3.5 observations "heard" on Sunday

Jeru

I hardly ever post - but...

I can only listen to games on Field Pass from NFL.com (Sopcast is too fast for my ADSL or my computer is too weak - probably a combo...) - so I don't see the games - just listen like in the old days (been a Jet fan since they drafted Joe Willie)...

But here goes nothing...

1) No one will ever jump offsides on a 4th and inches - if you don't actually try to get the 1st at least once !!

2) Nobody will ever be fooled by Brad Smith option's until he actually throws the ball once !!!

3) I think Chad was a top flight QB (heart - brains - guts) - but without an arm - it hurts the entire offense (7-9 men in the box kills any chance of a running game) - I'd love to see KC just to stretch the field ... if he's the future - start now...

To prove my point - listen to a replay of the game (radio) and see how many times the words "floater" and "jump ball" were used.... A floater should only be used in describing Steve Hamilton's Folly Floater and a JB - should only be used to in the same sentence with Willis and Wilt...

Now that I got that off my chest .... I feel so much better....

:Typotux:

the brad smith gadget plays and all of the fancy qb sneaks are a total waste at this point. you could see the dejection on pennington's face when schott called the b smith sneak on 3rd and 2.

if the coaches think chadwick gives them the best chance to win they should at least give him a chance and not hand-cuff him with the playcalling and gadgets plays on 3rd down.

I hardly ever post - but...

I can only listen to games on Field Pass from NFL.com (Sopcast is too fast for my ADSL or my computer is too weak - probably a combo...) - so I don't see the games - just listen like in the old days (been a Jet fan since they drafted Joe Willie)...

But here goes nothing...

1) No one will ever jump offsides on a 4th and inches - if you don't actually try to get the 1st at least once !!

2) Nobody will ever be fooled by Brad Smith option's until he actually throws the ball once !!!

3) I think Chad was a top flight QB (heart - brains - guts) - but without an arm - it hurts the entire offense (7-9 men in the box kills any chance of a running game) - I'd love to see KC just to stretch the field ... if he's the future - start now...

To prove my point - listen to a replay of the game (radio) and see how many times the words "floater" and "jump ball" were used.... A floater should only be used in describing Steve Hamilton's Folly Floater and a JB - should only be used to in the same sentence with Willis and Wilt...

Now that I got that off my chest .... I feel so much better....

You should post more often. Everything is spot on. And young Shotty should get more criticism. There are lots of things about the offense that seem incomplete. And least it looks like they gave up on that ridiculous screen pass to the WRs that never fooled anyone last year.

You should post more often. Everything is spot on. And young Shotty should get more criticism. There are lots of things about the offense that seem incomplete. And least it looks like they gave up on that ridiculous screen pass to the WRs that never fooled anyone last year.

and again, I agree with everything DM posts here but as for the Schott criticism-yes...to an extent...he's also being limited by what Chad can and can NOT do...Chad needs to be gone

I miss post patterns the kind he (Clemens) showed us he was perfectly capable of throwing-even that stupid WR screen CAN work-Brady does it all the time with success because the DB's have to respect the possibility of being burned on a Fly pattern which is a throw that NOBODY believes Chad Pennington can make any more...the 15 yard offense isn't working-I hope Mangini finally realizes it

Agreed - or Spot ON - as DM likes to say (reminds me of Wax ON / Wax OFF from Karate Kid 1). The league has learned to move up on the line - and challenge CP to throw ... it kills the options, screens and running game. You need an arm to keep 'em honest.

And 1 more observation...I don't think the defense is that much worse than last year - Kenyon > Kimo .... Revis > Poteat et al...but the teams are ready for Rhodes' blitzing and Thomas is being held in check.

But an even more important difference...the defense is always on the field !!!!

Take Sunday - 2 "almost" scoring drives the whole game (including the missed field goal)...but besides that ... they give up a TD ; LW goes coast-to-coast ; defense is on again....Rhodes creates the fumble ; defense is on again...they're not getting any breathers !!

Enough rambling...

Hey Jeru. Loved that Steve Hamilton reference. That was a loooooooooooooong time

ago.

In those days - it was the only thing we got excited about !!!

Unless you wanna count...

1) Kekich and Peterson swapping wives

2) Lindy Mcdaniel winning both games in a double-header

3) Horace Clarke breaking up another no-hitter in the 9th

In those days - it was the only thing we got excited about !!!

Unless you wanna count...

1) Kekich and Peterson swapping wives

2) Lindy Mcdaniel winning both games in a double-header

3) Horace Clarke breaking up another no-hitter in the 9th

Cut it out. You're bringing a tear to my eye. LOL

Archived