Here is what Mangini should do ........

joiseyjet

I think Eric is so worried about pulling Chad after annonting the Starter back in training camp & if K.C. gets in & gets a chance & does even ok that he won`t be able to get Chad back in without being publicly crucified,so here`s the answer ,remember the ankle Chad hurt early in the season ,the one that keeps being brought up that it isn`t compleately healed yet to make an excuse for every bad game he`s had, well how about Eric says he hurt that ankle again in practice this week and he`s gonna be week to week till it`s healed . This allows eric to pull his starter without publicly benching him it allows you to test K.C. for as long or as short as he wants an no matter how good or bad KC does it allows Eric to bring back Chad after a KC test period if he chooses to by saying at any time Chads ankle is healed now and he is the starter again.....this is what should happen starting in Cinci, next weekend..

I'm curious. What exactly gives you the impression that Mangini gives a crap what anyone thinks of his moves?

The fact that he almost refuses to say anything neg. about Chad to the point we`re you have to wonder if him, and everyone else is watching the same game ,I mean Eric at the end of the game actually re-marked how it wasn`t Chads faut Coles droped that pass that hit Coles in his chest ,You have got to be kidding me your gonna throw Coles under the bus for dropping 1 stinking pass when he`s stretched himself out to make finger tip catchs/compleations nobody would have blamed Coles if he didn`t catch them at the time. and in the last 3 games Chads thrown 6 int`s and 1 TD but Chads doing a great job in erics eyes ......

The fact that he almost refuses to say anything neg. about Chad to the point we`re you have to wonder if him, and everyone else is watching the same game ,I mean Eric at the end of the game actually re-marked how it wasn`t Chads faut Coles droped that pass that hit Coles in his chest ,You have got to be kidding me your gonna throw Coles under the bus for dropping 1 stinking pass when he`s stretched himself out to make finger tip catchs/compleations nobody would have blamed Coles if he didn`t catch them at the time. and in the last 3 games Chads thrown 6 int`s and 1 TD but Chads doing a great job in erics eyes ......

Exactly! Therefore, he doesn't care what you, the players or every pundit on the planet has to say about Chad.

I doubt Mangini cares what the fans think, hence standing by Chad. However he will defo care what the other players think.

I don`t think he gives a flying F**K what the fans think either ,what he cares about is a he came out in preseason and said Chad is the starter and as soon as he IS PRAYING TO GOD CHAD CAN COME BACK AND WIN A FEW GAMES SO HE CAN SAY HE WAS RIGHT FOR KEEPING CHAD IN, cause if he doesn`t win and he has to pull Chad then Eric has to answer ,shouldn`t you have pulled him sooner and did you cost the JETS a chance of making the playoffs by not switching to KC sooner ,especially if KC comes in and starts winning right off the bat ,that is what eric cares about...

I don`t think he gives a flying F**K what the fans think either ,what he cares about is a he came out in preseason and said Chad is the starter and as soon as he IS PRAYING TO GOD CHAD CAN COME BACK AND WIN A FEW GAMES SO HE CAN SAY HE WAS RIGHT FOR KEEPING CHAD IN, cause if he doesn`t win and he has to pull Chad then Eric has to answer ,shouldn`t you have pulled him sooner and did you cost the JETS a chance of making the playoffs by not switching to KC sooner ,especially if KC comes in and starts winning right off the bat ,that is what eric cares about...

what i want to know is what happened to "competition is a good thing"?

I don't think Mangini gives a crap what anybody thinks. But if he waits until next year to start KC and KC just isn't good enough, he'll care what everybody else thinks cause he'd be out of a job.

I could not have said it better. What if KC is not the answer & can not force defences to extend their coverage backs?

Right now, we are mathmatically looking at the 4th-5th pick in the 2008 draft. Even if we win a few games, we are definitely in the top 8. Why on earth would you NOT give up on this season since you would have to win every game left in the season to just HOPE to get in the playoffs?!

I can understand that Mangini does not want to put Chad under the bus, but it's GAME OVER MAN-GAME OVER!

You have to pick up the pieces of this season & try to develop something that next season could get you to the promised land. So what if it isn't Chad (Offensively it is-Defenses have begun to adapt to a slant 4-3 that stops his short passes cold!) and it's something else with the offense? By sitting him down, you can find the problem & potential fix it.

Besides, a stronger adjustment with the offense can give the lack lustered tackling of our defense time to rest & possibly time to ignite a fire in them that they will finally wake up!

Either way, if he's going to continue to be the "MANGENIUS" he has to make adjustments - something that until now, he has not done!

(I hope no one minds but I am going to use some of this for my editorial this week!)

I could not have said it better. What if KC is not the answer & can not force defences to extend their coverage backs?

Right now, we are mathmatically looking at the 4th-5th pick in the 2008 draft. Even if we win a few games, we are definitely in the top 8. Why on earth would you NOT give up on this season since you would have to win every game left in the season to just HOPE to get in the playoffs?!

I can understand that Mangini does not want to put Chad under the bus, but it's GAME OVER MAN-GAME OVER!

You have to pick up the pieces of this season & try to develop something that next season could get you to the promised land. So what if it isn't Chad (Offensively it is-Defenses have begun to adapt to a slant 4-3 that stops his short passes cold!) and it's something else with the offense? By sitting him down, you can find the problem & potential fix it.

Besides, a stronger adjustment with the offense can give the lack lustered tackling of our defense time to rest & possibly time to ignite a fire in them that they will finally wake up!

Either way, if he's going to continue to be the "MANGENIUS" he has to make adjustments - something that until now, he has not done!

(I hope no one minds but I am going to use some of this for my editorial this week!)

Great plan Baummer ,Keep Chad in there so we can get a higher draft pick ,fIRST we had HERM who we laughed at his You play to win the game, Now we have Baummer telling us how happy we should be cause we are looking at a top 8 pick So with this coaching staff,We are playing to LOSE THE GAME,so we can get a higher draft pick right, Yet we`ll have no idea weather we should take a QB cause we were so busy paying Chad all this money to LOSE FOR US ,we will never have gotten a chance to really look at KC to see if he is the QB of our future or if he wasn`t going to be know if we actually needed to Draft aTop QB in april .Once again you keep saying what if KC isn`t the answer ,well your not gonna know till you play him a few games ,AND WE ALREADY KNOW chad isn`t the answer by his 6 INT`s & 1 td over the last 3 weeks and his only win after 6 games came against a team 0-6 ....If this is the thinking of this wonderful ORG. ,this explains why this org. has been not won a SB in 40 + years.I`ve got 3 road games left aside from rest of the home games & I`m done with the road games till we get to a SB ,cause this team just doesn`t care about winning So why should I support them on the road

If we lose to Cincy and Chad has a lousy 1st half against the Bills then Clemens will come in. If he performs well he will be the starter. If he doesnt, then.....

the Jets arent going to change QB's until we lose 2 more games.

we fans already got a pretty good snapshot of what clemens can do. had Mcaireins or coles held on to the ball we would have seen a guy who can finish a drive at the end of a game under pressure.

If mangini cared what we thought, clemens would already be our starter.

like herm edwards, Penny boy must be one helluva a q back for 6 days a week cause he sucks on gameday

11-5 would get us in.

He`s (Baummer)IS MAKING A ARGUMENT FOR US TO LOSE ,on top of that this is the same guy who`s trying making the argument thats it`s ok for the JETS to charge PSL`S AS HIGH AS $10,000 AND UP A TICKET with those bills comming out as early as next year......Maybe this is part of their large plan having this team do as bad as possible so the fans will say i`m not paying that insane amout especially for this lousey team.....

He`s (Baummer)IS MAKING A ARGUMENT FOR US TO LOSE ,on top of that this is the same guy who`s trying making the argument thats it`s ok for the JETS to charge PSL`S AS HIGH AS $10,000 AND UP A TICKET with those bills comming out as early as next year......Maybe this is part of their large plan having this team do as bad as possible so the fans will say i`m not paying that insane amout especially for this lousey team.....

wouldnt they want to do well so we would want to part with $10,000 per seat? If we suck and nobody wants to pay, how will they make their money?

I think Eric is so worried about pulling Chad after annonting the Starter back in training camp & if K.C. gets in & gets a chance & does even ok that he won`t be able to get Chad back in without being publicly crucified,so here`s the answer ,remember the ankle Chad hurt early in the season ,the one that keeps being brought up that it isn`t compleately healed yet to make an excuse for every bad game he`s had, well how about Eric says he hurt that ankle again in practice this week and he`s gonna be week to week till it`s healed . This allows eric to pull his starter without publicly benching him it allows you to test K.C. for as long or as short as he wants an no matter how good or bad KC does it allows Eric to bring back Chad after a KC test period if he chooses to by saying at any time Chads ankle is healed now and he is the starter again.....this is what should happen starting in Cinci, next weekend..

bro, he already had that chance after the Balt game and put Chad back in, that was the perfect scenario right there. You tell me now after all the rumblings and rumors and bad play that he hurt himself again just out of the blue then everyone will know it is BS especially the team. if anything he is afraid of disrupting the lockerroom rather than the media, I don't think he cares about the media at all.

bro, he already had that chance after the Balt game and put Chad back in, that was the perfect scenario right there. You tell me now after all the rumblings and rumors and bad play that he hurt himself again just out of the blue then everyone will know it is BS especially the team. if anything he is afraid of disrupting the lockerroom rather than the media, I don't think he cares about the media at all.

The Balt. game was only week 2. There was only a small group calling for Chad to be changed at that point and most of them have been screaming that since last year still when we finished up with 10 wins and I don`t think most of us thought we were going to beat the PATS. in week 1 ,we hoped we would ,but most thopught we`d start out 0-1 possibly 0-2 ,but we sure didn`t expect to be 1-5 ...So they were was noway they would have pulled Chad after week 2 ...but now we need a spark that Chad can`t seem to provide , so lets see what KC.HAS.....

Archived