JetComplainers.com

Jetlag

I think that's what this site soon be renamed to. I can't believe there are actually people on this site who are pissed because some media are giving our HC some kudos on doing a good job. Do you know how crazy that sounds?

Sure Herm isn't going to bring a dynasty to NY but do you know how rare that is? For every dynasty I could name a million teams who wished they were in the championship game. It's like saying your pissed because you didn't pick the right numbers for the $80 million lotto. Ok I'm exaggerating but you see my point.

Bringing a team to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years is a model of consistency. I know how quickly this comment will be shot down. It's only because some like to shoot this achievement down before it can be brought up as a positive. It's not a trite stat like some would like to have you believe. It's not like they never won a playoff game either. They blew out a good Colts team and have gone on the road and beat a solid Chargers team. Which btw IS a rare thing, going on the road and winning in the playoffs that is.

Every year the same JETS "FANS" come out and predict a sub .500 season because of Herm's idiocy. Well let me say this, if it wasn't for the slew of injuries in 2003, they would of been in the playoffs that year as well. Those happen sometimes to "good" coaches (ex. Jeff Fisher 2004).

Some complain that Herm is soft but what difference does that make to you? Do the ends justify the means? Are ANY of you at the practices on a daily basis where you actually know what's going on? Herm has a good rapport with his players, whether it's because of barbeque's (DRASTICALLY overblown) or other "friendly" events.

The sad part to all this is if the Jets do go to the Super Bowl in the next few years it'll be "because of Donnie H and Mike H." I think that'll be the first Super Bowl contender to ever make it in spite of their HC, :roll: .

I know this post isn't going to change any minds nor do I intend it to but I needed to vent this frustration. It's part of the reason I don't post as often any more. It's so depressing all the negativity all of these boards breed.

P.s. Tomshane's a homo.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It comes form the fact that NOTHING IS HAPPENING-no camp, no exhibition games, no real games, no transactions. It's kind of hard to fill a football messageboard with anything but mewling when there isn't nay actual football to talk about, and there own't be for another month.

If it makes you feel better, Edwards is a nice man. I'm sure he's a good guy at block parties, formal affairs and barbe...picnics.

I think that's what this site soon be renamed to. I can't believe there are actually people on this site who are pissed because some media are giving our HC some kudos on doing a good job. Do you know how crazy that sounds?

Sure Herm isn't going to bring a dynasty to NY but do you know how rare that is? For every dynasty I could name a million teams who wished they were in the championship game. It's like saying your pissed because you didn't pick the right numbers for the $80 million lotto. Ok I'm exaggerating but you see my point.

Bringing a team to the playoffs 3 out of 4 years is a model of consistency. I know how quickly this comment will be shot down. It's only because some like to shoot this achievement down before it can be brought up as a positive. It's not a trite stat like some would like to have you believe. It's not like they never won a playoff game either. They blew out a good Colts team and have gone on the road and beat a solid Chargers team. Which btw IS a rare thing, going on the road and winning in the playoffs that is.

Every year the same JETS "FANS" come out and predict a sub .500 season because of Herm's idiocy. Well let me say this, if it wasn't for the slew of injuries in 2003, they would of been in the playoffs that year as well. Those happen sometimes to "good" coaches (ex. Jeff Fisher 2004).

Some complain that Herm is soft but what difference does that make to you? Do the ends justify the means? Are ANY of you at the practices on a daily basis where you actually know what's going on? Herm has a good rapport with his players, whether it's because of barbeque's (DRASTICALLY overblown) or other "friendly" events.

The sad part to all this is if the Jets do go to the Super Bowl in the next few years it'll be "because of Donnie H and Mike H." I think that'll be the first Super Bowl contender to ever make it in spite of their HC, :roll: .

I know this post isn't going to change any minds nor do I intend it to but I needed to vent this frustration. It's part of the reason I don't post as often any more. It's so depressing all the negativity all of these boards breed.

P.s. Tomshane's a homo.

Lag question for you..With Fox and Lewis available

in 2000 why was a obscure DB Coach chosen to be the

Jet HC?? Especially with the Jets having a rookie

Owner and a rookie GM?? (Remake of the 3 Stooges?)

And name anything Hermie ever did to Win a Game or

made a move that made you say WOW that was Brilliant

Hermie!! :roll:

*crickets chirping*

Kudos to Jetlag, I agree on this post 100%, all you get here is bitchers and moaners and I was tired of it too, just didn't feel like coming out with a big post like that, but I agree 100%.

Herm is a VERY good coach and there is no reason why he shouldn't be in at least the Top 8 coaches in the NFL. Playoffs 3 out of 4 years and if Chad wasn't out for the 1st half of the season in 03, it would've been 4 out of 4. Stop bitching and moaning because we show consistency and eventually that will land us a Super Bowl. Take your complaints and shove them up your ass, Jetlag is 100% correct and I back him up on all of it.

I usually reserve this for the patsie* fans but......... :Nuts:

btw, great post lag

It continues to amaze me that Herm continues to be a lightning rod here. :shock:

Here is the lowdown on Herm.

Bad

1) His clock management is awful.

Good

1) Has gotten team to playoffs 3 of 4 years here. Not bad for an obscure DB coach. Marvin Lewis a good a coach has yet to take the Bengals to the playoffs. Fox in all honesty caught lightning in a bottle with the Panthers in 2003.

2) His team does not quit. This isn't Pete Carroll or Bruce Coslet we are talking about here. Carroll's 94 team quit on him after the spike game and Coslet's teams could never EVER hold a lead. joe Walton basically took a team that was ready to go to the Super Bowl in 83 and turned it into an 8-8 club.

Other than Parcells who has done a better job ? Weeb ? Weeb was only able to get two playoff years out of what 8 years of coaching the Jets ?

Seriously guys. The problem here is that you guys want to Herm to be Bellichek and that isn't going to happen. BB is gone, has been gone for long time and it is time to get over it. Coaches like BB don't come around everyday and it sucks that he didn't stay around (Thank You Bill Parcells)but that's life and you move on.

I have yet to see and Edwards team flat out quit on their coach. He has three playoff appearances in 4 years under his belt. He took a reeling team into Oakland and beat the Raiders in 2001. He kept the 2002 team together when they were 2-5 when most other coaches probably would have seen the season disintegrate before their eyes in 2003 and he got them to within a field goal of the AFC Title game in 2004.

Herm Edwards is far from being the perfect coach but who other than maybe BB is ?

*crickets chirping*

This is an interesting question usually posed in the "Herm is a great coach (3 of 4 playoff) vs the Herm is incompetent debate"

I've NEVER seen any Herm supporters actually address the question with examples of Herm's coaching expertise.

Face it - if we win, it'll be in spite of Herm, not due to his coaching ability.

{{Lag question for you..With Fox and Lewis available

Jet HC?? }}

and five years later youre still cryin about it....

what a shame...but theres jet fans out there that wont be happy unless they bitch and moan .....

Kudos to Jetlag, I agree on this post 100%, all you get here is bitchers and moaners and I was tired of it too, just didn't feel like coming out with a big post like that, but I agree 100%.

Herm is a VERY good coach and there is no reason why he shouldn't be in at least the Top 8 coaches in the NFL. Playoffs 3 out of 4 years and if Chad wasn't out for the 1st half of the season in 03, it would've been 4 out of 4. Stop bitching and moaning because we show consistency and eventually that will land us a Super Bowl. Take your complaints and shove them up your a$$, Jetlag is 100% correct and I back him up on all of it.

Explain this my young Friend?? How can you say Herm

missed the Playoffs because Chad missed 1/2 the

season without saying the Jets would have made the

playoffs in 99 had Vinny not been hurt in Game 1

and missed the Whole year??I kill the Tuna for not

having a better backup QB and not starting Ray

earlier! Groh had Vinny who hadn't played for a

year and threw more picks then TD's and the Team

weny 9-7..Yet you praise Hermie for going 9-7 in

02! The real Hero there was the 4th quarter Pat

Come back otherwise the Fins win the east at 10-6!

If you Guys were fair and balanced I wouldn't have

to post Fact to set the record straight! Also like

I said in another post, did Hermie go to a 2-14 Team

that was a laughing stock like the Bengals?? Or

did Hermie have 2 QB's here the RB the All-Pro

center and a good O-line? 3 out of the 4 starters

on the D-line! Take them away and what have you got?

What you wouldn't have is 3 out of 4 playoffs! Was

George Seifert a Great Coach when he took over Bill

Walsh's Great Team?? No! If Herm can turn around a

1-15 Team like Fox or a 2-14 Team like Lewis then

I'll say he is a Good Coach! :wink:

{{Lag question for you..With Fox and Lewis available

Jet HC?? }}

and five years later youre still cryin about it....

what a shame...but theres jet fans out there that wont be happy unless they b!tch and moan .....

Well answer the Dam question then!! :lol:

This is an interesting question usually posed in the "Herm is a great coach (3 of 4 playoff) vs the Herm is incompetent debate"

I've NEVER seen any Herm supporters actually address the question with examples of Herm's coaching expertise.

Face it - if we win, it'll be in spite of Herm, not due to his coaching ability.

Very good point.

I'd like to hear just one example in Hermy's four years as Head Coach where a Jet fan can say "Hermy won that game due to his superior coaching skills".

Just one.

Very good point.

I'd like to hear just one example in Hermy's four years as Head Coach where a Jet fan can say "Hermy won that game due to his superior coaching skills".

Just one.

Yeah but they say Seifert only won because he

took over a Great Team! And their right! They

just can't see Hermie took over a good one and

made the playoffs because all the pieces were

here already!! Hey there's plenty of Pat Homers

as well! Only difference is the Jet Fans think

3 out of 4 playoffs trumps 3 out of 4 Bowl Wins!

Oh and Chad is better then Brady! :mrgreen:

Lag question for you..With Fox and Lewis available in 2000 why was a obscure DB Coach chosen to be the Jet HC?? Especially with the Jets having a rookie Owner and a rookie GM?? (Remake of the 3 Stooges?) And name anything Hermie ever did to Win a Game or made a move that made you say WOW that was Brilliant Hermie!! :roll:

How many teams passed on Lewis? Ever think maybe there is something there behind the scenes that kept them away?

When Fox or Lewis win the Superbowl then you will have a point. Until then THEY ARE ALL just wannabes.

Herm gets no credit from you guys for having the team be competitive. But the others do. The end result is the same...none of them have gotten it done yet.

Belichek has gotten it done. Maybe we can hire him. Oh that's right he didn't want to be here.

Explain this my young Friend?? How can you say Herm

missed the Playoffs because Chad missed 1/2 the

season without saying the Jets would have made the

playoffs in 99 had Vinny not been hurt in Game 1

and missed the Whole year??I kill the Tuna for not

having a better backup QB and not starting Ray

earlier! Groh had Vinny who hadn't played for a

year and threw more picks then TD's and the Team

weny 9-7..Yet you praise Hermie for going 9-7 in

02! The real Hero there was the 4th quarter Pat

Come back otherwise the Fins win the east at 10-6!

If you Guys were fair and balanced I wouldn't have

to post Fact to set the record straight! Also like

I said in another post, did Hermie go to a 2-14 Team

that was a laughing stock like the Bengals?? Or

did Hermie have 2 QB's here the RB the All-Pro

center and a good O-line? 3 out of the 4 starters

on the D-line! Take them away and what have you got?

What you wouldn't have is 3 out of 4 playoffs! Was

George Seifert a Great Coach when he took over Bill

Walsh's Great Team?? No! If Herm can turn around a

1-15 Team like Fox or a 2-14 Team like Lewis then

I'll say he is a Good Coach! :wink:

John Fox this, John Fox that, **** John Fox. You act like he didn't have any talent in Carolina?

Mushin Muhammaed and Steve Smith were around back then and they even had Wesley Walls.

Peppers was there. Rucker was there. Buckner was there. Fields was there. Witherspoon was there. Minter was there. Morgan was there.

Rodney Peete was having a very good season so their real only weak part was Lamar Smith.

The team wasn't being coached right and if we had the same old geiser whose time was up in George Seifert like Carolina had before Fox, we'd be sh*t right now as well. If anything, Carolina has MORE talent than we do.

The Panthers should have a better record than us every single season because they have more talent and according to most on this board, a better coach, so if they have a better record and get further in a WEAKER conference, then ok, you can have a talk, but if they don't, SHUT YOUR MOUTHS.

John Fox this, John Fox that, F#ck John Fox. You act like he didn't have any talent in Carolina?

Mushin Muhammaed and Steve Smith were around back then and they even had Wesley Walls.

Peppers was there. Rucker was there. Buckner was there. Fields was there. Witherspoon was there. Minter was there. Morgan was there.

Rodney Peete was having a very good season so their real only weak part was Lamar Smith.

The team wasn't being coached right and if we had the same old geiser whose time was up in George Seifert like Carolina had before Fox, we'd be Sh#t right now as well. If anything, Carolina has MORE talent than we do.

OK..Lets go step by step..Fox made the Super Bowl

because All the Talent was already on the Team!

(Not to mention as a DC his Giant Team was in the

2000 Super Bowl)But he's nothing special..Yet you

give Hermie huge props because he's a Great Coach

and had No talent here when he came here?? :lol:

OK..Lets go step by step..Fox made the Super Bowl

because All the Talent was already on the Team!

(Not to mention as a DC his Giant Team was in the

2000 Super Bowl)But he's nothing special..Yet you

give Hermie huge props because he's a Great Coach

and had No talent here when he came here?? :lol:

Herm isn't a great coach but he's the 6th / 7th best coach in this league.

Yes, Herm did have talent but he also had VERY YOUNG talent that had barely played any downs in the league when he showed up. What was Chad when he came in? Robertson wasn't here. Ellis / Abraham were here for a season. Moss hadn't done anything at all. Martin was the only true established talent he had. When Fox showed up not only did he have more talent but some of the players were farter progressed then what Herm was dealt with.

DAM Savage, you must spend 23 hours a day looking up bad stats on Herm, you poor pitiful being

Nah..No work today because of Rain! Hell your

in Fla no rain by you?? As far as Herm goes I

like having Fun with the Homers! :mrgreen: And

of course I'm used to being called names like

you just did because you can't come up with the

"Great" things Hermie has done! Both Fox and

Lewis had to get Qb's,RB's and their Teams

straighted out..Hermie walked into a turnkey

operation! Oh yeah lets put him in the HOF!! :roll:

Or at least the Iron Chefs Honorable Mention!

I'm Old School with me praise has to be Earned!

And I've seen nothing to praise Hermie about on

the Grid Iron..Now if were talking Grill..Well

then Herm's in his Glory!! :wink:

This topic has the emotion and hard line opinions on both sides as always.

Bottom line is the Jets success or lack of it falls on the head coach and GM in putting together the team, evaluating players and game planning. Herm is not the technical expert or proficient at these so he will never be given full credit like it or not.

The team has to progress further this year and the only way really to do that is to beat the Pats and win the division. Anything less is taking a step back and we probably will not have the debate on Herm if we do not make the playoffs. He should not be around

Nah..No work today because of Rain! Hell your

in Fla no rain by you?? As far as Herm goes I

like having Fun with the Homers! :mrgreen: And

of course I'm used to being called names like

you just did because you can't come up with the

"Great" things Hermie has done! Both Fox and

Lewis had to get Qb's,RB's and their Teams

straighted out..Hermie walked into a turnkey

operation! Oh yeah lets put him in the HOF!! :roll:

Or at least the Iron Chefs Honorable Mention!

I'm Old School with me praise has to be Earned!

And I've seen nothing to praise Hermie about on

the Grid Iron..Now if were talking Grill..Well

then Herm's in his Glory!! :wink:

All right, I'll bite...answer me this, how many of Parcells boys were on the team last year, not including Chad or J Abe because as has been pointed out here NUMEROUS TIMES, they were out alot of the year..This is Herms team, his guys, oh wait, BRADWAYS, but the fact is the team he WALKED INTO doesn't exist anymore..

Problem is, one of the owners of this site (Owner not to be named) is a huge Herm hater who LOVES to bash from everything from BBQs to clocks.

There is a scary point as a fan where you think you know more than the 100 or so professionals on the team do.

Of course, all of them post on the web! :)

BZ

Problem is, one of the owners of this site (Owner not to be named) is a huge Herm hater who LOVES to bash from everything from BBQs to clocks.

There is a scary point as a fan where you think you know more than the 100 or so professionals on the team do.

Of course, all of them post on the web! :)

BZ

to borrow a line from Garb, "BINGO"

All right, I'll bite...answer me this, how many of Parcells boys were on the team last year, not including Chad or J Abe because as has been pointed out here NUMEROUS TIMES, they were out alot of the year..This is Herms team, his guys, oh wait, BRADWAYS, but the fact is the team he WALKED INTO doesn't exist anymore..

Mawae,Martin,Fergy and Ellis! Ok forget Chad and

Abe take the other 4 away do we make the playoffs??

Shaun Ellis

Jason Ferguson

Curtis Martin (hey, you love him)

Kevin Mawae

Jason Fabini

Jerald Sowell

Anthony Becht

Chad Pennington

John Abraham

If you think Chad & Abe contributed nothing to the Jets winning enough games to back into the playoffs, then this is a fruitless discussion. Quincy Carter & Bryan Thomas were not quite the sparkplugs that took this team over the top a la Tom Brady over Bledsoe or Kurt Warner over Trent Green.

This represents 3/4 of their D-line, their starting QB, HB, FB, and TE. He also brought in Coles, who Herm felt was so dispensible ("We need to get bigger at WR" - brilliant statement to the media, when the guy wasn't under contract) that they traded to get him back again.

Basically, I count 9 starters out of 22 that were present from before this staff arrived four years ago.

Shaun Ellis

Jason Ferguson

Curtis Martin (hey, you love him)

Kevin Mawae

Jason Fabini

Jerald Sowell

Anthony Becht

Chad Pennington

John Abraham

If you think Chad & Abe contributed nothing to the Jets winning enough games to back into the playoffs, then this is a fruitless discussion. Quincy Carter & Bryan Thomas were not quite the sparkplugs that took this team over the top a la Tom Brady over Bledsoe or Kurt Warner over Trent Green.

This represents 3/4 of their D-line, their starting QB, HB, FB, and TE. He also brought in Coles, who Herm felt was so dispensible ("We need to get bigger at WR" - brilliant statement to the media, when the guy wasn't under contract) that they traded to get him back again.

Basically, I count 9 starters out of 22 that were present from before this staff arrived four years ago.

although it is hard to take someone named SPERM serious, I stand corrected..

Shaun Ellis..correct

Jason Ferguson..also correct, a Parcells gem

Curtis Martin (hey, you love him)..on his downside, remember?

Kevin Mawae..was he a Parcells acquisition?

Jason Fabini..Please, he sucks

Jerald Sowell..good yerar LAST year

Anthony Becht..ARE YOU TRYING TO HELP ME WITH THIS ONE?

Chad Pennington,John Abraham.. back into the playoffs? of course they helped us MAKE the playoffs before being injured, but don't forget, Chad didn't even play till Parcells was gone

SPERM, your momma must be proud of you for changing your given name to SPERM...

Archived