Barton's Yankees Off-Season Plan w/25 Man Roster

Barton

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if he doesn't make the hall of fame his career avg seasons are hall of fame caliber.

No they aren't. His average season has him hitting .289. He averages 28 home runs a season. That is why I said it could be debated if he was even above average.

If you are going to prorate it and say if he was healthy -- then there a lot of guys that would get in before him. Bo Jackson -- total hall of famer.

Even if he doesn't make the hall of fame his career avg seasons are hall of fame caliber.

No they aren't. His average season has him hitting .289. He averages 28 home runs a season. That is why I said it could be debated if he was even above average.

If you are going to prorate it and say if he was healthy -- then there a lot of guys that would get in before him. Bo Jackson -- total hall of famer.

Top 40 all time in OBP and SLG in almost 6000 career AB's and BTW his avg 162 game season is

35 homers and a 947 OPS. NTM his career 147 OPS+

Top 40 all time in OBP and SLG in almost 6000 career AB's and BTW his avg 162 game season is

If you don't value top 40 career OBP and SLG there is nothing i'm gonna be able to say that will convince you.

The Hall of Fame is reserved for special players that are the complete package.

Being top 40 in two categories does not get it done.

If you don't value top 40 career OBP and SLG there is nothing i'm gonna be able to say that will convince you.

The Hall of Fame is reserved for special players that are the complete package.

Being top 40 in two categories does not get it done.

Mo Vaughn for HOF. Mo Vaughn for HOF.

Let's start a grassroots election effort.

The benchmark for a power hitter is 500 home runs. Giambi won't get it. In fact, with McGwire and Palmiero not getting it, Giambi has no chance.

Mo Vaughn for HOF. Mo Vaughn for HOF.

Let's start a grassroots election effort.

The benchmark for a power hitter is 500 home runs. Giambi won't get it. In fact, with McGwire and Palmiero not getting it, Giambi has no chance.

And I said that i couldn't care less if he makes it or not. There are loads of players who deserve to be in who aren't and who are in that shouldn't be. That means nothing to me. He's top 40 in the most important stat category. That means something.

And I said that i couldn't care less if he makes it or not. There are loads of players who deserve to be in who aren't and who are in that shouldn't be. That means nothing to me. He's top 40 in the most important stat category. That means something.

His average 162 game season is not applicable. He can't stay on the field.

His average 162 game season is not applicable. He can't stay on the field.

Pretty sure all of his championships will get him in.

:smilies2_puke:

Pretty sure all of his championships will get him in.

:smilies2_puke:

Archived