Mangini NOT naming Pennington his starter

Just said in his press conference that he will watch the game tape and look at the entire roster top to bottom, looking at what changes that need to be made.

I think it is safe to say, thankfully, that James Chadwick Pennington is OUT as the starting Quarterback of the New York Jets.

Just said in his press conference that he will watch the game tape and look at the entire roster top to bottom, looking at what changes that need to be made.

I think it is safe to say, thankfully, that James Chadwick Pennington is OUT as the starting Quarterback of the New York Jets.

Agreed, but there are some on D that need to go!!

I expect Harris to play the whole game next week and i wouldnt be surprised if Drew Coleman is moved up to nickel back.

Harris was getting knocked around badly today as well as Vilma and Barton... Shlegal should start... oh wait

I think Mangini shouldve done this when we were 1-4 and still had a small shot at turning this around.

Yes, even better at 1-3. But he didn't. He insisted on 3 more straight losses out of stubborness, more or less proving that he made the wrong decision (again). Just like history played out to prove that he muffed the Kendall situation, screwed up addressing the O and D-line despite many of our complaints that it was obvious, and also made a bad trade for TJ, who has done nothing. He screwed up the Revis situation too but at least that one isn't still hurting us today.

This is why I look at this guy and I wonder why everyone can tell me that he is a genius and they have faith in him. He has done nothing but make bad decisions this entire year, from the very beginning of offseason. We aren't allowed to question him apparently because we aren't coaches ourselves, but when we are consistently right doesn't that show that something is wrong? It's true, the fans are not supposed to be right, we are just fans, the coaches are supposed to know more than us. But it is clear this CS DOES NOT know more than us, that is the problem. Just like Kotite clearly didn't know more than us.

Do we really need another year of this type of thing before we can admit that we got Steve Spurrier/Nick Saban and not a BB?

Yes, even better at 1-3. But he didn't. He insisted on 3 more straight losses out of stubborness, more or less proving that he made the wrong decision (again). Just like history played out to prove that he muffed the Kendall situation, screwed up addressing the O and D-line despite many of our complaints that it was obvious, and also made a bad trade for TJ, who has done nothing. He screwed up the Revis situation too but at least that one isn't still hurting us today.

This is why I look at this guy and I wonder why everyone can tell me that he is a genius and they have faith in him. He has done nothing but make bad decisions this entire year, from the very beginning of offseason. We aren't allowed to question him apparently because we aren't coaches ourselves, but when we are consistently right doesn't that show that something is wrong? It's true, the fans are not supposed to be right, we are just fans, the coaches are supposed to know more than us. But it is clear this CS DOES NOT know more than us, that is the problem. Just like Kotite clearly didn't know more than us.

Do we really need another year of this type of thing before we can admit that we got Steve Spurrier/Nick Saban and not a BB?

Great post.

I completely agree.

Bad decisions, questionable judge of talent, a defensive mind that can't coach a defense and stubborn. When he comes back next year, people will discover that it was just another wasted season and that it will be time to REALLy rebuild. Tangini, the typical Jets mistake. The question really becomes, will Woody ever pay for a real coach?

Although I don't blame this loss on Chad, he did his best & overall wasn't that bad, I know a change will & has to be made. I hope that when EM hands the QB over to KC, the defense "steps up" & holds the lead for him & the JETS. They certainly didn't do it for Chad.

Sometimes a change is good. If the defense sees that a QB can be benched, they might play a little harder & smarter knowing that THEIR starting job isn't set in stone either.

Good luck KC...... Let's go JETS!!!!

I disagree about the Jones trade, for one. That was a good trade, this OL really sucks, Jones cant do anything about that. I paid special attention to the OL today and was not impressed with the results. Even when there were no free shots, the pocket always seemed to collapse around Pennington after a second or two and on some running plays our offensive line actually got pushed BACK.

We didnt even lose a draft pick in the Jones trade, and he is definately better then Barlow or Blaylock.

I cant say I disagree with you on the Kendall situation, although I dont think Kendall handled that well either and it may have set a bad example if we caved in to his demands.

No, I dont think he is Saban, Spurrier, or BB. I think he is Eric Mangini, that simple. So far hes turned in one great season and one terrible season, but I need more time before placing any kind of label on him.

please please please please please.....

The question is, after review......who else is Mangini gonna pull the plug on? D.Rob? Barrett? Barton? I don't know this is gonna be gut check time for him and the rest of the coaching staff to evaluate who is gonna be hungry and step up
Puoha played a lot of the 4th. D-rob and his $12 million may be finding a seat on the bench, or moving over to a DE spot. IDon't know how anyone could watch the 2nd half and say Pennington played well. Spare the BS TD, he simply cannot move a team into the endzone. And if he's not perfect, the whole house of cards falls apart.

I agree Chad needs to be sat down, but he did play a lot better then he has today over the past few games. I've never said it was strictly chad's fault that this team is losing. We have a lot of holes and a coach that thinks his ****e doesn't stink. I just hope Kellen gets in, shows some promise and we can draft a d or o linemen.

If it's a 3-man line, you'd be longing for Kimo's return. Bowens is 265 lbs.

Bowens had like 7 sacks last year playing opposite Jason down here and I don't think Ive even seen him n a play this year-why not? Are Ellis and Hicks doing that great? Every job should be on the line right now on the defensive side of the ball except Revis and Rhodes-if he's 265 he would make a good speed rusher-line him out wide like they did with him in Miami and make the OL account for him