***The Official Jets Vs. Bengals gameday thread****

gangreenman

****OFFICIAL POST****

:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

Well, now that this is *OFFICIAL*

I needed to post the official post and the 5 dancing penguins to give us luck.

So, here we go....

JETS VS. BENGALS GAMEDAY THREAD

Its been a tough year for both the Jets and the Bengals, as both teams are stuck at only one win.

Mangini reiterated his confidence in Pennington again this week and has said that the will start against the Bengals. Its a weak Cinci defense, so hopefully Chad can pull together a good game to snap out of his funk.

In injury news this week, Chris Baker of the Jets will be without their TE Chris Baker, who wont make the trip to Cinci due to a back injury. On the other side, ex-jet Anthony Schlegalsaurous will be starting at MLB, which should be interesting because he'll be seeing a lot matchups with ex Buckeye and Jet teammate Nick Mangold. Also on the injury report for the Bengals is Rudy Johnson, who is listed as doubtful, which means the Bengals offense will rely on Palmer to Chad J. and TJ... Not that thats a bad group to rely on however.

At this point, ya the seasons lost, so its not a must win game in that sense, but if we dont come out on top, it may be the beginning of the end of a very short Tangini era.

Lets hope we get the W today and get some mo going into buffalo next week!!!

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!!!!

::GoJets:

Jets @ Bengals

Gametime: 4:05pm

TV: CBS

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, here we go....

Its been a tough year for both the Jets and the Bengals, as both teams are stuck at only one win.

Mangini reiterated his confidence in Pennington again this week and has said that the will start against the Bengals. Its a weak Cinci defense, so hopefully Chad can pull together a good game to snap out of his funk.

In injury news this week, Chris Baker of the Jets will be without their TE Chris Baker, who wont make the trip to Cinci due to a back injury. On the other side, ex-jet Anthony Schlegalsaurous will be starting at MLB, which should be interesting because he'll be seeing a lot matchups with ex Buckeye and Jet teammate Nick Mangold. Also on the injury report for the Bengals is Rudy Johnson, who is listed as doubtful, which means the Bengals offense will rely on Palmer to Chad J. and TJ... Not that thats a bad group to rely on however.

At this point, ya the seasons lost, so its not a must win game in that sense, but if we dont come out on top, it may be the beginning of the end of a very short Tangini era.

Jets @ Bengals

So, here we go....

In injury news this week, Chris Baker of the Jets will be without their TE Chris Baker, who wont make the trip to Cinci due to a back injury. On the other side, ex-jet Anthony Schlegalsaurous will be starting at MLB, which should be interesting because he'll be seeing a lot matchups with ex Buckeye and Jet teammate Nick Mangold. Also on the injury report for the Bengals is Rudy Johnson, who is listed as questionable, which means the Bengals offense will rely on Palmer to Chad J. and TJ... Not that thats a bad group to rely on however.

LETS GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gameplan today should be to keep the ball out of Chad Pennington's hands as much as humanly possible. Pound the rock against a horrible Bengals run defense with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and on defense, find a way to pressure Carson Palmer into a couple of interceptions. That is the only way we can win this game, unless Washington returns four kickoffs for touchdowns.:beer:

The gameplan today should be to keep the ball out of Chad Pennington's hands as much as humanly possible. Pound the rock against a horrible Bengals run defense with Thomas Jones and Leon Washington and on defense, find a way to pressure Carson Palmer into a couple of interceptions. That is the only way we can win this game, unless Washington returns four kickoffs for touchdowns.:beer:

Basically.

So, here we go....

Jets @ Bengals

POTW nom!

In gangreenman I trust. make me proud, son.

If we lose today, hes banned I hope from making these threads.

If we lose today id be 1-2 with the Jets threads (2-3 overall) while everyone else combined is 0-3 w/ the Jets and 0-6 ovearall.

Gotta give me at least 8 games overall ( 5 on the jets) on the job before you determine such things...

they are not playing the game here...grrr... so itis off to the local sports spot... last time i was to late and couldnt get the game on one of their tv's.

then i had to go to hooters to find the game..

i hope it doesnt come to that again this time.. :lol:

although my hubbie will be happy. heh!

Heres a little something to think about pregame: Mangini avoided answering when asked if he would pull Chad during the game.

Here's something else to think about if they dont get it turned around quickly:

The unrest started privately in training camp in July, as many players were upset with the way since-traded guard Pete Kendall was treated. Then, there were rumblings about the team's dissatisfaction with its 3-4 defensive scheme. The first public announcement of discontent came last Sunday, when tight end Chris Baker criticized the play calls at the end of a 16-9 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.

But while Baker is the only player to have publicly voiced his displeasure, he isn't alone. There appears to be a growing disconnect between the players and the coaching staff.

"Guys really liked playing for Herm (Edwards), but I don't know if I can say the same for Eric," said one player who -- like everyone who responded -- requested anonymity because it's generally not a good idea to criticize your coach. "Guys played hard for Herm because they liked him. Guys now are scared.

"Eric knows his Xs and Os, but he's not a motivator. It's just his way or you're out of here. Some guys already know they won't be here next year."

Here's something else to think about if they dont get it turned around quickly:

The same was said about Belichick before opening day in 2003 for cutting Lawyer Milloy. they then got pounded on opening day by the Bills. but they won the Super Bowl that year.

The same was said about Belichick before opening day in 2003 for cutting Lawyer Milloy. they then got pounded on opening day by the Bills. but they won the Super Bowl that year.

So the Jets are going to win the SB this year?

:rl:

That is where the comparison stops, i think.

Archived