Michael Bennet is faster than Curtis Martin. By Alot.

TomShane

From PFT:

Vikings RB Michael Bennett ran a 9.91 in the 100 meters during the offseason, which would have been good for a fifth-place finish at the Olympics (where we think that the hierarchy of awards is gold, silver, bronze, copper, and Whizzinator).

Interestingly, he was racing Curtis Martin. We will update Curtis's time as soon as he finishes.

Bennett is the fastest running back in the league. Not only is he faster than Curtis Martin, he's probably faster than every player on the Jets' roster.

However, Bennett is a walking vagina. His speed really is nullified because he plays in 6 games a year.

While Martin is "slow" for a small running back, I think overall our team speed on offense is very good

we have a very fast tight end, coles at WR who while he may not play at a 4.19 he's definetly a great downfield threat who splits safetys very well and McCareins was a great downfield target in tennessee

Oh yeah, and Derrick Blaylock ran a 4.3 in the combines I believe, he's very fast. Fastest running back we've had in a while (not counting morton)

it's one thing for a player to run like the wind in shorts, track shoes on a sunny day

it's quite another thing to put that same player into full pads, tape, braces, on a muddy field -

track speed and football speed aren't the same thing. Yes Bennett is faster then alot of players on the track but in full pads he's not deion sanders.

I wasn't saying he was BETTER than Martin. I was saying he's FASTER than Martin.

Don't look now, but the Jets offense has zero team speed.

Jerks.

Jonathan Carter's pretty fast. Wait a minute, does he still play for the Jets? Anyway, we still have Sowell and Chrebet and Martin, and ummm... Can Kevin Mawae catch?

it's one thing for a player to run like the wind in shorts, track shoes on a sunny day

it's quite another thing to put that same player into full pads, tape, braces, on a muddy field -

track speed and football speed aren't the same thing. Yes Bennett is faster then alot of players on the track but in full pads he's not deion sanders.

Bit, who is currently the fastest player in full gear right now? I was having an argument with someone else that it was probably Marvin Harrison. He argued Champ Bailey.

yeh i would have to concur with EB - Randy Moss' football speed is unparalleled. He's just got extra gears that other players don't have. He's the superfreak.

In terms of all time, Deion Sanders and Darrell Green both were blindingly fast in pads.

And now to a stat that actually matters:

Curtis Martin - 4th all time in the NFL in rushing and the NFL rushing champion last season at 31.

Michael Bennett - not even 30 and lost his starting job and is maybe 457 on the all time rushing list.

=D>

And the sky is blue, grass is green, and there's some weird scientific fact for that.

the sky is blue because of water. Grass appears green because all of the colors in the rainbow are absorbed into the leaves of the grass except green.

I wasn't saying he was BETTER than Martin. I was saying he's FASTER than Martin.

Don't look now, but the Jets offense has zero team speed.

Jerks.

If they can run 4 yards before getting tackled every down, thats all the team speed they need. :lol:

Sure, speed is nice to have, but its not the end all be all.

And now to a stat that actually matters:

Curtis Martin - 4th all time in the NFL in rushing and the NFL rushing champion last season at 31.

Michael Bennett - not even 30 and lost his starting job and is maybe 457 on the all time rushing list.

=D>

Umm, no. The only stats that matter are these:

Curtis Martin: 10 seasons, 0 SB rings

2004 postseason: 3.9 ypc, 0 touchdowns

vs. New England (10/24): 20 carries, 70 yards, 0 TD's, 3.5 ypc

vs. New England (12/26): 13 carries, 33 yards, 0 TD's, 2.5 ypc

vs. Pittsburgh (12/12): 24 carries, 72 yards, 0 TD's, 3.0 ypc

vs. Buffalo (10/10): 22 carries, 77 yards, 0 TD's, 3.5 ypc

Longest run all season: 25-yarder (week 1, vs. Cincy)

2004 total carries: 436 (career high)

Thank GOD for Derrick Blaylock, AND that Terry Bradway had the foresight to draft Cedric Houston as well.

Umm, no. The only stats that matters are these:

Thank GOD for Derrick Blaylock, AND that Terry Bradway had the foresight to draft Cedric Houston as well.

Savage... is that you? :lol:

the sky is blue because of water. Grass appears green because all of the colors in the rainbow are absorbed into the leaves of the grass except green.

Didn't I say some scientific crap? But yeah, you're right... honestly, I didn't remember exactly what it was... thanks for the back.

Okay, it's time for "FUN WITH SCIENCE", with your hosts--the members of Jetnation! (none of whom are actually scientists, but many of whom did, in fact pay attention in high-school.)

The bluish hue of the sky is, in fact due to water. More specifically, it is the bending of light through water particles, known as refraction, that bounces light through the atmosphere, absorbing the colors of the rainbow, except for blue, which, due to it's specific frequency, is reflected. As for grass, the cells of the blades act in much the same way as the water particles, though they are more dense, resulting in a more vibrant color. It is not the water in the plant, but Chlorophyl, that acts as the refractor, and absorbs all colors except for...you guessed it, Green! So, to sum up, Green is way better than Blue. Or Red. Or Teal. Tune in next time, when we will discuss Biology, and why Dolphins and Buffalo are all inherently stupid animals.

From PFT:

Interestingly, he was racing Curtis Martin. We will update Curtis's time as soon as he finishes.

That might mean something if Michael Bennett showed any ability to stay healthy.

Seriously, what does that post even mean? I know of no sane person who would be foolish enough to take Michael Bennett over Curtis Martin. Bennett's only been able to stay healthy for a whole year 1 time, and he only had 255 carries. He's only played 19 games in the last 2 years combined and only 14 starts. What a ridiculous post.

That might mean something if Michael Bennett showed any ability to stay healthy.

Seriously, what does that post even mean? I know of no sane person who would be foolish enough to take Michael Bennett over Curtis Martin. Bennett's only been able to stay healthy for a whole year 1 time, and he only had 255 carries. He's only played 19 games in the last 2 years combined and only 14 starts. What a ridiculous post.

Where in his post did he say he'd take Bennett over Martin?

Sheesh, you Martin-ophiles are really touchy on this subject!

I was just showing how meaningless the post was, UNCW. And Martin probably didn't do as well as against some of the best defenses in the league, because, um, they're the best defenses in the league. They don't become the best defenses by giving up 150 rushing yards a game.

I was just showing how meaningless the post was, UNCW. And Martin probably didn't do as well as against some of the best defenses in the league, because, um, they're the best defenses in the league. They don't become the best defenses by giving up 150 rushing yards a game.

It was meaningless. I just wanted to throw the number out that Bennett would have been 5th at the Olympics with his time. Threw the Martin joke in as a funny.

Curtis Martins longest run from scrimmage last year was 25 yards.

Does that make anyone else nervous?

We're not playing Hackett ball this year. Run as many plays as possible with scoring as little of points possible.

Hopefully Blaylock can bust out some big gains.

Where in his post did he say he'd take Bennett over Martin?

Sheesh, you Martin-ophiles are really touchy on this subject!

BTW it's Martinette's and Hermophiles!! Other

then that keep up the good work!! :wink:

Also Sacred Cow and Earn while you Learn

Herm works too! :mrgreen:

Curtis Martins longest run from scrimmage last year was 25 yards.

Does that make anyone else nervous?

We're not playing Hackett ball this year. Run as many plays as possible with scoring as little of points possible.

Hopefully Blaylock can bust out some big gains.

When all your WRs do is catch 5 yard slants, the defense just crashes in closer to the line which makes it harder for a running back to break a long run.

I'd be willing to make a sig/avatar bet that Curtis will definetly have more than 1 run over 25 yards next season, assuming he doesn't go down due to injury.

Umm, no. The only stats that matter are these:

You did leave out all the pointless draw plays on 3rd-&-20 where Martin gained 10+ yds (and we still punted, of course) to pad those ypc #'s.

You did leave out all the pointless draw plays on 3rd-&-20 where Martin gained 10+ yds (and we still punted, of course) to pad those ypc #'s.

If the Jets didn't have 2 overtime Games all this

winning the Rushing title doesn't happen! A 31 yr

old back getting the most carries of his career??

That is more Amazing then the rushing title! A good

OC would have used BOTH backs! But Hackett loved

his guy Martin! That's why you would never see

Jordan get a start when Martin was hurt or the

Jets were out of the playoffs! Pad those Stats

Baby!! =D>

If the Jets didn't have 2 overtime Games all this

winning the Rushing title doesn't happen! A 31 yr

old back getting the most carries of his career??

That is more Amazing then the rushing title! A good

OC would have used BOTH backs! But Hackett loved

his guy Martin! That's why you would never see

Jordan get a start when Martin was hurt or the

Jets were out of the playoffs! Pad those Stats

Baby!! =D>

And the worst part is, Curtis Martin is probably not going to be fresh when the season starts after a beating like that. Nevertheless, if Herm had it his way with the offense, Martin will get the same amount of carries this coming season!

Luckily, Mike Heimerdinger will realize that we DO have other RB's on the roster who can make plays.

Let's keep this simple-anyone expecting any back Martin's age to carry this team over the whole season, or to dominate is just wrong. Expecting a repeat is idiocy.If Martin gets as close to as many carries this year, the Jets will be lucky to win 8 games. Sorry-the numbers don't lie. What Martin did last year at his age was unprecedented in NFL history save John Riggins, who was a freak who practically retired for 2 seasons midcareer, saving significant wear&tear. Martin's had no such break, and his career has been makred by injuries every other year. And look at Eddie George at the end of his Tennesee days for a clue as to what Heimerdinger will do. What Edwards says is practically irrelevant-he has nothing to do with the offense this year, other than the daily running of his always-open mouth.

When all your WRs do is catch 5 yard slants, the defense just crashes in closer to the line which makes it harder for a running back to break a long run.

I'd be willing to make a sig/avatar bet that Curtis will definetly have more than 1 run over 25 yards next season, assuming he doesn't go down due to injury.

EB Martin is the only Back you have known on the

Jets since you were 9 years old! Freeman had his

last good year in 88, were you even Born?? :mrgreen:

Archived