I have been thinking about joining the Army

RunStuffer63

and dropping ou of college..

I just am not into it this semester, and I don't want to waste my parents money anymore..

I don't care about my life, and am willing to give it up to help my country..

I don't really know what to do anymore..

My parents want me to stay in college, but I don't think i am worth it.. Truth be told I want to be a fireman.. Always have..

Oh well...

The way it is these days its either college or army.. take your choice..

I just am not into it this semester, and I don't want to waste my parents money anymore..

My parents want me to stay in college, but I don't think i am worth it.. Truth be told I want to be a fireman.. Always have..

Oh well...

I thought you wanted to drop out of college to learn to roller blade. Now you want to join the Army? Or become a fire man? My advice is to become a fireman. You'll have more spare time to take roller blade lessons.

If you started out committed to college & now aren't that into it, then the military may not be for you. You can't just get out of that committment by taking the semester off b/c you are "not into it" anymore - they probably won't go for that.

I'd give it more than 6 months of consideration before enlisting. If you still want to then, well good for you. But don't dick around with joining the army because you're feeling a little directionless a month into the semester.

There are more things to do than college or the military. Because one of those hasn't suited you doesn't mean the other will; or more importantly, that the other is your only option.

Ask some people who are in (or have been in) the military about it. It is absolutely the right move for some & the wrong move for others. Luckily for you, it is an option & not mandated by the state.

Or is this just a bunch of crap & just another BoomBoom was bored this morning so he created this thread?

Or is this just a bunch of crap & just another BoomBoom was bored this morning so he created this thread?

I'm sure that's all it is, but this whole college or the military thing is one of the problems with today's society. Schools have been dumbed down and college is now the equivalent of high school. People with no interest in being educated go to college either because everybody does or to avoid work for another few years. What the **** is wrong with a trade school? My air conditioning always needs repairing and there is never a competent tech around to do it.

Oh well...

I Have nothing against our Armed forces but seiously dude,

STAY IN COLLEGE.

Today a College degree is the equivilant to a highschool diploma. You need one to get anywhere in life. Would you rather hang out with sorority girls or with sweaty soilders? It sounds like youre just lazy man. Get up go to your classes. You need to find your nitch. Youre not wasting money trust me. Mid way through college everyone has doubts. If you stick with it youll be happy you did. And besides going into the army isnt going to make things better you'll have to work 100 times harder and deal with 1000 times more bull****.

I'm sure that's all it is, but this whole college or the military thing is one of the problems with today's society. Schools have been dumbed down and college is now the equivalent of high school. People with no interest in being educated go to college either because everybody does or to avoid work for another few years. What the **** is wrong with a trade school? My air conditioning always needs repairing and there is never a competent tech around to do it.

Trade schools are where it's at.

I should never have gone to the four year school, i didn't like it, and didn't take nearly enough away from it to make it worth what was paid. Had I gone to a tech school i could have done any number of things, most of which involve using your hands, which i like anyway.

I learned more in my one year selling mortgages on straight commission than i did in my 4 years of school. Infact, had i done a trade school, worked that same job, it would have made it much easier to start my own (small) real estate company since I would have had more money to purchases buildings.

School messes with people so much, if you look at a lot of very successful people they have much better people skills than their ability to do calculas, or tell the difference between a frogs kidney and lung.

or...this could be boomboom making me look like an idiot. Either way...rock on. :cool:

Well, you can try actually speaking the language to them instead of my-eh-air-conditioner-ain't-eh-working. You-ah-fix-eh, yeh?

Well, you can try actually speaking the language to them instead of my-eh-air-conditioner-ain't-eh-working. You-ah-fix-eh, yeh?

dude you wouldnt be giving up your life for your country youd be giving up your life for nothing.

get a reALITY check. this isnt ww2. go take some time off and travel or go to the peace corps and see the world or find a g/f

Forget the Army or the Marines. It's not a good time to be in a branch of service that is spread real thin right now with the way the world situation is at the moment. If you're going to join one of the branches, try the Air Force or the Navy. The Navy if you like good food.

I've fed my son (he's 23) so much of my Nam days that the last place he wants to go is in the military...stay in school is my best advice or pursue being a firefighter which you indicated you are considering.

I Have nothing against our Armed forces but seiously dude,

STAY IN COLLEGE.

Today a College degree is the equivilant to a highschool diploma. You need one to get anywhere in life. Would you rather hang out with sorority girls or with sweaty soilders? It sounds like youre just lazy man. Get up go to your classes. You need to find your nitch. Youre not wasting money trust me. Mid way through college everyone has doubts. If you stick with it youll be happy you did. And besides going into the army isnt going to make things better you'll have to work 100 times harder and deal with 1000 times more bull****.

It helps but trust me its not needed.

You should try the Marines instead.

You actually need a brain in the Army.

Muscles

Are

Required

Inteligence

Not

Essential

Oh well...

Give BoomBoom back his password.

Listen, do me a favor.

Stay in school.

I do not need any more dumbasses to deal with my last few years in the Army. Be thankful your parents are paying for your school. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and grow the F up.

You think you hate college? Try getting blow up with an IED. I have a reminder every waking second from the ringing in my ears. Try getting shot at. Try having to pack your friends belongings to be shipped home to his parents. Bagging his blood soaked Individual Ballistic Armor and realize his last moments on this Earth were painful and horrific. Try seeing another friend with his face about torn off and remember he has a wife and two small children that will never see or talk to Dad again.

Stay in college you f'ing jackass.

Listen, do me a favor.

Stay in school.

I do not need any more dumbasses to deal with my last few years in the Army. Be thankful your parents are paying for your school. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and grow the F up.

You think you hate college? Try getting blow up with an IED. I have a reminder every waking second from the ringing in my ears. Try getting shot at. Try having to pack your friends belongings to be shipped home to his parents. Bagging his blood soaked Individual Ballistic Armor and realize his last moments on this Earth were painful and horrific. Try seeing another friend with his face about torn off and remember he has a wife and two small children that will never see or talk to Dad again.

Stay in college you f'ing jackass.

I hope this does not fall on deaf ears.

Go to Blockbuster and rent the following:

-Saving Private Ryan: Watch the first 45 minutes. The rest is irrelevant.

-Band of Brothers: Normandy is I think episode 3. Watch that and anything beyond.

After that you'll know what the REAL infantry is like. Armed with that knowledge, I recommend the Air Force.

By the way, I was in the Navy 6yrs. The above advice may be strange, but it's sincere.

Oh well...

I can just see you getting a grenade, and throwing the pin at the target, and standing there wondering why everyone else is running like f**k away from you.....

Unless I felt I would be truly fighting for the nation, I would not join the Armed Forces. I respect those that do join, and I am angered that those who signed up to be the National Guard are overseas dying for other reasons than national security in Iraq. If you feel that you really want to do it, go for it, no one can truly stop you, but go for the deep rooted reasons, not on an impulse, because then, you would be left where you truly don't want to be, and under actual fire. I have the feeling that this is just BoomBoom crap, and if it is along the lines of the need to learn to rollerskate, then just spare everyone of yourself, the Armed Forces included, and become a toll booth operator.

Unless I felt I would be truly fighting for the nation, I would not join the Armed Forces. I respect those that do join, and I am angered that those who signed up to be the National Guard are overseas dying for other reasons than national security in Iraq. If you feel that you really want to do it, go for it, no one can truly stop you, but go for the deep rooted reasons, not on an impulse, because then, you would be left where you truly don't want to be, and under actual fire. I have the feeling that this is just BoomBoom crap, and if it is along the lines of the need to learn to rollerskate, then just spare everyone of yourself, the Armed Forces included, and become a toll booth operator.

100 mile tailbacks will become an everyday occurrence were that to happen....

Surely there is some menial labor job he can qualify for.port-a-john.gif Speaking of soldiers, CRANK DAT ****!

Ahhh....the memories. :pooh::pooh::pooh::pooh::pooh::pooh:

Run stuffing BoomBoom picture sitting in one of those that has not been emptied in a week, it is a nice 130+ degree July afternoon and you have diarrhea. You wish the 100s of flies swarming around you and tickling your bungle hole would just kill you immediately as you sweat profusely.

dude you wouldnt be giving up your life for your country youd be giving up your life for nothing.

get a reALITY check. this isnt ww2. go take some time off and travel or go to the peace corps and see the world or find a g/f

Come on man, do I have to point out everything wrong with what you just said? This thread is going to get locked because of your ignorant statement. Giving up their life for nothing? Are you kidding? Have the balls to say that to a dead soldiers family instead of being a coward on a message board by typing it. Soulless, gutless, shameless, among many other things could be said about people like you. Even if I thought that, I would never say it. I'm going to Iraq in February and I'm leaving my beautiful 3 year old son. If I come home in a body bag, please inform my family of what you think of my dead corpse, ok good buddy. I'll PM you my phone number and address.

I might not agree with the war either, however I still have a job to do when called upon. People that say things like this....well, ...I'm just going to stop here, its not worth it.

Archived