Nebraska can't get much worse

Alk

and to think Neb. just gave him a big extension.

Hopefully that doesn't mean they still can't fire him. I kind of viewed it as a vote of confidence in hopes that it would help him turn things around. Turns out it backfired. This team will be lucky to win another game this season and I am dead serious.

Hopefully that doesn't mean they still can't fire him. I kind of viewed it as a vote of confidence in hopes that it would help him turn things around. Turns out it backfired. This team will be lucky to win another game this season and I am dead serious.

Reassign.

Move him to a place in the athletic department and get a real coach. One, that will embrace a spread type offense. Given the Huskers history of an option based offense and trying to embrace the present, a spread offense with an athletic QB would seem natural.

I havent really followed NU this season, but it sucks if he isnt good and they gave him an extension. That is exactly what the fat, dumb AD at Miami did with Coker a couple of years ago.

It really depends on what the buyout is as far as when and whether they can his ass. You should be hoping his buyout isnt too high, but his agent probably put something in there to cover him in the event...

Reassign.

Move him to a place in the athletic department and get a real coach. One, that will embrace a spread type offense. Given the Huskers history of an option based offense and trying to embrace the present, a spread offense with an athletic QB would seem natural.

That is a very good idea actually. Callahan has been an incredible recruiter. It just doesn't seem like he can do anything with the talent that he brings in.

I havent really followed NU this season, but it sucks if he isnt good and they gave him an extension. That is exactly what the fat, dumb AD at Miami did with Coker a couple of years ago.

It really depends on what the buyout is as far as when and whether they can his ass. You should be hoping his buyout isnt too high, but his agent probably put something in there to cover him in the event...

It's just depressing to watch. Any old backyard style offense can just decimate our defense. It wasn't too long ago that the Blackshirts would have taken such razzle dazzle nonsense and buried it. At the very least the DC should be fired like 5 minutes ago.

Actually the Patriots drafted Christian Peter. I don't remember him being a perv, I just thought he beat the $hit out of his girlfriend. Big difference ya know. :lol:

Ahh yes, i found this:

In the fifth round of the 1996 NFL draft, the Patriots picked Nebraska defensive lineman Christian Peter, who had been arrested eight times (and convicted four times) during college for a variety of offenses, including the assault of a former Miss Nebraska and the rape of another woman

Ahh yes, i found this:

In the fifth round of the 1996 NFL draft, the Patriots picked Nebraska defensive lineman Christian Peter, who had been arrested eight times (and convicted four times) during college for a variety of offenses, including the assault of a former Miss Nebraska and the rape of another woman

Rumor has it that Mrs. Kraft was none too pleased that the Patriots drafted this guy.

Well it has begun. Say goodbye to the AD. Is Callahan far behind?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3064861

Pederson fired; Nebraska chancellor cites lack of football progress

Associated Press

Updated: October 15, 2007, 5:05 PM ET

OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson was fired Monday, two days after the school's once-mighty football team was rocked with its worst home loss in nearly a half-century.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3064861

Pederson fired; Nebraska chancellor cites lack of football progress

Associated Press

Updated: October 15, 2007, 5:05 PM ET

OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson was fired Monday, two days after the school's once-mighty football team was rocked with its worst home loss in nearly a half-century.

The only answer is Tom Osborne. End of story.

Boy did I call it or what!! Tom Osborne has been named the interim AD. Interim my a$$. If Tom had no intention of being here for the long haul he wouldn't have taken this job to begin with. GO BIG RED!!

Yes, you did.

It's hard to believe that five years ago the Huskers and Canes were playing in the NC game.

Here' to getting back there ASAP.

:cheers:

Lots of these teams (schools) go in cycles. Right now Bama, the U and Nebraska are on a down cycle. That's do to change within the next year or 2. Seriously do you think that South Florida with be in the top 10 the next 3 years?

So is FSU: "For the first time in 30 years, FSU and UM will be unranked for their matchup."

SoFlaU is up and coming, and has taken a bunch of recruits that were rejected by Fla St., UF and miami, mostly for academic reasons. If you ignore academic standards, it opens up another layer of recruits.

This pretty much sums up Husker football right now...

Herbie.jpg

But things will get better. I don't know why but I really like Callahan. I was really harsh on him earlier but I think his coaching staff just needs to be gutted.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Osborne had a senior moment this week. When asked about the program's future he said "that will be up to the new coaching staff." OOPS!! I thought you were going to give this staff the rest of the season before making a decision. :lol:

Well Osborne had a senior moment this week. When asked about the program's future he said "that will be up to the new coaching staff." OOPS!! I thought you were going to give this staff the rest of the season before making a decision. :lol:

my college team, husson (d-3) would beat nebraska

Kansas took out years of frustation yesterday -payback time.

Yep, payback is a b1tch. Every dog has his day, and the Cheaters will get theirs someday, too.

Some of the NU-KU scores over the past fifteen years:

45-7

51-7

56-17

41-0

35-0

63-7

41-3

49-7

Archived