What happened to the Carl Pavano I saw last season?

Barton

Living in florida I got saw a few fin games, and I always tried to watch Pavano pitch because I knew he'd be a free agent after the season.

He was busting guys inside and tight with 94-95 MPH fastballs and had great control.

He comes to the Yankees, all of a sudden his arm angle is different, he's maxing out at 92 mph and he has no control

STOTTLEYMYRE SUCKS

This guy tries to change the arm angle of EVERY pitcher the Yankees have brought in the last 3 years. Lieber, Vazquez, Randy Johnson, Pavano, Jaret Wright.

We should trade him for some tyler chicken and hire a real pitching coach.

Do not underestimate the effect of pitching in a contract year.

My thoughts exactly... he got paid. If I'm not mistake, he already has a ring, so winning another one might not be a huge deal to him. Going to New York gets him more exposure. Look what it did for DJ. So, I think this was all about the money.

Yeah, I know he took less to go to New York (I guess), but the earnings potential there is so much more greater than in a Boston or a Detroit. And that's the honest truth.

Classic EricBarton.

His arm angle is different. Therefore his velocity is down and he is a different pitcher.

Giambi's stance is different this is why he sucks.

Barton...you play H.S. ball? Your stats must be amazing because you have ALL the answers.

Classic EricBarton.

His arm angle is different. Therefore his velocity is down and he is a different pitcher.

Giambi's stance is different this is why he sucks.

Barton...you play H.S. ball? Your stats must be amazing because you have ALL the answers.

bite me, asskiss :Irate:

Just watch the tapes, his arm angle is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from last seasons.

Face the facts:

Mel Stottlemyre is a complete joke. He's senile.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld, where George visits a woman he knows and her old dad was a former mechanic who had a nervous breakdown and then ruined georges car when he tried to "fix" it.

That......is Mel Stottlemyre. That man who fixes what is not broken, mainly because he's just a senile jackass.

bite me, asskiss :Irate:

Just watch the tapes, his arm angle is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from last seasons.

Face the facts:

Mel Stottlemyre is a complete joke. He's senile.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld, where George visits a woman he knows and her old dad was a former mechanic who had a nervous breakdown and then ruined georges car when he tried to "fix" it.

That......is Mel Stottlemyre. That man who fixes what is not broken, mainly because he's just a senile jackass.

Great comeback. When I factor in the fact that you are 12 years old and grade it on a curve you still fail.

You didn't answer the question. What are you baseball stats like? You are SO smart.

Does Mel get no credit for Mariano Rivera? Mo had one good series in the pros before Mel arrived. He is a Hall Of Famer.

Giambi sucks and it has nothing to do with his stance. Fewer needles in the a$$ makes Jason a dull boy.

Doc Gooden, maxman..........DOC GOODEN

enough said, stottlmyre should have been banned from baseball by ruining goodens career by forcing him to become a groundball pitcher.

Giambi would have regressed anyways, he's lost alot of batspeed these last few years. But in case you have't noticed, he never hits the ball the other way like he did in oakland.

BTW, I am the greatest wiffle ball player you'll ever come in contact with. I am the GREATEST, when something goes wrong I fix it, I am great, just great at wiffle ball.

I had my runs in little league, was a great shortstop, made great plays. 1 season I never even recorded in error as the starting SS. I was an ok hitter, but never had great timing. I was very fast so I beat out alot of infield hits, but I had gap power. I think coach said I was a .314 hitter.........they recorded every stats so they knew. But I quit after little league, too much politics in baseball and I was sick of it, that and I was lazy. :lol:

We have been through this Mel stuff before. EB50's wiffle ball skills aside...Mel has 4 championships here.

We should fire Mel for what he did to Doc with the Mets? That is a reason why Mel should stay. The Doc that the Yankees had already lost the velocity.

The Yankees are a win now team. So Mel is just fine for what the need. They are going to be developing pitchers so they will have a veteran staff. His role is less important than if he had a staff of younger pitchers.

Doc Gooden, maxman..........DOC GOODEN

enough said, stottlmyre should have been banned from baseball by ruining goodens career by forcing him to become a groundball pitcher.

Giambi would have regressed anyways, he's lost alot of batspeed these last few years. But in case you have't noticed, he never hits the ball the other way like he did in oakland.

BTW, I am the greatest wiffle ball player you'll ever come in contact with. I am the GREATEST, when something goes wrong I fix it, I am great, just great at wiffle ball.

I had my runs in little league, was a great shortstop, made great plays. 1 season I never even recorded in error as the starting SS. I was an ok hitter, but never had great timing. I was very fast so I beat out alot of infield hits, but I had gap power. I think coach said I was a .314 hitter.........they recorded every stats so they knew. But I quit after little league, too much politics in baseball and I was sick of it, that and I was lazy. :lol:

:shock:

Politics in little league???!! :lol:

So no HS ball? Btw, do you ever use the no errors line to pick up chicks?

I'm tellin you, if the Yankees could only get ahold of Leo Mazzone, we'd be in business.

Mels not great, and I think sometimes he works too much and trys to get these crazy ideas like

"what if randy johnson could throw a knuckleball??!!!!??!!"

"maybe I can get pavano to throw a few more splitters and screwballs, if he could master the screwball he'd be unhittable!!!!!"

Man... this is a case of "know-it-all" syndrome. EB, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mel knows just a bit more than you, about pitching. I'm not going to out and out say you know nothing, but y'know... the proof is in the pudding. You play wiffle ball, not Major League. HUGE difference. Just a lil bit.

Man... this is a case of "know-it-all" syndrome. EB, I'm going to go out on a limb and say Mel knows just a bit more than you, about pitching. I'm not going to out and out say you know nothing, but y'know... the proof is in the pudding. You play wiffle ball, not Major League. HUGE difference. Just a lil bit.

**cough**OFFICIALWIFFLEBALLLEAGETHANKYOUVERYMUCH**cough**

I'm surprised I am 1 of the few Yankee fans here who thinks this way about Mel. Every other site I have been to says the same things and I agree. oh well, I guess I'll just celebrate when Mel retires after this season..........thank god.

**cough**OFFICIALWIFFLEBALLLEAGETHANKYOUVERYMUCH**cough**

I'm surprised I am 1 of the few Yankee fans here who thinks this way about Mel. Every other site I have been to says the same things and I agree. oh well, I guess I'll just celebrate when Mel retires after this season..........thank god.

Oh my bad... you're an official loser... just so we're clear :wink:

It's not that they don't agree with you... it's that you're breaking down pitching when you, very clearly, have no experience what so ever pitching. Mel's been doing it before you were an itch in your daddy's pants, my friend, so, you kind of have to give him the benifit of the doubt. And, it's not like Pavano was light's out before. I mean, dude had an ERA of 4 in the National League. And, before the year before last year, I don't recall the guy pitching more than middle relief. He's not that good, and he's being over paid. But hey, what can ya do?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

my friend

I was the ace pitcher in my little league team in NY, the mets. And we won the world series, yeah thats right. My best friend on the team, was a far better pitcher. But I got the start in the WS game, I pitched 5 innings and turned it over to my friend who shut the other team out, and we won.

Then I moved to FL, and I was the ace pitcher of the fall ball league orioles, but when fall ball ended and we went back to our old team (cardinals) the coach no longer wanted me to pitch because he played favorites, so I then played SS, 2B(hated that), 3B (fun sometimes) and OF (hated that, altho throwing out a runner from the outfield is alot of fun).

^^^^^^^^^^^^

my friend

I was the ace pitcher in my little league team in NY, the mets. And we won the world series, yeah thats right. My best friend on the team, was a far better pitcher. But I got the start in the WS game, I pitched 5 innings and turned it over to my friend who shut the other team out, and we won.

Then I moved to FL, and I was the ace pitcher of the fall ball league orioles, but when fall ball ended and we went back to our old team (cardinals) the coach no longer wanted me to pitch because he played favorites, so I then played SS, 2B(hated that), 3B (fun sometimes) and OF (hated that, altho throwing out a runner from the outfield is alot of fun).

How's it feel to have lost all credibility as a poster in one thread? #-o

Dude, stop trying to be witty, it won't work for you.

And why don't you tell me how it feels, just looking back at that Jeter GS thread you come out as a complete jackass by trying to spin Jeters top 10 MLB batting average with the bases loaded by saying that "well, pitchers have to throw more strikes so he gets a good chance to hit"

I guess every baseball player has a great batting average with the bases loaded. :?

Pathetic

explain to me, a$$hole, how I lose credibility by that post?? you're always out to piss me off and attack me because your mets are sucking sh*t air right now while the Yankees are cruising

I also made the traveling team in LI in 1999, still got the pin and jersey! :lol:

The hell? I thought his post was funny and witty. Don't get your panties in a bunch, EB... it's all in good fun, but you're coming off as a know-it-all. That's not very becoming. It's down right assinine. You don't know more than Mel does. I don't care how much you pitched in little league. That's little league. That's not the big leagues. Not even high school ball. He'll forget more about pitching today than you'll ever know.

I don't claim to know anything about baseball. I never played. Couldn't afford it. But, I know brash and arrogance when I see it.

You don't know more than Mel does. I don't care how much you pitched in little league. That's little league. That's not the big leagues. Not even high school ball. He'll forget more about pitching today than you'll ever know.

Ain't that the truth

And he is still a sh*tty pitching coach. You don't try and change randy johnson, enough is enough.

Which would mean what? You'd be what? An abysmal pitching coach? And, you've never pitched at Yankee stadium. Maybe Mel *gasp* knows something you don't about pitching at the stadium! Holy toledo! :roll:

Which would mean what? You'd be what? An abysmal pitching coach? And, you've never pitched at Yankee stadium. Maybe Mel *gasp* knows something you don't about pitching at the stadium! Holy toledo! :roll:

Don't get me wrong man. I know mel knows ALOT more than me.

But he is still a subpar pitching coach, either that, or he just isn't right for this current Yankee team. Probably a combination of both, but I will be glad when he retires.

Also, if Mel is a good pitching coach, why do we always send our pitchers to billy connors...........?

good, then we agree.......jetfan80 is an arrogant AHOLE.

What's with your vendetta against me? The only reason someone would be as angry as you are is after they just got schooled. Hmm....

You're talking about tee-ball, and you get pissed at me when I call you out for it? Does that make any sense?

Don't get me wrong man. I know mel knows ALOT more than me.

But he is still a subpar pitching coach, either that, or he just isn't right for this current Yankee team. Probably a combination of both, but I will be glad when he retires.

Also, if Mel is a good pitching coach, why do we always send our pitchers to billy connors...........?

I dunno, and I don't care. My pitching coach is Bob Cluck. He's got the fifth best pitching staff in the AL.

Archived