Mangini might be thinking Draft Picks

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

Think about this for a sec.... When Mangini took over the helm he was expecting to get a Jets team that wasn't that good, we have been up & down in wins the last couple of years . So, Mangini comes in sees what he has to work with, then we go 10-6.By then mangini was (In Shock) had to be thinking wow I can't believe we are winning some of these games .He must have thought he would be scouting for draft pics by now.Now we are here in year 2 , Mangini does not want to put the kid in Why? Who Knows ...maybe to protect him from getting killed by our o-line or to get better players to suround him with... Who knows? Maybe he wants more higher picks in the draft to fill some really much needed holes on these lines?? maybe.jmo

Now we have Chad, The coach must fell something for the poor guy ..Who knows?He might want chad to have his last Hurr Raa ..but who can say for sure magini is a boarder line mute.Anyhow, The coach must be thinking now that this season is over for sure .I'm Not saying he is tanking the season but he has to be thinking about getting some More Talented players from higher picks in the draft and some big ugly's for our awful D & O-lines.You almost have to wonder if he wanted to do it like the old greats that did it threw the drafts ,you know like the Jimmy johnson's of the Nfl.I say let chad do his thing for the rest of the year ,We get some Draft picks and start the 2008 season fresh with the kid and some new editions on our team.

I don't know what to think anymore?? This coach doesn't say much but I think he has Something up his sleeves.i'm tellin ' ya this guy is a Slickster... he has a plan ,I hope.:confused:

Think about this for a sec.... When Mangini took over the helm he was expecting to get a Jets team that wasn't that good, we have been up & down in wins the last couple of years . So, Mangini comes in sees what he has to work with, then we go 10-6.By then mangini was (In Shock) had to be thinking wow I can't believe we are winning some of these games .He must have thought he would be scouting for draft pics by now.Now we are here in year 2 , Mangini does not want to put the kid in Why? Who Knows ...maybe to protect him from getting killed by our o-line or to get better players to suround him with... Who knows? Maybe he wants more higher picks in the draft to fill some really much needed holes on thiese lines?? maybe.jmo

Now we have Chad, The coach must fell something for the poor guy ..Who knows?He might want chad to have his last Hurr Raa ..but who can say for sure magini is a boarder line mute.Anyhow, The coach must be thinking now that this season is over for sure .I'm Not saying he is tanking the season but he has to be thinking about getting some More Talented players from higher picks in the draft and some big ugly's for our awful D & O-lines.You almost have to wonder if he wanted to do it like the old greats that did it threw the drafts ,you know like the Jimmy johnson's of the Nfl.I say let chad do his thing for the rest of the year ,We get some Draft picks and start the 2008 season fresh with the kid and some new editions on our team.

I don't know what to think anymore?? This coach doesn't say much but I think he has Something up his sleeves.i'm tellin ' ya this guy is a Slickster... he has a plan ,I hope.:confused:

Not sure what his plans are...

But listening to/watching the guy speak, he just seems like he knows what he's doing and is confident about the decisions he's making.

That just has a way of getting people to trust you even in times like this.

if he is- then thats good i guess. we know hes not as dumb as herm:thumbup:

if he wants to win and is not playing for draft picks-wtf is wrong with him

I dont think he's tanking the season purposely.

I think he doesnt want to play KC for two reasons.

One, as he said, the QB is NOT the only problem on this team... So even if KC started, we still probably wouldnt make the playoffs.

Two, why start KC in a lost season? Why give opponents that gameplanning advantage?

Will he end up starting at some point this season, yeah, probably....

But seriously, what's the difference if he comes in for 6 games or 8 games?

Less can be more in the long run.

In 2006, the Jets were in every game except the Jags. They almost came back on the Pats and Colts, even. No dobt though that the OL and defense played better last year. A plyoff berth is never a bad thing, just may be totally unexpected even by the CS. A vicitm of their own unanticipated success, perhaps?

This year so far they've been in every game except the Pats game. I don't totally buy the "they just didn't get the breaks" idea Bit had on another thread. But it's not far off. Closer may be that the players made those 5 or 6 big plays last year on which every game turns and aren't making them this season.Could be some players like Pennington and Vilma and others will never be that good again.

The only rationale reason for not putting Clemens in now (or 3 weeks ago) is that Mangini is afraid of losing the lockeroom w/the switch.

Which is just ridiculous and not something he should be afraid of.

But his last PC was pathetic. He sounded like a ecurb for **** sake: saying things like "Chads the 2nd most accurate passer per comp % in nfl history" and "He did alot of good things" and then he also threw the defense under the bus alittle by bringing up the 75 yard TD when asked about Chad vs Clemens. Really ridiculous BS from Mangini this past week.

The only rationale reason for not putting Clemens in now (or 3 weeks ago) is that Mangini is afraid of losing the lockeroom w/the switch.

Which is just ridiculous and not something he should be afraid of.

But his last PC was pathetic. He sounded like a ecurb for damn sake: "Chads the 2nd most accurate passer per comp % in nfl history" and "He did alot of good things" and then he also threw the defense under the bus alittle by bringing up the 75 yard TD when asked about Chad vs Clemens. Really ridiculous BS from Mangini this past week.

Hey did anyone ever do an IP check making sure EC isnt just an alias for EM?

You can't be serious with this thread. To think that Mangini is intentionally throwing games to get a high draft pick is absurd. It is amazing how much credit people try to give him. Any to the Kellen Clemens question, if the losing continues we have to start him. We need to know whether the kid can play or not. My concern is that our O-line is not consistent, an we may not get a real good sense of his abilities.

Mangini might be thinking draft picks

No pro football team tanks any game (with the possible exception of the last game of the year) for draft picks.

1) As someone smarter than me said here - losing begets losing.

2) Your players start to give up.

3) It's harder to get free-agents to come - given the choice between the same money for a contender and non-factor team, they always want the shot at the ring. See our good friends to the north on this.

4) People don't come to games when you're losing. No parking, no beer, no merchandise money. If you think that the owner isn't keenly aware of this...

5) You don't get to fix what's wrong with your team, you're just standing still.

Losing hurts your team a lot more than the difference between a couple of draft spots.

For one, if he's really the QB of the future, then by playing him in a lost season will just give opponents an advantage in gameplanning for him.

WTF????????????/

So you would rather kill 2008 by having KC be our starter with ZERO experience as a starter?

Since this season is in the shiiter, doesnt it make sense to use 2007 as KC's learning curve? That way, opening day 2008, we have a legit shot at playoffs...

You can't be serious with this thread. To think that Mangini is intentionally throwing games to get a high draft pick is absurd. It is amazing how much credit people try to give him. Any to the Kellen Clemens question, if the losing continues we have to start him. We need to know whether the kid can play or not. My concern is that our O-line is not consistent, an we may not get a real good sense of his abilities.

No pro football team tanks any game (with the possible exception of the last game of the year) for draft picks.

1) As someone smarter than me said here - losing begets losing.

2) Your players start to give up.

3) It's harder to get free-agents to come - given the choice between the same money for a contender and non-factor team, they always want the shot at the ring. See our good friends to the north on this.

4) People don't come to games when you're losing. No parking, no beer, no merchandise money. If you think that the owner isn't keenly aware of this...

5) You don't get to fix what's wrong with your team, you're just standing still.

Losing hurts your team a lot more than the difference between a couple of draft spots.

You guys need to read the my first post again , I said, I don't think he (EM) is trying to tank the season ,What I meant was that if he leaves Chad in there and not give KC a couple of games to get some reps then it would seem like EM is tanking the season to start fresh next year with the Kid with more players around him from the draft, We need O-line guys to better protect the Kid. Jeessh ,I had a feeling I would get ripped for that sentence.

WTF????????????/

So you would rather kill 2008 by having KC be our starter with ZERO experience as a starter?

Since this season is in the shiiter, doesnt it make sense to use 2007 as KC's learning curve? That way, opening day 2008, we have a legit shot at playoffs...

I agree sj, That was the point I was trying to make ,thinking to myself why won't Eric play the kid to get the reps that he needs for the 2008 season ,and the only thing I could come up with is maybe he (EM) wants more draft pics to surround the kid with, that's all I meant.

WTF????????????/

No.

How much game experience did Chad have before he became the starter in 02? That was his third year, and he had maybe half a game's experience. How much experience did Brady have before he came in? None in two years. Clemens is in his second year, and he's already had a full games worth of NFL regular season experience.

The learning curve between backup QB and starting QB is easy to overcome.

As of now, 2007 is over, so mine as well keep Chad in because we're going to want to trade him in the offseason and no other team is going to want to give up anything for a highly paid, 32 year old QB that rode the pines for over half a sesaon. Also, and the other point I was trying to make, was that Clemens may not be ready to assume the starter role yet. So to put in your future QB before he's ready has the potential to damage his mentality, risks injury, and allows future opponents to gameplan for him ahead of time.

While I cant stand watching Chad play, playing him might help us out more in the long run.

I agree sj, That was the point I was trying to make ,thinking to myself why won't Eric play the kid to get the reps that he needs for the 2008 season ,and the only thing I could come up with is maybe he (EM) wants more draft pics to surround the kid with, that's all I meant.

I doubt it.

Because if that were true, then why done we just send in our 2nd unit to start?

No.

How much game experience did Chad have before he became the starter in 02? That was his third year, and he had maybe half a game's experience. How much experience did Brady have before he came in? None in two years. Clemens is in his second year, and he's already had a full games worth of NFL regular season experience.

As of now, 2007 is over, so mine as well keep Chad in because we're going to want to trade him in the offseason and no other team is going to want to give up anything for a highly paid, 32 year old QB that rode the pines for over half a sesaon. Also, and the other point I was trying to make, was that Clemens may not be ready to assume the starter role yet. So to put in your future QB before he's ready has the potential to damage his mentality, risks injury, and allows future opponents to gameplan for him ahead of time.

While I cant stand watching Chad play, playing him might help us out more in the long run.

foolish,,

foolish foolish foolish

we are OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!

why in gods name wouldnt we take advantage of getting our supposed qb of future as much game experience, defensive read experience etc as we can so 2008 he is well prepared,,

you want to play chad soo you may get a 2nd insted of 3rd round pick after season,,OK,,

foolish,,

foolish foolish foolish

we are OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!

why in gods name wouldnt we take advantage of getting our supposed qb of future as much game experience, defensive read experience etc as we can so 2008 he is well prepared,,

you want to play chad soo you may get a 2nd insted of 3rd round pick after season,,OK,,

You just unknowingly answered your own question SJ...

He is OUR FUTURE.

So, what do we gain by putting in a QB who is not ready to be a starting NFL QB yet?

Some bad games and a damaged psyche...

What do we have the potential of screwing up?

1) an injury to our future QB in a lost season

2) since KC's probably going to start next year anyway, a bunch of money paying Chad to be a backup, because if we bench him now we arent getting more than a 5th rounder for him, if that.

3) A lot of chemistry in the locker room, and faith in the coach, both already at a low. Whether we (the fans) or the media likes Chad or not is irrelevant, because its obvious how much the players are behind him. They voted him captain in Training Camp and have all stuck up for him so far this season.

Do I like watching Chad play now? No, of course not, I am disgusted by him this year.

But I think Tangini has the future of the team in their minds and are not going to abandon those plans in favor of knee jerk reactions and changes.

No.

As of now, 2007 is over, so mine as well keep Chad in because we're going to want to trade him in the offseason and no other team is going to want to give up anything for a highly paid, 32 year old QB that rode the pines for over half a sesaon.

If Chad continues his poor play that may have more impact on his trade value than his salary....I would tak a QB that rode the pine over one that played every down and made really bad decsions and threw a lot of pics. Ask the Texans

If Chad continues his poor play that may have more impact on his trade value than his salary....I would tak a QB that rode the pine over one that played every down and made really bad decsions and threw a lot of pics. Ask the Texans

Carr was a FA...

They didnt have to give up draft picks for him as well.

I agree, if Chad doesnt improve his play over the next two games, then Mangini will have no choice but to come out of the bye week with KC as the starter.

Carr was a FA...

They didnt have to give up draft picks for him as well.

I agree, if Chad doesnt improve his play over the next two games, then Mangini will have no choice but to come out of the bye week with KC as the starter.

I was speaking about Matt Schaub, not Carr whom I believe was a free agent, but he was not a starter

You just unknowingly answered your own question SJ...

He is OUR FUTURE.

So, what do we gain by putting in a QB who is not ready to be a starting NFL QB yet?

Some bad games and a damaged psyche...

What do we have the potential of screwing up?

1) an injury to our future QB in a lost season

2) since KC's probably going to start next year anyway, a bunch of money paying Chad to be a backup, because if we bench him now we arent getting more than a 5th rounder for him, if that.

3) A lot of chemistry in the locker room, and faith in the coach, both already at a low. Whether we (the fans) or the media likes Chad or not is irrelevant, because its obvious how much the players are behind him. They voted him captain in Training Camp and have all stuck up for him so far this season.

Do I like watching Chad play now? No, of course not, I am disgusted by him this year.

But I think Tangini has the future of the team in their minds and are not going to abandon those plans in favor of knee jerk reactions and changes.

hahaha

I answered my own question...

get agrip guy,,,

dont screw with 2008,,,

get kc his reps now,, injured? dont be a pussy, this is a mans game,,,

i dont want a playoff hopeful team in 2008 having a guy start wit h1./22 ga,me under his belt,,is that not make sense,,

you seriously dont think it will help kc to pla yrest of way,,u think he will learn more on pine and in practice and 4 exibition games next year,,

yikes,,

half a season of real ball will help the kid see what he needs AND it will let us know if he is real deal,,IF NOT,, then explore draft day pick of QB

hahaha

I answered my own question...

get agrip guy,,,

dont screw with 2008,,,

get kc his reps now,, injured? dont be a pussy, this is a mans game,,,

i dont want a playoff hopeful team in 2008 having a guy start wit h1./22 ga,me under his belt,,is that not make sense,,

you seriously dont think it will help kc to pla yrest of way,,u think he will learn more on pine and in practice and 4 exibition games next year,,

yikes,,

half a season of real ball will help the kid see what he needs AND it will let us know if he is real deal,,IF NOT,, then explore draft day pick of QB

dude, learn to spell and use sentences.

From what I gathered you said that you dont want a playoff hopeful team in 2008.

Again, how much game experience did Tom Brady have before he came in in 2001?

How much did Penny have when he came in in 2002 and lead us to an 8-3 regular season record and a playoff romp over the Colts?

Game experience really isnt all that important.

What is important is making sure that you put your future QB in at the right time and when he is ready, for if you rush him in it wont help him at all.

Archived