Maginini: Chad's The Starter -- MERGED

PhinHater

Most fans only blame the QB... its just the way it works... most educated football fans want to boo the whole team... but dont... sad but true...

The whole team needs to be booed. Chad is part of that. What's the issue?

That because we have a double-digit # of players doing crappy that means Chad is immune to losing his job?

This is the message: everyone's job is on the line except Chad Pennington.

He's spent the better part of two months replacing just about no one in the starting lineup. So now he (allegedly) wants to make some changes & will bypass making the most obvious one?

Fans have a right to boo this crappy product on the field. Chad is a huge part of that product.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i am not sure i understand...

its okay to boo chad.. when last week he really showed some good stuff in the first half?

does that mean the crowd will also boo the defense when it comes out.. because, golly gee, they have looked like amazingly stinky doo-doo the last game... actually i take that back.. the D is great! ... they just cant stop the run or the pass.. otherwise ..they rock!

i will not boo my team.. any aspect.

we need to support them when they are down... it is totally maddening when they lose... and it seems like that is ALL they are good at this year.. BUT you willnot see me boo them..

period.

I spend approximately $275 for every home game between two tix, parking, food, beer. gas and tolls. I feel as if I am getting robbed and if the product on the field is complete and utter garbage, I will voice my displeasure. It is my right to be heard about the value (or lack thereof) that I am getting for my money. Since the Jets already have everybody's cash, this is the one way to let Woody and his minions know that we demand better.

I will voice my displeasure. It is my right to be heard about the value (or lack thereof) that I am getting for my money. Since the Jets already have everybody's cash, this is the one way to let Woody and his minions know that we demand better.

Since I will be out of town..Can you try to be twice as loud in order to include me?

That because we have a double-digit # of players doing crappy that means Chad is immune to losing his job?

He's spent the better part of two months replacing just about no one in the starting lineup. So now he (allegedly) wants to make some changes & will bypass making the most obvious one?

Fans have a right to boo this crappy product on the field. Chad is a huge part of that product.

I know... boo them all though dammit! :lol:

Like my new avatar?

I spend approximately $275 for every home game between two tix, parking, food, beer. gas and tolls. I feel as if I am getting robbed and if the product on the field is complete and utter garbage, I will voice my displeasure. It is my right to be heard about the value (or lack thereof) that I am getting for my money. Since the Jets already have everybody's cash, this is the one way to let Woody and his minions know that we demand better.

you are both absolutely right... you have the right to boo..

but i also have the right to be disgusted at the people who boo ;)

i just dont think boo-ing does anything to help the players. lol.. must be the teacher in me :D

although if you are tired of spending money on a broken product .. you usually turn it in and try a different brand... jet fans are gluttons for punishment...

if you are worried about getting the most out of your money.. you would just follow the most successful team each year.

fandom is about heartache and happiness... we just dont get to see that happiness very often! OY!

i am not sure i understand...

its okay to boo chad.. when last week he really showed some good stuff in the first half?

does that mean the crowd will also boo the defense when it comes out.. because, golly gee, they have looked like amazingly stinky doo-doo the last game... actually i take that back.. the D is great! ... they just cant stop the run or the pass.. otherwise ..they rock!

i will not boo my team.. any aspect.

we need to support them when they are down... it is totally maddening when they lose... and it seems like that is ALL they are good at this year.. BUT you willnot see me boo them..

period.

she's got a point boys

I am officially done with this Jets season and focusing solely on Oregon football. This is absurd, how the hell can he possibly justify still playing Chad? Everyone at the stadium Sunday should start a "We Want Kellen" chant.

No... then he will keep starting Chad just to make sure nobody thinks it wasnt his decision to bench him...

Mangini is an idiot.

look at positive side!!!

1-15 is in reach and jets will get 1st overall pick;)

I dont want #1... too much money,.... too much risk... give me two late 1st round picks... so what Im saying is... if they get #1... trade down...

Really, here is how I look at it.

Mangini is the one that is going to write his own ticket whether he has a long tenure or a short tenure at the helm of this club. As such, he deserves the opportunity to do things his way". Coaches don't succeed by listening to fans. Now, that doesn't mean the fans are wrong.

Most people, as I recall, gave Mangini carte blanche with this club to mold it to his ideal. I can't back down from that assessment today.

Last year earned Mangini carte blanche until end of 2008 season, in my estimation. If this club is not properly molded at that time, it is time for Mangini to go.

As SouthernJet famously says....tick, tick, tick,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I dont want #1... too much money,.... too much risk... give me two late 1st round picks... so what Im saying is... if they get #1... trade down...

We need pro bowlers. If that first pick gets us a Peyton Manning or a Troy Aikman we would be fools to pass up on it. But if we can drop down to #4 get McFadden and then pick up a stud QB like around #7 I would do that. But it is hard to get two good picks. The Texans couldn't even trade down with all the Bush hype so they just gave up and picked Williams, which was the right decision. I just wonder if our fanbase and media wouldn't have run the FO out of town for it.

My gut feeling is that Chad will start the Dallas game unless he has a 4-5 interception melt down. I hope I'm wrong, but every week it seems Chad starts.

And I guess Grady isn't coming in for a look. At this point, Mangini doesn't look like he's molding anything. He looks like a lost coach about to get fired if he doesn't make the playoffs next season.

My gut feeling is that Chad will start the Dallas game unless he has a 4-5 interception melt down. I hope I'm wrong, but every week it seems Chad starts.

And I guess Grady isn't coming in for a look. At this point, Mangini doesn't look like he's molding anything. He looks like a lost coach about to get fired if he doesn't make the playoffs next season.

i wish that I could name one FA that Manigni has brought in and has become an impact player...Check that...I would settle for visible.

We need pro bowlers. If that first pick gets us a Peyton Manning or a Troy Aikman we would be fools to pass up on it. But if we can drop down to #4 get McFadden and then pick up a stud QB like around #7 I would do that. But it is hard to get two good picks. The Texans couldn't even trade down with all the Bush hype so they just gave up and picked Williams, which was the right decision. I just wonder if our fanbase and media wouldn't have run the FO out of town for it.

The Browns and Bills I felt had a hell of a draft last year, Pouluzny has the potential IMO to be a pro-bowler once he gets healthy and Quinn at 22 was a steal.

It is tough to draft 2 studs, but it can be done.

Especially if a certain overated undersized MLB gets traded for some picks!!!

This may have been mentioned -- I didn't read the whole thread. But the Vilma stuff is interesting. Either Cimini or Hutch asked about it in the press conference I forget who.

But Mangini seemed to be going out of his way to say that an injury is impacting Vilma's performance. Vilma wants everyone to believe otherwise.

I would think that would be the other way around. Usually Mangini is the one to say injuries are not an excuse. And the player would say what do you want from me I am not at 100%.

Strange. The joys of a 1 win season!

This may have been mentioned -- I didn't read the whole thread. But the Vilma stuff is interesting. Either Cimini or Hutch asked about it in the press conference I forget who.

But Mangini seemed to be going out of his way to say that an injury is impacting Vilma's performance. Vilma wants everyone to believe otherwise.

I would think that would be the other way around. Usually Mangini is the one to say injuries are not an excuse. And the player would say what do you want from me I am not at 100%.

Strange. The joys of a 1 win season!

Haha, I know. It sucks beyond sucking!!!!

spermy, you are one of the more educated and well respected posters here, definitely more knowledgable then i. Do me a favor, just because i would like to see this, if you could look at the full starting roster on O, D, and ST and list from most in need to least in need those who need to be changed or benched, and for those who you have no opinion or not enough knowledge of can be labeled don't know. I would like to see who you think is the biggest to least problem on the team. Like I said i am not as knowledgable and i definitely can not get that granular, but my list would maybe start with everyone on the dline, then some players on the rest of the D with a few oline players sprinkled in before i got to CP.

Archived