Bill Cowher Anyone?

PeterNorth09

That's my point. I don't think there's gonna be many of the same guys around next year under Mangini either. 20 is a little far fetched, but I don't expect Vilma, Chad, Dyson, Barrett, and a host of others. The thing is, you're all friggin spoiled as hell because we won some games last year when we really should not have. We STUNK last year. The problem is we played all the teams that stunk even worse than us. There were plenty AFC teams that didn't make the playoffs that were hands down better than us. Mangini is rebuilding through the draft, and thus far he's had 2 of the best drafts we've seen since the infamous 4 1st round picks. We stink this year because the team that Mangini inherited was ATROCIOUS! It will take time! With the cap room we have I believe we're going to make some noise in both the draft and FA. This team will be vastly different, and it will be Mangini's team. That's when you really start judging him.

Quite frankly, the only reason that I feel this ridiculous nonsense is being discussed is becasue he is unwilling to bench Chad. If he benched Chad 2 games go none of this "fire Mangini" crap would be going on. I can't stand Chad as a player. I wish he would bench him. I am so sick of watching him that I actually do start wishing he'd get some minor injury that takes him out for at least a couple games. I feel like a bad person for wanting that, but I can't take watching games with Chad at the helm much longer. That part I am completely at odds with Mangini. But I am not going to throw away everything about him a year and a half into his tenure. That's just plain ridiculous.

the problem is Mangini is too stubborn to bench a QB who is a nice guy but

who cannot throw an NFL pass. Opposing teams do not have to scheme

when playing us.. it's like a week off for our opponents.

I do not believe Jets will be able to attract any significant FA's... Mangini

runs a brutal camp and these so called stars do not want to work hard in training camp.

Last year it appeared to me that Mangini was able to make 2nd half

adjustments.. this year he appears to be clueless.

if we go 1-15 he should be booted..

And a young inexperienced head coach, like all of those you mentioned when they first got their jobs, has had a year and a half here. Thanks for proving my point for me. Those fans were willing to be patient. But we're Jets' fans, apparently it's not in our DNA.

As another poster posted, BB had to get run out of town before he got better. As for the others, I doubt they managed to equal their year 1 losses by 7 games into year 2. Their are far more crappy coaches that flame out after 1 year than their are coaches that get better. Do you really want 5 years ok Kotite, Spurrier or Saban?

As another poster posted, BB had to get run out of town before he got better. As for the others, I doubt they managed to equal their year 1 losses by 7 games into year 2. Their are far more crappy coaches that flame out after 1 year than their are coaches that get better. Do you really want 5 years ok Kotite, Spurrier or Saban?

I'll give this tandem of Mangini and Tanni another season. But if they go into next season having not addressed the DL and OL once again, I'd start to assume we have idiots running the show. And bringing in other teams scrubs and practice stars isn't addressing the problem. If they don't do anything to improve the team this coming off season, what is the point in winning 8-9 games next year? We'd be in the same cycle as always. A 7-9 win team.

This team should win 7-9 games this season, Mangini and staff are doing a horrible job and Chad has struggled. So they might win 3-4 at this point. But regardless I don't want to hear more bull next season if they don't bother to fix anything and wind up 9-7. People will be praising the staff for nothing and we'll still be stuck in the forever 7-9 win Jets philosophy. This off season has to be a Patriots splash. The Pats brought in a ton of WRs and Adalis Thomas. Right now they are 7-0 and look like a team who made the right moves. If the Jets can't make the splashy right moves this off season, I could care less what record they have next year because we'll still be stuck in the "happy with 9 wins" every freaking year.

Cowher took the Steelers to two Super Bowls, one championship, and six AFC title games, despite coaching for a cheap owner that rarely retained their own free agents. Cowher had to rebuild that team repeatedly.

Wow, 10 whole years to win a championship. As opposed to 40.

You are right about the Steelers' cheap owners and how the rarely retained their own free agents. But what makes you think the JETS are any better? The Pete Kendall situation is the 1st thing that comes to mind when I think about the JETS FO.

Regardless, I don't think Cowher is ready to jump back in this year but I guess that would depend on the panthers' coaching situation.

You are right about the Steelers' cheap owners and how the rarely retained their own free agents. But what makes you think the JETS are any better? The Pete Kendall situation is the 1st thing that comes to mind when I think about the JETS FO.

Regardless, I don't think Cowher is ready to jump back in this year but I guess that would depend on the panthers' coaching situation.

Yes i'm worried that Cowher will go to Car

Can anyone on this board deny that mangina ruined this season? This

is some of the worst coaching i have ever seen.

The rumor was originally that Cowher was going to come back next year as the coach of the Giants after Coughlin got fired. Barring a major collapse and turn of events, it looks like Coughlin is there to stay. So that leaves the question? Where will Bill Cowher go?

I know this is an extremely pro-Mangini site and I know Mangini will be the coach here probably for the next 10-20 years. However, the guy and his coaching staff really look lost this season. Cowher is a terrific coach and the Jets need to make a bold move like this if they ever want to even put up a fight against the Pats.

So why not go after Cowher?

Shave my testicles. Why not?

It took him over 10 years to win a championship with the Steelers and you want him here? Go back to drooling over players we could have drafted, like Marcus McNeil, Winston Justice, and Matt Leinart. Oh wait, they all suck this year :rolleyes:

This clearly shows all of your football knowledge. How many SB have the Jets won in the past 10 years? and how many did we even make it to? Cower would be a great coach here.

This clearly shows all of your football knowledge. How many SB have the Jets won in the past 10 years? and how many did we even make it to? Cower would be a great coach here.

there is no question cower is a great coach. but i dont see the diffrence between him and mangini. not that much of a trade off

there is no question cower is a great coach. but i dont see the diffrence between him and mangini. not that much of a trade off

You have no clue do you. I guess Mangini is on par with BB, Bill Parcell's, Joe Gibbs, and Bill Walsh too according to you.

Archived