interesting point by the ahole Lupica

Matt39

Listen for the final time.......ARod>Jeter and it's not even open for debate.

Yank fans, like many Jets fans always need a goat. Go look up Willie Mays post season stats.... Yanks don't sniff the play-offs without ARod this year.

Yanks like Pats fans are spoiled by a run that has been over for a while now.

you're a joke. the pats run is over??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen for the final time.......ARod>Jeter and it's not even open for debate.

Yank fans, like many Jets fans always need a goat. Go look up Willie Mays post season stats.... Yanks don't sniff the play-offs without ARod this year.

Yanks like Pats fans are spoiled by a run that has been over for a while now.

:rl:

Where did Matt even mention Jeter in his post? LMFAO! You hate the guy - we get it!!

Not that I hate him, just laugh at the fact last year many tried to call Jeter a better player than ARod.....this year hopefully that notion has been soundly put to rest.

Why did you even bring that up? Totally irrelevant.

BTW, I take Jeter over Arod every day of the week. Sorry.

When Arod doesnt choke in the postseason for the Yankees, lemme know.

This notion that the Yankees will collapse without Arod is ridiculous. Arod isnt the Yankees.

If Arod wants to come back, I'll be happy to embrace him. If he doesnt then it wouldnt bother me either.

Arod is defintely annoyed that the Yankees and the Yankee fans arent begging him to come back.

There wont be any Arod rallies in Time Square for him, thats for sure.

The Yankees would not have made the playoffs this season if it was not for ARod. So, I'm not sure what you mean by "collapse". Do you mean lose 90 games? If so, then you are right. But ARod is the best player on that team and it is not remotely close. They will be worse once he is gone.

Remember this whenever Eric Chavez or Hank Blalock is manning third base and hitting .240.

His claim is that Justin Pedroia is superior ballplayer to Alex Rodriguez. Which over 1 game, one at bat, or even one series might hold true. But as an objective statement, it is preposterously stupid.

I think you need to reread Lupica article again. He never said NOR claimed that. He mearly pointed out what most non bias people already know: ARod sucks in the post season.

The Yankees would not have made the playoffs this season if it was not for ARod. So, I'm not sure what you mean by "collapse". Do you mean lose 90 games? If so, then you are right. But ARod is the best player on that team and it is not remotely close. They will be worse once he is gone.

Remember this whenever Eric Chavez or Hank Blalock is manning third base and hitting .240.

The Yankees will win 90+ games with or without Arod next year.

I absolutley LOVE how Yankee haters favorite player now is Arod. LOL.

The Mets/Cubs/whatever other loser franchise can take him. Seriously TAKE HIM. The Yankees couldnt care less if he walks away.

Alfonso Soriano is the best player on your team and its not remotely close. Guess what, I dont want him on my team either.

The Yankees will win 90+ games with or without Arod next year.

I absolutley LOVE how Yankee haters favorite player now is Arod. LOL.

The Mets/Cubs/whatever other loser franchise can take him. Seriously TAKE HIM. The Yankees couldnt care less if he walks away.

They wouldn't have won 90 games this year if it wasn't for ARod. Why will they next year, with 50 homers and 150 RBIs missing from the middle of their lineup? They won't.

They wouldn't have won 90 games this year if it wasn't for ARod. Why will they next year, with 50 homers and 150 RBIs missing from the middle of their lineup? They won't.

Yeah, this year. They won 90+ with Aaron Boone. Nobody in NY as a Yankee fan is worrying about Arod opting out. They won before him and theyll win after him.

Alfonso Soriano is the best player on your team and its not remotely close. Guess what, I dont want him on my team either.

Alfonso is better than Matsui. Not sure why you wouldn't want him.

And the gap between Fonzie, ARam, and DLee is FAR smaller than the gap between ARod, Jeter, Abreu, Melky, etc.

Alfonso is better than Matsui. Not sure why you wouldn't want him.

And the gap between Fonzie, ARam, and DLee is FAR smaller than the gap between ARod, Jeter, Abreu, Melky, etc.

Ramirez is a p*ssy so he doesnt count.

Arod is the best player in baseball no one wants. Seriously, if Pinella loves him so much he can take him for 30 mill. Seriously, TAKE HIM.

He doesnt hit good pitching. He hits well off of mediocre to bad pitching.

Paul Byrd embarassed him. Paul FACKING Byrd. EMBARASSED HIM.

Yeah, this year. They won 90+ with Aaron Boone. Nobody in NY as a Yankee fan is worrying about Arod opting out. They won before him and theyll win after him.

Yes, they also had Mo in his prime, Pettite in his prime, and Roger Clemens was about twice the pitcher he was this year.

Oh, yeah, and Jason Giambi and Alfonso Soriano combined to hit 79 homers.

Good luck getting a repeat of that next season.

Yes, they also had Mo in his prime, Pettite in his prime, and Roger Clemens was about twice the pitcher he was this year.

Oh, yeah, and Jason Giambi and Alfonso Soriano combined to hit 79 homers.

Good luck getting a repeat of that next season.

The Yankees will make the 'offs again next year. Im willing to bet that right now.

This might be false, but someone brought up on the radio today that Arod hit 98% of his home runs off of righties this year.

Ramirez is a p*ssy so he doesnt count.

Arod is the best player in baseball no one wants. Seriously, if Pinella loves him so much he can take him for 30 mill. Seriously, TAKE HIM.

He doesnt hit good pitching. He hits well off of mediocre to bad pitching.

Paul Byrd embarassed him. Paul FACKING Byrd. EMBARASSED HIM.

Paul FACKING Byrd embarassed Derek Jeter too. Why don't you want to get rid of him?

Oh, that's right. Because he happened to play short for some teams that had GREAT pitching about a decade ago.

And that pussy Aramis Ramirez would be the second best hitter on your Yanks.

Paul FACKING Byrd embarassed Derek Jeter too. Why don't you want to get rid of him?

Oh, that's right. Because he happened to play short for some teams that had GREAT pitching about a decade ago.

And that pussy Aramis Ramirez would be the second best hitter on your Yanks.

Aramis Ramirez plays half a season, so no, he doesnt count.

Jeter at least made contact against Byrd. Arod wiffed, twice. He was embarassing.

The Yankees will make the 'offs again next year. Im willing to bet that right now.

This might be false, but someone brought up on the radio today that Arod hit 98% of his home runs off of righties this year.

I'm not saying they will miss the playoffs if ARod walks. But they are going to have to do a LOT in the offseason to become a playoff team without him.

Aramis Ramirez plays half a season, so no, he doesnt count.

Jeter at least made contact against Byrd. Arod wiffed, twice. He was embarassing.

Since 2001, Aramis has played in 158, 142, 159, 145, 123, 157, and 132 games. That comes out to an average of about one DL trip a year. He's not the most durable guy in the world, but don't mistake him for Chipper Jones.

The last thing the Yankees and Arod need is a shiny new 300 million dollar contract/30 mill a year.

It's just too much damn pressure on both the team and Arod himself. The guy just doesnt get it. The minute he strikes out again with the game on the line w/his 30 mill a yr deal, he's gonna get railed harder than ever by both the press and the fans. On top of that, then the rest of the team will have to answer and deal with his ridiculous act. It is a disaster waiting to happen - AGAIN.

Can we just get some f'ing guys who want to play baseball and not a money grubbing whore posterboy?

The last thing the Yankees and Arod need is a shiny new 300 million dollar contract/30 mill a year.

It's just too much damn pressure on both the team and Arod himself. The guy just doesnt get it. The minute he strikes out again with the game on the line w/his 30 mill a yr deal, he's gonna get railed harder than ever by both the press and the fans. On top of that, then the rest of the team will have to answer and deal with his ridiculous act. It is a disaster waiting to happen - AGAIN.

Can we just get some f'ing guys who want to play baseball and not a money grubbing whore posterboy?

Isn't Derek Jeter making like $21 million?

Yes, give the singles hitter that plays mediocre short $21 million, but don't give the best baseball player on the entire ****ing planet nine million more.

Isn't Derek Jeter making like $21 million?

Yes, give the singles hitter that plays mediocre short $21 million, but don't give the best baseball player on the entire ****ing planet nine million more.

Jeter has won, he deserves every penny. As for Arod.....

Best player on the entire ****ing planet my a##. If he was the best player "in the entire effing planet" he would show up when it counts. He doesnt, therefore he isnt.

And yes, I'll take Jeter w/his 4 rings and WS MVP award over ChokeRod. Thank you very much.

Carry this drivel to it's logical conclusion. Yeah, let's see any GM trade A-rod for Pedroia. David Eckstein too. Or Eric Byrnes. Yes, who ever the hard-nosed, throwback white guy is today is better by miles than Alex Rodriguez. A team full of hard-nosed throwback little white guys would beat a team of A-rods, right?

Is there a carbon monoxide leak in Lupica's Connecticut mansion(Lupica hasn't darkened a stadium or arena doorway spare the US Open in years) or something?

Like it or not baseball is a team game. Pay-rod hits unbelievably well in the regular season, and his teammates count on that. They know going in that they can count on him to come through when he shows up to the park. I'm not saying that they don't need to count on each other, only that they know they have a great player with them.

By him never showing up to the playoffs, the rest of the team takes note and already know they cannot count on him.

You take your shots at the little white guys, or the under achievers. I don't care, those are the guys that always seem to come threw with two outs down by one in a big game. Having guys like A-rod help you get there. Having guys like Eckstein help you win it. It's no wonder Eckstein has 2 rings and pay-rod has none. He is a tremendous role player, and his teammates know that he will hit 280 in the regular season and around 300 in the playoffs.

How does Robert Horry have 6 rings? he isn't the best player, but he's a great teammate, he comes through in the clutch, unlike a-rod who will never see a ring since he folds at the very hint of October baseball.

Pay him his money, he sells tickets and jerseys, just know that you will never win a title with him.

Eckstein and ARod are both .278 post season hitters. ARod despite the abuse has hit over .300 in 4 of his 10 post season series. Post seasons are full of mediocre players ala Eckstein who have a good WS every once in a while.

I will guarantee ARod dwarfs Eckstein when all is said and done. Lots of great players have had bad post season starts to their career.... some never breakout. Willie Mays hit .242 with 1 HR....I am sure if he was a 07 Yankee some would be calling for him to go as well.

Robert Horry has a 8 point per game avg in his play-off career and just happened to hit a couple of 3 pointers in a big spot while surrounded with the BEST players in the game.

ARod was far from the main problem in the Cleveland series.....some Yank fans just cannot bring themselves to correctly name the true goats.

ARod was far from the main problem in the Cleveland series.....some Yank fans just cannot bring themselves to correctly name the true goats.

Mets fans were waiting for the day for Jeter to have a bad postseason. They finally got their wish. As if Jeters struggles this year makes Arod embarassing performance any better. The whole team sht the bed at the plate, Arod just happens to do it every year in the 'offs since becomming a Yankee.

Paul Byrd was making him look foolish. Twice.

Bartons right, giving this guy 30 mill a year in NY is a recipe for disaster. Being married to Arod for 12 years is not a good idea.

The Yankees will move on from Arod. This false sense that the Yankees will collapse once Arod leaves is ridiculous.

The Yankees will move on from Arod. This false sense that the Yankees will collapse once Arod leaves is ridiculous.

Nobody is saying that the Yankees will collapse without him, they are too well run for that.

However, without A-Rod, the Yankees are certainly a less dangerous team in 2008.

Nobody is saying that the Yankees will collapse without him, they are too well run for that.

However, without A-Rod, the Yankees are certainly a less dangerous team in 2008.

True. Arod had a spectactular year. But put it this way, the Sox losing Manny or Ortiz would be a much bigger blow than the Yanks losing Arod.

Arod carried the Yanks in April due to the rest of the team completely sucking at the plate during the month. I give him all the credit in the world for that. Abreu, Damon, Melky and Cano all did jack for the first month of the season. I wouldnt expect that to happene again.

you know who was a more dangerous team than the yankees this year and the preceding 5 years?

The 96 yanks, complete with a rookie, in jeter, mariano duncan (journeyman), tino martinez (quality player, nothing special until the playoffs), Bernie (steps up huge in big games, until the last couple trips), charlie hayes, an aging wade boggs, Paul O'neil (huge be game player)

these guys had a tremendous amount of heart and hustle, played the count well. I want the yankees to get back to these types. Overpaying for a playoff loser like a-rod doesn't win rings, he's proven that so many times.

Mets fans were waiting for the day for Jeter to have a bad postseason. They finally got their wish. As if Jeters struggles this year makes Arod embarassing performance any better. The whole team sht the bed at the plate, Arod just happens to do it every year in the 'offs since becomming a Yankee.

Paul Byrd was making him look foolish. Twice.

Bartons right, giving this guy 30 mill a year in NY is a recipe for disaster. Being married to Arod for 12 years is not a good idea.

Waiting? Jeter has hit .250 or under in 9 of his 25 post season series.

He is a .309 post season hitter.....basically a slightly worse post season player than regular season. ARod has hit lower than .250 in 2 of his 10 series and is a .279 hitter.

Who do you think will have better numbers once ARod has 25 series under his belt?

I'm not saying the Yanks need to give in to Boras but he doesn't deserve this post season as the basis for not going after him hard.

Waiting? Jeter has hit .250 or under in 9 of his 25 post season series.

He is a .309 post season hitter.....basically a slightly worse post season player than regular season. ARod has hit lower than .250 in 2 of his 10 series and is a .279 hitter.

Who do you think will have better numbers once ARod has 25 series under his belt?

I'm not saying the Yanks need to give in to Boras but he doesn't deserve this post season as the basis for not going after him hard.

Arod's been garbage for the Yankees in the postseason. Embarassing performances.

How Jeter relates to that, I dont know.

Archived