Call Of Duty 4 better on PS3?

vinnys025

I read somewhere that COD4 (my most anticipated game) is going to be the first game that is equal to or even better on the PS3. Ecurb, I'm sure you have some info on this, any truth to this? If this is the case, I might do a trade in and get my 40GB PS3 for 399 on the 2nd of November when they go on sale. The reasonable price, accompanied with this game might be the turning point for me to make the switch. Not only that, but Socom exclusive for PS3, and for the 100th time I HATE THIS F'ING CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

399 for a 40GB ps3 and blu ray player....if the games truly are becoming similar then its a no brainier. I think I just might be on board November 2nd.

If you want to play...

SOCOM

Metal Gear

Gran Turismo

and more...

You need that PS3 Vinny!

The real difference here is Xbox live vs PSN. You get what you pay for and I know how PS2 network was with cheaters. They would let them cheat for months before trying to clean it up. Also, the xbox live network is more reliable....please prove me wrong.

The real difference here is Xbox live vs PSN. You get what you pay for and I know how PS2 network was with cheaters. They would let them cheat for months before trying to clean it up. Also, the xbox live network is more reliable....please prove me wrong.

PSN is very reliable... and its completely different from the PS2 version... I have never had any cheater problems either... they have "mods"

Lets agree on this....it looks like one of the best war games ever made to date....on EITHER system. I just read that it will be more of a run and gun/respawn type game. I'm more into the team bases matchups with strategy, one life only per match, and sniping, ect... like socom was.

all things being equal the xbox controller is a better design

my stock in trade are my wrists and fingers I can't go back to PS until they do something with that controller.

The PS3 one would be good if they had triggers and a smaller analog stick. I like the 360's better too, but I guess it could just be personal opinion and what you're used to. By the way, I own at the guessing game, bastard!

So you can't use the ps2 type controller on the ps3? It has a new shape?

You can use the PS2 controller on the PS3, you'd just have to buy one of these: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=802566

As for the controller, here's a picture of it:

ps3_e32006_controller--screenshot_large.jpg

You can't tell by the picture much, but the R2 and L2 are more of a trigger and there is a PS button in the middle of the controller that's essentially the same as 360's big X in the middle. Also, the PS3's controller is EXTREMELY light. It also has six-axis motion sensing, although that isn't very good. I tried it with a Stuntman demo and it didn't work great for steering at all, even at 10 sensitivity.

Honestly, you should just go into your local electronics store and just feel the controller at the PS3 booth. Just don't go to the Best Buy ones as someone keeps on pulling the controller off the plug.

You can use the PS2 controller on the PS3, you'd just have to buy one of these: http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=802566

As for the controller, here's a picture of it:

ps3_e32006_controller--screenshot_large.jpg

You can't tell by the picture much, but the R2 and L2 are more of a trigger and there is a PS button in the middle of the controller that's essentially the same as 360's big X in the middle. Also, the PS3's controller is EXTREMELY light. It also has six-axis motion sensing, although that isn't very good. I tried it with a Stuntman demo and it didn't work great for steering at all, even at 10 sensitivity.

Honestly, you should just go into your local electronics store and just feel the controller at the PS3 booth. Just don't go to the Best Buy ones as someone keeps on pulling the controller off the plug.

So what you saying is....someone is going around to every best buy store....pulling plugs out of ps3 machines? Conspiracy?

So what you saying is....someone is going around to every best buy store....pulling plugs out of ps3 machines? Conspiracy?

Near me at least. But the 360 hasn't really fared much better. The good thing about pulling the PS3's plugs out are you can still play the PS3 you just can't charge the controller. And BestBuy doesn't care as the PS3 people come in and replace the controllers for free.

Anyone have this yet for the PS3? Reviews?

I heard that the major gripe is that the single player is only 5 hours and there have been a few problems with some people connecting online. I don't know the validity to these statements, though. Also, Tabor, download the Uncharted demo and the apple theme with firmware 2.00!

Lets agree on this....it looks like one of the best war games ever made to date....on EITHER system. I just read that it will be more of a run and gun/respawn type game. I'm more into the team bases matchups with strategy, one life only per match, and sniping, ect... like socom was.

That is the type of game that i like!! I like Halo 3, but i like the more realistic shooter!

I have the xbox360 version and I have had no problems online, maybe the 50 bucks a month does go a long way in online maintenance. This game is amazing!!! One of the best shooters I've ever played. MUCH better than any of the Halo's and almost as good as Socom 2....very close. Graphics are the best I've ever seen on any game. Very addicting game for sure.

When it comes to first person shooters its all about PC. The gap will never close. Doom 3, Unreal Tourney, Counter Strike, Half Life, doesnt matter, there will always be a more powerful PC than a home gaming system. Sure with PS3 & Xbox the gap kinda shrunk but with the new line of video cards & processors coming out just to play Crysis you can forget about it. PS3 may be sporting Cell but for the time it takes to realease the next generation console, the home PC would have advanced far beyond. I mean i just picked up and 4.2 GHz processor and that is apparantly old now. 4.2!!! Dual Cores are taking over everything. Before max harddrive space was like 60GB, 80GB if you were looking to store alot. Now adays i fill up 80 GB no problem in a day. Systems come standard now with at least 120 GB. theres just more power you can put into a PC. The games you play on your Xbox and PS3 are made on a PC. I still think we havent seen what PS3 can do. i feel like they havent really pushed the machine with any of its releases. Assassins Creed look good but i wasnt really blown away. Crysis looks like its gonna make people have to completely upgrade their computer systems. thats when you know a game is pushing the graphics level. when your custom made PC with the latest hardware and filled to the brim with power can't even run it. thats how Doom 3 did it. they forced people to advance with them.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard that the major gripe is that the single player is only 5 hours and there have been a few problems with some people connecting online. I don't know the validity to these statements, though. Also, Tabor, download the Uncharted demo and the apple theme with firmware 2.00!

I have to try Uncharted. The graphics look sick.

• 4 weeks later...

I got for 360 over the holidays. It isn't much different in my opinion. I just have to get used to the 360 controller and there are some different settings that you fight in on team deathmatch. If you play it on 360 and go to ps3 you will see some setting we fight in on there, that 360 doesn't have. I guess that's the only difference. I just have to get my poimnts total up on 360 because as of now I have pretty crappy weapons.

Archived