The Official JETS v. Iggles Game Thread

JetCane

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The difference is that Herm is probably a better coach than the penguin.

I wouldn't say that. Mangini still has the ability to improve, imo. Plus, Herm had a HOF back in Curtis. Say his "3 yards and a cloud of dust" were over rated, but at least he gave those same 3 yards every week, and we'd get 80-100 yards. TJ looks great today, but where has he been otherwise. Herm in a couple years had a Chad Pennington that was GREAT. Mangini doesn't. Herm had a half-way decent D a couple years, Mangini has had garbage.

He doesn't get a pass, because he still isn't doing a good job of halftime adjustments, or realized that Sutton/Schott couldnt call plays to save their lives, but he is NOT Herm Edwards.

I wouldn't say that. Mangini still has the ability to improve, imo. Plus, Herm had a HOF back in Curtis. Say his "3 yards and a cloud of dust" were over rated, but at least he gave those same 3 yards every week, and we'd get 80-100 yards. TJ looks great today, but where has he been otherwise. Herm in a couple years had a Chad Pennington that was GREAT. Mangini doesn't. Herm had a half-way decent D a couple years, Mangini has had garbage.

He doesn't get a pass, because he still isn't doing a good job of halftime adjustments, or realized that Sutton/Schott couldnt call plays to save their lives, but he is NOT Herm Edwards.

Nah Herm is better. 3rd and 15, throw a 17 yard out for the first down. Mangini would throw a 3 yard dumpoff. They are up 10-7, after their defense forced another turnover, and they're marching down field mixing the run and the pass. They should be up 17-7, but on the last drive LJ fumbled on the 1, something he doesn't do (471 touches without a fumble before that).

This guy replaced his old aging ineffective QB, in Trent Green, when it was not a popular decision, for Huard.

Alright Chad. For 2+ years I've defended you, through thick and thin. Please, I beg of you, come through big for me here. Renew my hope, drive us down field, and put us ahead.

Come on Chad, I know its in you somewhere, just do it.

Archived