1 Year

ECURB

Wow!

It's way to premature to be calling out Mangini folks.

No, it's not.

The playcalling is terrible, and worse, predictable. Did anyone else notice that stat that they run 96% of the time RB is 8 yards deep? If CBS knows it, you can bet that every DC in the NFL knows it. Did you see how many Giants jammed the line and blitzed every time a RB was back there? This is bad strategy and coaching.

I noticed that Chad threw a few long passes today. Were the receivers open? No, because we don't have enough speed to beat anyone deep, and everyone knows it. Could we run the ball? No, because not only were they telegraphing the run calls, but we can't stretch the field, so everyone on the defense can play in the box. Did we stop run the run or pressure the passer at all? No, because we persist on playing a defense that is not suited to our personnel. Bad personnel decisions.

We made the playoffs last year because we had a schedule loaded with stiffs, but we all let ourselves believe that Mangini was the next coming of Lombardi, Walsh and Landry rolled into one. Maybe he can develop into that, but he isn't even close to a good HC now. I have to wonder why he gets such a pass from people who were so quick to jump all over Herm (not that I want Herm back either).

Now we're going to play Clemens at some point, and we'll get all giddy about it, but the results aren't going to change, because of the above points. Maybe we'll see if he's good enough, maybe we won't. But any more bad personnel decisions, or if the playcalling does not change, then yes, there will have to be changes made either in the coaching staff or front office.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is easier...this way they don't have to call out Chad and admit they were wrong all along.

This is why it's Mangini's fault Chad is a knob gobbler with the weakest arm in the NFL.

It's Mangini's fault that this scrub has been starting for so long. The fanbase seems to have been sick of him for awhile now. Eli, Cutler, VY, Leinart, Ben Roethlisberger all started their first years in recent history. I bet I'm missing a few QBs there too. It's now his second year, EVEN MORE QBs have started the second year. At this point Magini is really putting his own career on the line if he insists on sticking with Chad. Does anybody really think Griese is a better option than Grossman? Maybe, but not by much, definitely not more than Pennington and Clemens gap.

Let's be clear here....The Chad Pennington die hards...the guys who sucked him off thru the rain ,sleet,skeet or hail have no right to call for anyones head.

You don't have any right to demand anyone be fired when you supported this POS for so long.

so i guess we aren't calling for fan unity anymore smiz?

so i guess we aren't calling for fan unity anymore smiz?

Why? because I said it's hogwash for someone who has blindly supported the weak link to call out someone else and demand they be fired?

That's weak

Ps...I will own your sig and your 4500 Vcash...stop spending it ;)

No, it's not.

The playcalling is terrible, and worse, predictable. Did anyone else notice that stat that they run 96% of the time RB is 8 yards deep? If CBS knows it, you can bet that every DC in the NFL knows it. Did you see how many Giants jammed the line and blitzed every time a RB was back there? This is bad strategy and coaching.

I noticed that Chad threw a few long passes today. Were the receivers open? No, because we don't have enough speed to beat anyone deep, and everyone knows it. Could we run the ball? No, because not only were they telegraphing the run calls, but we can't stretch the field, so everyone on the defense can play in the box. Did we stop run the run or pressure the passer at all? No, because we persist on playing a defense that is not suited to our personnel. Bad personnel decisions.

We made the playoffs last year because we had a schedule loaded with stiffs, but we all let ourselves believe that Mangini was the next coming of Lombardi, Walsh and Landry rolled into one. Maybe he can develop into that, but he isn't even close to a good HC now. I have to wonder why he gets such a pass from people who were so quick to jump all over Herm (not that I want Herm back either).

Now we're going to play Clemens at some point, and we'll get all giddy about it, but the results aren't going to change, because of the above points. Maybe we'll see if he's good enough, maybe we won't. But any more bad personnel decisions, or if the playcalling does not change, then yes, there will have to be changes made either in the coaching staff or front office.

I'm sorry, but this is just silly. You cannot expect a new coach, with a new philosphy to be superbowl bound year two. It's a process.

Look, I know it's a cut-throat industry, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Three years is what the current standards give new coaches, and that can even be viewed as unfair. People expect immediate turn-around, but it doesn't happen that way. Changing coaches everying three years is the worst thing for a franchise. Yet here are some fans, calling for a change just a mere 1 year and 1/4 into his tenure. Friggin' ridiculous if you ask me.

Why? because I said it's hogwash for someone who has blindly supported the weak link to call out someone else and demand they be fired?

That's weak

Ps...I will own your sig and your 4500 Vcash...stop spending it ;)

I am gonna lay it all on max in that running bet!

It's Mangini's fault that this scrub has been starting for so long. The fanbase seems to have been sick of him for awhile now. Eli, Cutler, VY, Leinart, Ben Roethlisberger all started their first years in recent history. I bet I'm missing a few QBs there too. It's now his second year, EVEN MORE QBs have started the second year. At this point Magini is really putting his own career on the line if he insists on sticking with Chad. Does anybody really think Griese is a better option than Grossman? Maybe, but not by much, definitely not more than Pennington and Clemens gap.

Yeah, but the scrub gave him a 10-6 record last year.

Look, Mangini is not stupid. Throwing Clemons in before his time would have been disatrous for both Clemons and Mangini. Clemons now has a year under his belt, I'm sure Mangini and the coaching staff have him better prepared to take over at any point this year than last.

You folks who wanted to send Clemons to the wolves last year don't seem to get that it was in Clemons best interest to wait and learn.

Yeah, but the scrub gave him a 10-6 record last year.

Look, Mangini is not stupid. Throwing Clemons in before his time would have been disatrous for both Clemons and Mangini. Clemons now has a year under his belt, I'm sure Mangini and the coaching staff have him better prepared to take over at any point this year than last.

You folks who wanted to send Clemons to the wolves last year don't seem to get that it was in Clemons best interest to wait and learn.

Pennington did not "give" us a 10-6 record, the Jets got to that in spite of him. Clemens had just as much of a chance at hitting that record himself. Warner had the Giants playoff bound but Coughlin had the balls to bench him for Eli anyway. Say what you will about Eli and Coughlin but they built for the future, and guess what, they've made the playoffs the past 2 years and just beat the snot out of us, so obviously they're doing better than we are. Didn't they finish around our record last year too? Everyone says Eli sucks so much but I always thought he brought more to the table than Chad 17 TD 16 INT Pennington.

Let's be clear here....The Chad Pennington die hards...the guys who sucked him off thru the rain ,sleet,skeet or hail have no right to call for anyones head.

You don't have any right to demand anyone be fired when you supported this POS for so long.

Chad is a POS? Come on man. That is classless. Just classless. Seriously. You can make the case that isn't the best option they have at QB. I already made that case earlier as well.

But to call a man who gave his career for this franchise a POS is weak if you ask me. And because someone supported Chad, they have now lost their rights to think others may need to go.

Wow. I didn't realize we had one shot at all this. That's a lot of pressure.

Our playcalling today was beyond awful. Whether It was Mangini, Schotty or Penny it was bad.

We played like a pile of pussies, we just suck in general.

Execution is a large part of it.

That is unless they have a play named:

Underthrown fade into double coverage on the one yard line.

If that is a play then the problem should be easy to correct, stop calling it. Otherwise I defer back to my execution point.

:cheers:

Wow!

It's way to premature to be calling out Mangini folks.

I am pretty sure that Ecurb is joking here. No way anyone believes this. Eric has a lot to prove, there are certainly concerns. But he could lose every game the rest of the way and come back next year.

Thank you Max.

Even if Chad plays badly its not through lack of effort. he gives 110% percent every time he plays for us, he is an incredibly classy guy and if he does indeed 'suck' blame mangini for playing him.

I will always root for Chad, even if its elsewhere I will root for him.

Chad is a POS? Come on man. That is classless. Just classless. Seriously. You can make the case that isn't the best option they have at QB. I already made that case earlier as well.

But to call a man who gave his career for this franchise a POS is weak if you ask me. And because someone supported Chad, they have now lost their rights to think others may need to go.

Wow. I didn't realize we had one shot at all this. That's a lot of pressure.

So I'm classless for calling him a POS QB? I gave my career to this website ...to call me classless after all i did for you guys!! Thats weak sauce...almost as weak as Chad's right arm and his ability to lead us to a victory!!

Seriously....I'm not saying he is a punch a baby in the face type POS...I'm saying he is junk on the field. I'm sorry If I have no emotional attachment to him. I have been saying for yrs he sucks and needs to go.

and I think it's funny for Chad fans to call for the head of Mangini after they supported Herm and Chad without question for so long. That is my point.

Pennington did not "give" us a 10-6 record, the Jets got to that in spite of him. Clemens had just as much of a chance at hitting that record himself. Warner had the Giants playoff bound but Coughlin had the balls to bench him for Eli anyway. Say what you will about Eli and Coughlin but they built for the future, and guess what, they've made the playoffs the past 2 years and just beat the snot out of us, so obviously they're doing better than we are. Didn't they finish around our record last year too? Everyone says Eli sucks so much but I always thought he brought more to the table than Chad 17 TD 16 INT Pennington.

Eli is terrible! Just terrible. Maybe because he was thrown in to early. ;)

Maybe Clemons could have led the Jets to 10-6 last year as well. I'll give you that. But the most important thing here is the guy has a year under his belt. He's most likely more prepared now than last year to take over the reigns.

Last years team wasn't Superbowl quality either, but I can't blame Mangini for rolling the dice and taking his chances with Pennington over Clemons. He came close, as we were at least in the playoffs. Pennington does have some qualities that are admirable. I can totally understand why Mangini chose Pennington over a rookie last year. His decision is now much more difficult. Well, maybe not now, but it was week 1.

So I'm classless for calling him a POS QB? I gave my career to this website ...to call me classless after all i did for you guys!! Thats weak sauce...almost as weak as Chad's right arm and his ability to lead us to a victory!!

Seriously....I'm not saying he will punch a baby in the face type POS...I'm saying he is junk on the field. I'm sorry If I have no emotional attachment to him. I have been saying for yrs he sucks and needs to go.

and I think it's funny for Chad fans to call for the head of Mangini after they supported Herm and Chad without question for so long. That is my point.

Come on dude...this is what fans do. These are the same fans that wanted the head of Vinny Testaverde on a pole and replaced by Pennington. This is the way it works in sports. Watch, when Clemens stinks up the joint (and he will), watch the feeding frenzy.

I will still stand by prediction that our QB of the future isn't on the roster yet.

I'm sorry, but this is just silly. You cannot expect a new coach, with a new philosphy to be superbowl bound year two. It's a process.

Look, I know it's a cut-throat industry, but it's getting a bit ridiculous. Three years is what the current standards give new coaches, and that can even be viewed as unfair. People expect immediate turn-around, but it doesn't happen that way. Changing coaches everying three years is the worst thing for a franchise. Yet here are some fans, calling for a change just a mere 1 year and 1/4 into his tenure. Friggin' ridiculous if you ask me.

Who said anything about a super bowl?

When a coach/gm repeats bad personnel decisions, they should expect to be called out. Remember Anthony Schlegel? Yeah, neither do I. Remember our lack of deep threats? They're still there. Our lousy pass rush? Our inability to stop the run? They are all still here.

How about not being able to recognize your own tendencies and telegraphing plays to the other team? How about a passing game that has the depth of a venetian blind? The defense has seemingly forgotten how to tackle. Are these things we should be happy about?

I didn't expect to have a great record this year. And I'm not calling for Mangini to be fired. But I do expect a bit of improvement, a bit of professionalism, and a little more than "we just have to work harder". I expect that our coach should be working to make the current players successful, not throw them over in the name of a system that is not working right now and may not work in the future. And I expect some playcalling that can at least strike at an opponent's weaknesses, not the same old crap plays they call every week.

BTW, if we can't criticize him now, when can we? Third year? Do we have to wait until 5 losing seasons? I'm too old and been a Jet fan too long. I'm sick of being told to be patient. I've been patient since 1970, and I'm a little tired of it.

And I do agree with Smizzy, Woody doesn't give a flying f*** about winning as long as he has his plaything.

Seriously....I'm not saying he will punch a baby in the face type POS...I'm saying he is junk on the field. I'm sorry If I have no emotional attachment to him. I have been saying for yrs he sucks and needs to go.

My point is calling a player a POS is weak when the player has done nothing but gone out on the field and played with pain and through injuries.

If Chad sucks as bad as YOU say he does -- then Ecurb has a point with this thread. Because accoring to YOU, Chad should not be playing. He is terrible. If Mangini can't see this, why is he coaching this team? YOU make it sound like it is a no-brainer to never play Chad again.

Now as you know I said last year that I wanted to see Kellen get some time. I said so again today. They are 1 and 4. There is nothing more to see here. There are plenty of things wrong with this team. As they look towards the future and try to fix them, I definitely feel it is time to learn a little bit about Kellen.

I just choose to not trash a player who gave his right arm to this franchise. No, I applaud a player like that. Give me a roster of guys with Chad's heart and this franchise would be much better off. Heart alone doesn't win it -- I get that. But what do I know, I am just a POS Webmaster.

So what is your post about? Why would you call me out?

Wasn't so much calling you out, and i never considered myself to be a chad diehard, but it was kinda funny and a little contradictory that when it seems by most that the change is eminent you are talking about those that sucked off chad and POS this and that when at one time you said at the end of the day we are all fans and should get behind the team and the guy on the field. Now it isn't lost on me thatthis post was made when Clemens was slated to start. IF you are serious about fan unity then referring those that rooted for one of OUR team members as "sucking him off" may not be so good for that unity.

Like I have said ALL along, i am not chad fan or hater, i will root for Clemens just as hard, so I don't take any personal offense and like i said i wasn't calling you out per se but just looking out for the betterment of the board. Dividing people whether intentional or not, based on their affiliation with members of the team at a time like this won't do much but aggrivate a lot of people. And as i said in the beginning, i wasn't calling you out, everyone here busts balls smiz, you know the ropes better than anyone here.

I can totally understand why Mangini chose Pennington over a rookie last year. His decision is now much more difficult. Well, maybe not now, but it was week 1.

Agreed, it was a no-brainer starting CP last year. And it was the right move to start him this season in the opener against New England.

This is easier...this way they don't have to call out Chad and admit they were wrong all along.

And that is why this post ^ is so wrong, and smacks of self-satisfaction.

If the CS thought they could duplicate last year's record or do better this year with 20 of 22 of the same starters, I completely understand that.

But after the last two games, it is clear that what they accomplished last year is not going to replicate itself. Pennington had his shot at it this year, and hasnt gotten it done. Time for mangini to realize that and make his next move.

My point is calling a player a POS is weak when the player has done nothing but gone out on the field and played with pain and through injuries.

If Chad sucks as bad as YOU say he does -- then Ecurb has a point with this thread. Because accoring to YOU, Chad should not be playing. He is terrible. If Mangini can't see this, why is he coaching this team? YOU make it sound like it is a no-brainer to never play Chad again.

Now as you know I said last year that I wanted to see Kellen get some time. I said so again today. They are 1 and 4. There is nothing more to see here. There are plenty of things wrong with this team. As they look towards the future and try to fix them, I definitely feel it is time to learn a little bit about Kellen.

I just choose to not trash a player who gave his right arm to this franchise. No, I applaud a player like that. Give me a roster of guys with Chad's heart and this franchise would be much better off. Heart alone doesn't win it -- I get that. But what do I know, I am just a POS Webmaster.

It's weak to call a NYJ a POS but you have no problem calling me classless infront of everyone?

It's weak to call a NYJ a POS but you have no problem calling me classless infront of everyone?

I didn't take what he said to you as calling you classless, just that a comment you made was classless. Max doesn't need me to explain what he says, but once i posted a pic that he took down and said was classless, i knew he wasn't saying i was. Don't sweat it fozzy;)

don't forget to give yourself another infraction...

Bro my suggestion to you would be to sleep this one off.

I believe it is classless to type that Chad is a piece of ****. Call me old fashioned. Turn it around if you want and make this about me calling you out. Okay. Whatever works.

I just don't agree with the sentiment that Chad is the devil because he had a bad day(s) on the field.

I didn't take what he said to you as calling you classless, just that a comment you made was classless. Max doesn't need me to explain what he says, but once i posted a pic that he took down and said was classless, i knew he wasn't saying i was. Don't sweat it fozzy;)

Thanks for the clarification. I think you nailed it actually. Except the part about me not calling you classless. If that is the impression you got I apologize.

I meant to have you walk away with the realization that I think you are classless. LOL.

I believe it is classless to type that Chad is a piece of ****. Call me old fashioned. Turn it around if you want and make this about me calling you out. Okay. Whatever works.

I just don't agree with the sentiment that Chad is the devil because he had a bad day(s) on the field.

Chad is no devil, but believe me man, nobody here wishes he was more then me, somehow the thought of chad pennington being my eternal tormentor is much more comforting (we know he probably hits like a woman with that weak ass arm!) then what I am sure is in store for me.

Thanks for the clarification. I think you nailed it actually. Except the part about me not calling you classless. If that is the impression you got I apologize.

I meant to have you walk away with the realization that I think you are classless. LOL.

Boy i didn't see that joke flying down broadway in a yellow cab!

Ok...

I just don't agree that coming back from an injury makes you more or less special than someone else with the same lousy stats. So...I'm calling his play ****ty. Not attacking his character...not saying his play means anything about the man he is.

The problem is, there are a lot of frustrated Jets fans out there. And some think by replacing one guy, that it's going to fix this train wreck...it won't. It may be a start, but we have so many holes.

On a lighter side, things could be worse. We could be the Miami Dolphins...LOL...and my predictions of Cameron and Ginn as being busts are spot on so far. Cameron has the worst record of any Dolphins HC to start off the season... and Ginn has been almost a non factor...it's great living in Dolphin land right now.

Who said anything about a super bowl?

When a coach/gm repeats bad personnel decisions, they should expect to be called out. Remember Anthony Schlegel? Yeah, neither do I. Remember our lack of deep threats? They're still there. Our lousy pass rush? Our inability to stop the run? They are all still here.

How about not being able to recognize your own tendencies and telegraphing plays to the other team? How about a passing game that has the depth of a venetian blind? The defense has seemingly forgotten how to tackle. Are these things we should be happy about?

I didn't expect to have a great record this year. And I'm not calling for Mangini to be fired. But I do expect a bit of improvement, a bit of professionalism, and a little more than "we just have to work harder". I expect that our coach should be working to make the current players successful, not throw them over in the name of a system that is not working right now and may not work in the future. And I expect some playcalling that can at least strike at an opponent's weaknesses, not the same old crap plays they call every week.

BTW, if we can't criticize him now, when can we? Third year? Do we have to wait until 5 losing seasons? I'm too old and been a Jet fan too long. I'm sick of being told to be patient. I've been patient since 1970, and I'm a little tired of it.

And I do agree with Smizzy, Woody doesn't give a flying f*** about winning as long as he has his plaything.

You're right, you weren't calling for a superbowl this year, and I apologize if you think I was "calling you out" or whatever. And I'm glad that you're not calling for the firing of Mangini.

Yes, you are more than entitled to voice your concern in our coaching staff, but I do not agree with it. I think it is way premature. It's been 1 and 1/4 years. I personnaly will wait until at least next season to judge the product he puts forth. That's all.

P.S. I'm fairly old too. And my husband claims I'm not very patient either. ;)

Archived