****The Official YANKS VS. INDIANS Game 4 thread****

gangreenman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh -- I had hoped the Yankees could squeeze it out this year. The pitching isn't there yet. It isn't far away but it's not there right now.

The Indians played well and the manager didn't listen to popular opinion. Good luck to them.

If he wants to come back, he will be back. I believe this.

I'd like to think this. I think he's a decent man. But considering both your owner and your fellow fans are "win a WS or face the Gullotine" every year I'm going to be surprised if he comes back.

I'd like to think this. I think he's a decent man. But considering both your owner and your fellow fans are "win a WS or face the Gullotine" every year I'm going to be surprised if he comes back.

There are going to be a lot of players that pull more weight than normal. What if AROD says he is coming back only if Torre does? What if Mo says that?

It's possible. I think George didn't even make that statement. Sadly I fear he isn't doing that well right now and that it was made for him.

With the organization undergoing a transition of sorts, I don't see them making a move. Torre is a known quantity. Would the Yankees risk not making the playoffs in the last year of the stadium? I don't think the have the balls, that would be bad.

What do the Yankees need? This rotation to get a year older:

Petite

Wang

Chamerlain

Hughes

Kennedy

Find a new 8th inning guy. Get rid of Giambi and figure out what you want to do at 1B. Pray ARod doesn't opt out.

Sign Mo. Talk to Posada about possibly playing some Catcher along with 1B and count down the time to pitchers and catchers.

This year actually ended on a much better note than last year did. The franchise is headed in the right direction. I hope they don't change the course right now. I don't think they will.

There are going to be a lot of players that pull more weight than normal. What if AROD says he is coming back only if Torre does? What if Mo says that?

It's possible. I think George didn't even make that statement. Sadly I fear he isn't doing that well right now and that it was made for him.

With the organization undergoing a transition of sorts, I don't see them making a move. Torre is a known quantity. Would the Yankees risk not making the playoffs in the last year of the stadium? I don't think the have the balls, that would be bad.

Petite

Wang

Chamerlain

Hughes

Kennedy

Find a new 8th inning guy. Get rid of Giambi and figure out what you want to do at 1B. Pray ARod doesn't opt out.

Sign Mo. Talk to Posada about possibly playing some Catcher along with 1B and count down the time to pitchers and catchers.

This year actually ended on a much better note than last year did. The franchise is headed in the right direction. I hope they don't change the course right now. I don't think they will.

I'd like to see Joba as our middle reliever . :Loveheart:

Whoever manages next year, our young pitching staff gives us good reason to hope for a successful season. It'll be interesting to see what they do with some of the older guys.

I sure would like to have Arod back.

Whoever manages next year, our young pitching staff gives us good reason to hope for a successful season. It'll be interesting to see what they do with some of the older guys.

I sure would like to have Arod back.

Yes, but guys like Giambi need to go somewhere else. He may have a huge year with another team, but we need to go in a different direction.

I'd like to see Joba as our middle reliever . :Loveheart:

I would be tempted to keep it that way. Everything they say though indicates otherwise. He is a 4 pitch guy so they want him in the rotation. He would be a nice replacement for Mo down the line.

There are multiple right answers with him. If they keep him healthy, he looks like he will be good no matter what they have him do.

Petite

Wang

Chamerlain

Hughes

Kennedy

While this will be a very interesting off season, the fact that the Yanks have Hughes-Joba and Kennedy to go along with Wang who will have better post seasons than this ensures a bright future barring injuries.

Cano is awesome as well and his ceiling is unlimited as long as he stays focused. The biggest question for George and Cash is do you rebuild or reload a younger line-up to grow along with that staff? I can see those kids winning 15 games right out of the gate so it's a tough decision.

I imagine Jeter-Cano and Melky would be unquestioned keepers.

Jorge-Mo will depend a lot on what happens to Joe.

Damon and Giambi probably are untradeable though Johhny did well in the post season.

Clemens is gone......Farnsworth likely as well.......Abreu they should try and restructure the 16 mill option into a 3 year 24 million dollar deal.(I know many will say no but his numbers were there as Madmike said they'd be).

Strangely I think ARod's HR last night keeps him in NY.

Posada will likely stay but Joe's fate will have something to do with his decision. How old is Shoppach?

As for Torre's replacement if it comes to that, I am not sold on Girardi at all and possibly this group needs a Larry Bowa kick in the rear.

Great comeback from April-May to at least get to the post season.

Bottom Line:

Big Time Disappointment with the ending of 2007.

But there were bright spots, and hope for the future. Hughes, Joba and Kennedy look like future rocks towards a young, solid rotation. Add in Wang and Petitte and the starters are set. Pen needs work. Lineup is still solid, especially if A-Rod returns. Settle on 1 guy for 1B, and keep Molina and Betemit as part of your bench. Re-sign Mo and Jorge.

And Joe returns as Manager.

My views on Joe:

The 96-2001 teams could have managed themselves. They were a groupof players that knew what to do. The only decision Joe had to make was who comes in first Stanton/Nelson.

2002-present:

The line up is the same way, they seem to get the job done(most of the time). The Bullpen is not the same, Torre has to mix and match his pople, only trusts 2 guys and works them to death. He needs to learn these people are MLB'ers and are there for a reason. They canpitch, use them and stop overworking people.

If he can learn that, he can stay, if not, it will be the same thing. The pen isnt lights out anymore.

Let's be honest, given how the nyy started the season, to make the playoffs was incredible. But the yanks simply were not that good this year and the Cleveland Indians are. The right 2 teams are in the ALCS, imo. It will be a fascinating off-season for the yanks. It will keep the sports media plenty to talk about.

Archived