arod-get rid of him i cant bear watching him choke again

damon-big fan hope he stays to come off the bench or a outfield platoon

abreu-take him or leave em

torre-gone but not because hes bad its just time for a change

farnsworth-i pray to god hes gone

mussina-gone

this team should be built around cano, jeter, cabrera, hughes, joba

1 vet with 4 of the most talented youngsters in the leage

i think abreu will be gone definately because they will use that money to pay mo and posada. as for everybody else, I think it depends a lot on what happens with joe torre and what other players are doing. i dont think certain players will come back if they see some other players decide not to come back.

theres no way we let Rivera go without a solid backup

im on the fence about whether rivera will be back or not just based on things that hes said so far. only time will tell but if he does decide to leave i can almost guarantee that joba will be the closer and they will use mo's money to find another starting pitcher

The team's lacked the fire that it once had, and replaced it with "firepower" in the form of bats. Lets bring in some young kids who can make contact and play some small ball, and use the remnants of the 07' team to bring the kids in.

New Manager:

Joey Girardi

Although I think Donny Baseball would be a great fit for the veteran team, he isn't comfortable taking the reigns as a manager yet. La Russa on the other hand is terrible when it comes to the media, so he won't bode well in NY. Girardi is one of Cashman's pets, so that could have a huge role in the decision, and Girardi could struggle in his first year is a better long term manager.

Signings:

Posada

He earned his way, and like it or not he's the best catcher out there. Two more years for this guy.

Pettite

Probably the most important signing of the 07' Yanks. Hopefully Torre leaving, Clemens retiring (again, and again, and again) doesn't make him want to retire himself. Love him or hate him, he's a hell of a pitcher and is one of the few remaining from that dynasty run and could be a great locker room presence. The rotation would make me feel a little easier with Wang, Pettite and Hughes at the top 3. Find a young arm and a vet in FA to fill in the 4th and 5th spots and the rotation could look pretty nice going into 08'.

Mo

Honestly is my weakest candidate to keep for his age and huge salary he's going to make. Lets face it though, I love me some Jaba in the 9th but lets not annoint him the savior of the Yanks bullpen. Have Mo around for another year or 2 to eventually pass the torch to Jaba, and teach some of the young arms that we MUST acquire in the off-season.

Don't Let The Door Hit Your Ass on the Way Out

Giambi

23 Million this year, he's "clearly" not the "cream" of the crop of a first baseman that was wanted. As his years as a Yankee continued, (and the years off the steriods wore off), we saw a diminishing star who was a sub-par fielder that had the biggest issue staying healthy. It would be hypocritical for me to cheer his homeruns and say I never liked this guy, so I guess you can call me a hypocrite. First base was Donny baseball then got passed to Tino and he delivered. Sadly, this guy is the epitome of the Yanks in the past 6 years. Big flash, power, spend money and 0 results. Sorry Jason, I just hope that your only use to baseball is to settle into the sunset and try to dodge the steriod clouds float past you just along with the past 4 years.

Carl Pavano

Unbelievable how an 18-8 season in 04' made the Yanks googly eyed and happy to land this guy. Since then he's 5-6 and has been injured. Well, I mean he did lie about an injury once and just ate up a few million here and there on the payroll, but who really remembers that right? Good grief, if this guy wasn't a bigger deal pitcher who totally busted (ala a Kerry Wood in NY), then most people probably would've even forgotten we had this bum on our team. I wouldn't even ask the guy for a pay cut, free a spot up for a new, fresh, young arm that could help 08' and beyond.

Mussina

You won't hear me rant, b!tch and moan about this guy like I did about Giambi since I liked this guy alot. Nothing against the man, he was a heck of a pick up from Baltimore and you couldn't ask for anything more from him. The workhorse Moose was worth every investment made on him until this year. His age, consistency and huge salary next season makes it obvious not to take him back. Best of luck Moose.

Your On Notice

A.Rod

Yes, you Mr. Rodriguez. Its funny how a guy could single-handledly have a team by the balls by declaring he can walk on his contract. I don't think the Yanks should be out reaching their arms full out for this guy, because of the obvious flaws about him. Dumping his salary would open up enough money to pick up an upper tier starter and some fresh live arms for the bullpen. Second, I don't care what people think and say, he isn't that spectacular in the field. He has gotten better to his credit but there are others that are better. Finally, and most importantly he's Mr. April. If Mr. April hits a solo shot in the bottom of the 8th, getting his first RBI since 2004 in the post-season, would anybody care? Well actually, ask the Yankee faithful who didn't show any excitement of the ball traveling over the left field wall in in game 5. If you leave A.Rod, it proves your stay here was a failure and proves your still not a big game player. If you stay, you've given us a hell of trade bait to dish over to the Cubs. Can't be a lose lose on our end.

Mientkiewicz

Nothing against your playing at all, but your playing days could be limited too, if not be out the door soon. It would be ridiculous if the Yanks go with another big bat that can't field at first once again. They need a guy who can play first in all aspects. If they do this, this guy's numbered too.

Abreu/Matsui

That outfield is starting to get a little packed and Damon and the kids are not in trouble. Abreu and Matsui, have provide the bats and pretty good defense but could begin to be a liability (especially on the base-paths) if Girardi's in the dug out. This year they could be okay, but their future could be in trouble.

Comments?

theres no way we let Rivera go without a solid backup

Posada earned his keep just because no Yankees team can win with a weak catcher

alex...time will tell.

If Rivera goes, Joba will stay in the Bullpen and learn to close. I think Mo stays though.

The Yankees need to overpay to keep Posada.

Alex should realize that he's best-off in NYC and work out an extension with the Yankees.

Torre should retire. It is time for a change. He doesn't need to go, but if he stays, he needs to change the way he does business.

i dont think that rivera will be back if joe torre goes. mo's said that he will weigh the outcome of joe torres future with the yankees heavily on his decision to come back. plus he sounded really angry at what GS and the yankees organization are doing to joe, and for not renegotiating his contract in spring training like he wanted.

Archived