***The Official Jets Vs. Bengals gameday thread****

gangreenman

So the Jets are going to win the SB this year?

:rl:

That is where the comparison stops, i think.

I didn't say that. my point is, who gives a **** what the players think?

I could care less what they think of Mangini. but instead of whining about it they should be working harder to right the ship or get the **** out of town.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what was his response?

"Really, I go through and look at the situation we're in, and we're working on getting ready for the game, so that's really our focus, preparing for the game right now"

make of it what you will. I personally don't have much hope.

Here's something else to think about if they dont get it turned around quickly:

Magnini is not a motivator. Very true.

He preaches focus and consistency, not getting too high or too low, just focus on what you're doing and what your job is and we will be fine.

I think the main reason for this sh!tty season is that Mangini has done a terrible job gameplanning thus far, and the players who have worked hard and have tried to remain focus, it only results in a loss.

His offense has gotten way too predictable and the defense is consistently sloppy. Missed tackles, bad angles, blown coverages.

These next few games are a true test for Mangini...

If we dont start seeing rapid improvement, we may not be seeing Mangini next season. I understand its a rebuilding process, but if we finish withf 4 wins or less with the talent we have, Mangii deserves the boot.

I didn't say that. my point is, who gives a **** what the players think?

I could care less what they think of Mangini. but instead of whining about it they should be working harder to right the ship or get the **** out of town.

I respectfully disagree.

I care what the players think, and those of us who have worked in large organizations know that you get better production out of your workers when their morale is good and they respect their superiors.

"Really, I go through and look at the situation we're in, and we're working on getting ready for the game, so that's really our focus, preparing for the game right now"

make of it what you will. I personally don't have much hope.

Thats a canned response.

What's he supposed to say, "ya we'll take him out at halftime if his stats are ____ but we'll leave him in if he has _______."?

I respectfully disagree.

I care what the players think, and those of us who have worked in large organizations know that you get better production out of your workers when their morale is good and they respect their superiors.

Your dealing with 22-29 year old millionaires that have never worked in the real world. I understand your point in the corporate world, but this is the NFL. where lazy spoiled millionaires for the most part are on the payroll.

I respectfully disagree.

I think the problem is this...

The players want to right the ship.

Mangini says, in order to right the ship we have to remain focused and we have to execute and do our jobs.

However, Mangini's gameplans have been vanilla to say the least, maybe its because the OL was too inconsistent through week 2 that he had to shrink the playbook, but thats not important. The point is that even though the players have for the most part remained focused and done their jobs, doing their jobs and executing the way Mangini wants them too hasnt worked.

Therefore, when the coach tells you to do something, and that something doesnt work, you lose trust in the coach. Once you dont trust the coach, you start second guessing and thats when people lose focus and mistakes are made.

Its hard not to get too low when the players have no confidence in what the coach is telling you to do.

I respectfully disagree.

On the other side of that, however...

If the company begins to sink, dont you think all of the employees will lose morale and respect for their superiors no matter how well it had performed in the past?

The NFL is a business, Bill, and basic business and people principles apply to managing people.

I also do not see where any of these players are lazy, as they all work very hard at what they do. But when they see their peers being mistreated by management, it is going to affect them.

If the players are quietly grumbling that Baker didnt make the trip as a punsihment, there is going to be more disgruntlement. You can change the players, but if the managment techniques stay oppressive, the new players will be unhappy too.

I think the problem is this...

The players want to right the ship.

Mangini says, in order to right the ship we have to remain focused and we have to execute and do our jobs.

However, Mangini's gameplans have been vanilla to say the least, maybe its because the OL was too inconsistent through week 2 that he had to shrink the playbook, but thats not important. The point is that even though the players have for the most part remained focused and done their jobs, doing their jobs and executing the way Mangini wants them too hasnt worked.

Therefore, when the coach tells you to do something, and that something doesnt work, you lose trust in the coach. Once you dont trust the coach, you start second guessing and thats when people lose focus and mistakes are made.

Its hard not to get too low when the players have no confidence in what the coach is telling you to do.

Solid points, amigo.

Let's go Jets! If the offense can't score this week we may have to close up the shop. Things are gonna get ugly if they drop another one.

But it's a new week and we can all be positive for the time being (kick off hasn't happened yet, lol).

Let's Go Jets!!!

Rudi Johnson is inactive for the Bengals and Andre Dyson is inactive for the Jets. Rudi being inactive does not surprise me, however, Dyson does. Just what we needed, a Cornerback out against the pass happy Bengals.:character42:

Rudi Johnson is inactive for the Bengals and Andre Dyson is inactive for the Jets. Rudi being inactive does not surprise me, however, Dyson does. Just what we needed, a Cornerback out against the pass happy Bengals.:character42:

Dyson is in the doghouse... big time... I wish they could have dealt him before the deadline... now his value is going down the drain...

Archived