Nebraska can't get much worse

Alk

Yep, payback is a b1tch. Every dog has his day, and the Cheaters will get theirs someday, too.

Some of the NU-KU scores over the past fifteen years:

45-7

51-7

56-17

41-0

35-0

63-7

41-3

49-7

Oddly enough, I was actually happy for Kansas. Nebraska had nothing to gain by winning that game yesterday. Callahan is gone win or lose. But now KU is in the top 5. What I wouldn't give to be living in Lawrence now. That place has to be a madhouse.

Oddly enough, I was actually happy for Kansas. Nebraska had nothing to gain by winning that game yesterday. Callahan is gone win or lose. But now KU is in the top 5. What I wouldn't give to be living in Lawrence now. That place has to be a madhouse.

Well, you like KU and hate KSU, right?

Who do you see in the Big 12 Champ game?

Well, you like KU and hate KSU, right?

Who do you see in the Big 12 Champ game?

Right now it's going to be Oklahoma and KU/Mizzou. That's going to be a tough matchup. Two very good offenses with suspect defenses. I'm afraid while losing, Nebraska managed to expose some huge weaknesses in that KU defense.

The Huskers lost one of their greatest fans last night. My grandfather passed away after a long battle. He was responsible for bringing me up a Husker fan even though I grew up in Kansas. I always hoped that they could get things turned around before he passed but it just didn't happen. RIP grandpa and GO BIG RED!!

The Huskers lost one of their greatest fans last night. My grandfather passed away after a long battle. He was responsible for bringing me up a Husker fan even though I grew up in Kansas. I always hoped that they could get things turned around before he passed but it just didn't happen. RIP grandpa and GO BIG RED!!

Sorry about the loss of your grandfather Alk.

sorry for your loss, buddy.

Sorry to hear it, Alk.

r.i.p.

--------------------------

Even if he's shown the money, Callahan says he won't resign

By ERIC OLSON, AP Sports Writer

November 6, 2007

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) -- If Nebraska interim athletic director Tom Osborne wants Bill Callahan out as football coach, he'll probably have to fire him.

Callahan said Tuesday he would not resign before the season ends, even if he were offered a buyout worth more than he is entitled to by his contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

"That term 'resignation' is not in our vocabulary," Callahan said.

The Huskers (4-6, 1-5 Big 12) go into Saturday's final home game against Kansas State on their first five-game losing streak since 1958. They've been outscored 226-98 in those five games.

Last week's 76-39 loss at Kansas marked the most points allowed by a Nebraska team and ratcheted up the fans' outcry against Callahan.

Osborne has not asked for a resignation and doesn't plan to, athletic department communications chief Randy York said Tuesday. Osborne has said he'll evaluate Callahan at the end of the season.

So sorry to hear of your grandfathers passing Alk. May he rest in peace. :rip:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a way to end the season. I have kind of had a change of heart although it won't matter to Osborne. Our offense really took off towards the end of the season. If TO were to allow Callahan to keep his job on the conditions that he fire that POS DC, I would be okay with that. That being said, TO is old school and he is going to want someone with Nebraska roots as HC.

What is up with that Nebraska defense or lack of it this year Alk?

Horrible coaching IMO. We have the talent, the DC is just a complete idiot. That all seems to be taken care of this morning as the entire coaching staff has been $hit canned by Osborne. Now for a new HC.

Horrible coaching IMO. We have the talent, the DC is just a complete idiot. That all seems to be taken care of this morning as the entire coaching staff has been $hit canned by Osborne. Now for a new HC.

Keep your freakin Husker hands off UB's Turner Gill. :)

So who would you prefer being brought in as a head coach?

The huskers should bring back the guy they should have originally kept when they fired Solich, Bo Pellini. At least they had a defense back then. Callahan was a fraud, and I'm surprised they kept him that long, even giving him a friggin extension.

That's actually been the talk. He has supposedly been brough in for an interview and Turner Gill is being considered for OC.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived