty people? At 21...I have seen plenty of bad seasons already. FACE REALITY...only 4 games have been played thus far...FOUR. Losing to the Bills was a no-no...but we expected this with the way our schedule started us off.

How about a little faith. And stop blaming individuals for our failures. We WIN as a team..and we LOSE as a team.

Get over yourselves and start acting like you are a fan of the New York Jets.

David Barett isn't the problem. Chad Pennington is not the problem. Jonathan Vilma is not the problem. Bryan Thomas is not the problem. Justin McCareins is not the problem.

Coaches, front office, players and the fans should all be held accountable evenly.

It's not David Barett's fault that any QB facing the Jets has a ****ing lunch hour to stand in the pocket and fire away at will.

It's not Jonathan Vilma's fault that he has unmercifully been shoved in to a piece of **** system we call the 3-4.

It's not Shaun Ellis' fault that he isn't sacking anybody. Would you be able to sack the QB taking on 3 defenders because of the lack of a pass rush?

It's not Pennington's fault he can't step in to his throws. Maybe if he had a pocket to step in to he would throw 5-10 yards further down the field. Maybe if he had an extra second he wouldn't have to check down to his HB every pass play. I like KC just as much as the next guy...but he won't be able to do anything either..as evidenced by his start at BAL. Don't give me he was a GOD in the 4th Q crap..The Ravens D played soft and allowed him time to throw.

Maybe of the coaching wasn't so ****ing predictable a mix of pass and run plays would spread the defense. We would use different packages/substitutions to make the desense second guess what will happen.

You people up north that actually have an opportunity to go to a game..how about you make a little noise? If the Jets are 1-14...you should still scream your ass off in hopes of aiding the opposing offense to make a mistake. When the Jets are down 7-0 everyone files out, and the ones that stay are silent.

Where is your ****ing loyalty people? At 21...I have seen plenty of bad seasons already. FACE REALITY...only 4 games have been played thus far...FOUR. Losing to the Bills was a no-no...but we expected this with the way our schedule started us off.

How about a little faith. And stop blaming individuals for our failures. We WIN as a team..and we LOSE as a team.

Bravo my friend. Bravo.

POTW NOM!!!

I said it before, We live as a team, we die as a team.

ok I blame the whole team for playing like dogs for the first 4 games...there I feel much better now...I have a funny feeling when you turn 31 your views will change

I have to disgree, he's spot on. I'm way older than 31 and when you become my age, you don't have personal agenda's like many on these boards do...I find that mostly with the younger crowd of fans.

If I'm going to blame one person for this joke of a performance I've witnessed these first four games, I may be leaning on the HC...key word is "may".

finally!! thank you so much for this. win as a team and lose as a team.

At 21...I have seen plenty of bad seasons already.

You haven't seen anything. As most of the older guys will tell you, with the exception of a few shining moments over the past 30+ years, the past few years have actually been relatively good. I said relatively. You don't want to experience what we've been through, believe me.

You haven't seen anything. As most of the older guys will tell you, with the exception of a few shining moments over the past 30+ years, the past few years have actually been relatively good. I said relatively. You don't want to experience what we've been through, believe me.

I missed the part about him being 21...I liked his point that this is a team blame here and not just several players...but, like you said, he's been spoiled since the Parcells era...before that it was slim pickings. I just hope we don't go back to those 4-12 seasons...it would kill me.

I missed the part about him being 21...I liked his point that this is a team blame here and not just several players...but, like you said, he's been spoiled since the Parcells era...before that it was slim pickings. I just hope we don't go back to those 4-12 seasons...it would kill me.

Buckle your chinstrap, if things don't turn around soon, we could be on the fast track to 4-12 this year.....again.

Whether I'm 21 or 61...I stand by what I've said.

You mean to tell me that because I wasn't born before a lot of you that I don't know what it's been like?

I am in no way saying that I know more than anyone here..but if you think that the fact we have only one championship in our history doesn't piss me off you are sadly mistaken.

I didn't have to watch the games over the years I wasn't here to feel your pain...trust me I feel it.

DWC____________Is the problem!:Nuts:

I blame any coach on the Jets that is physically impaired. I AM TALKING TO YOU MIKE WESTHOFF! Just blame the cripple, it's the easiest thing to do.

We all have to remember that the Jets have no major losses thus far from Injuries (minus Just Miller). And despite their situation, they are an upbeat and motivated group of guys with high character. Some of the losing teams have HUUUGE flaws that are impossible to fix. CHargers and Bengals are fighting with each other. Bears have NOBODY to play quarterback. The saints...wow, they've imploded so far. Seriously. There are two teams who(Saints, Bengals and CHargers) who were at least decent if now awesome the past two years, and they have fallen apart. All of our games except the Pats were decided by 3 points!!! We do have what it takes to compete and win close games. We just have to be a little bit better all around.

THe JETS started out like snails last year, and the guys all just played better and better as the year went along. I think that can happen this year. We can't wait much longer, but it can happen.

PS - I sit in my seat until the game ends. I NEVER EVER boo (except at opposing teams), and I scream like crazy even if our season is over. I'm a die hard JETS fan!!!

UGH!! Please not 4-12. Been there done that. Hopefully we'll turn it around soon (like this week).

No matter how bad things may get, there is a bright side this year. THE FLIGHT CREW!!!!!

Seriously, there are no problems that cant be fixed. Alot of the problems are basic fundementals. Its so obvious that this team is blowing assignments on a regular basis. Way too many penalties!!!! Nugent needs to make the easy kicks. The problem is not a lack of talent. Its not doing the basic things needed to win the games.

We all have to remember that the Jets have no major losses thus far from Injuries (minus Just Miller). And despite their situation, they are an upbeat and motivated group of guys with high character. Some of the losing teams have HUUUGE flaws that are impossible to fix. CHargers and Bengals are fighting with each other. Bears have NOBODY to play quarterback. The saints...wow, they've imploded so far. Seriously. There are two teams who(Saints, Bengals and CHargers) who were at least decent if now awesome the past two years, and they have fallen apart. All of our games except the Pats were decided by 3 points!!! We do have what it takes to compete and win close games. We just have to be a little bit better all around.

THe JETS started out like snails last year, and the guys all just played better and better as the year went along. I think that can happen this year. We can't wait much longer, but it can happen.

PS - I sit in my seat until the game ends. I NEVER EVER boo (except at opposing teams), and I scream like crazy even if our season is over. I'm a die hard JETS fan!!!

Those teams are fighting because they have talent and should be winning. The Jets aren't fighting because they are not that talented and a bunch of coaches pet choir boys. Hopefully it's not because they are resigned to their fate.

No matter how bad things may get, there is a bright side this year. THE FLIGHT CREW!!!!!

Seriously, there are no problems that cant be fixed. Alot of the problems are basic fundementals. Its so obvious that this team is blowing assignments on a regular basis. Way too many penalties!!!! Nugent needs to make the easy kicks. The problem is not a lack of talent. Its not doing the basic things needed to win the games.

So, the problem is... coaching?

Seriously, Nugent has to make that kick. But then nobody has a 100% FG percentage even under 40 yards. It's been over a year since he missed a FG of that length.

If it was a last-minute FG, I'd be more pissed at him. But when your QB throws a pair of 4th-Q picks & plods the team down the field with the clock ticking down, I can't see pinning the game on a FG that would have at best tied the game (if everything else happened identically). It doesn't erase the 28 minutes prior to that drive that Buffalo kept us out of FG range (let alone the endzone).

Given how bad Buffalo's defense is, I'm just not sympathetic to anyone suggesting we shouldn't have lost but for a first-half FG.

Seriously, Nugent has to make that kick. But then nobody has a 100% FG percentage even under 40 yards. It's been over a year since he missed a FG of that length.

If it was a last-minute FG, I'd be more pissed at him. But when your QB throws a pair of 4th-Q picks & plods the team down the field with the clock ticking down, I can't see pinning the game on a FG that would have at best tied the game (if everything else happened identically). It doesn't erase the 28 minutes prior to that drive that Buffalo kept us out of FG range (let alone the endzone).

Given how bad Buffalo's defense is, I'm just not sympathetic to anyone suggesting we shouldn't have lost but for a first-half FG.

Agreed. I just watched that first INT again and again! The third string CB jumped the route on our wonder boy QB's floater! I am more disgusted with Sir Chadwick then ever!

Whether I'm 21 or 61...I stand by what I've said.

You mean to tell me that because I wasn't born before a lot of you that I don't know what it's been like?

I am in no way saying that I know more than anyone here..but if you think that the fact we have only one championship in our history doesn't piss me off you are sadly mistaken.

I didn't have to watch the games over the years I wasn't here to feel your pain...trust me I feel it.

What was said last year when Mangini was named Coach? Everyone was talking about how long it would take to turn things around. How long, 5yrs, 3yrs, 4yrs? No one said two years. Last year the team with the new Coach exceeded expectations. This year, though some aspects are better, some are worse and the team is under performing even though all the prognosticators have us slotted to a possible 6-10 win season since the schedule is stiffer. I think we'll probably end up with a better record than that, but if we don't, I'm still thinking we are a much better team next season and we will be a force to be reckoned with in 2009. I was here for all the losing years and the Superbowl year and all the years we finished in the middle of the pack. All the years of drafting the best available player whether we needed him or not (mostly not). You may feel "the pain", but you also seem to want instant gratification. We won only one Superbowl, but it was the one that put the NFL on the map and there are teams that never won a Superbowl. There's a good group of NT's coming out of College this year and we'll probably draft one and we are all pretty sure that Pennington will not be the QB next year. I hope we can trade him somewhere because he does have a seven year $64million dollar contract with an $18million signing bonus. I see us improving this year and significantly improving next year.

No one is blaming it all on Nuge, I have just found it really unfair that people are putting this one 100% on Chad when there are so many others who didnt play well or even worse than he did.

Everyone makes mistakes, Chad wont do that often and hopefully neither will Nuge.

I think the kick would have made a huge impact, like you said I dont know that but I gues no one will.:confused0082:

No one is blaming it all on Nuge, I have just found it really unfair that people are putting this one 100% on Chad when there are so many others who didnt play well or even worse than he did.

Everyone makes mistakes, Chad wont do that often and hopefully neither will Nuge.

I think the kick would have made a huge impact, like you said I dont know that but I gues no one will.:confused0082:

Jerk.

Archived