K Igawa or DiceK

afosomf

You forgot he also hit for 2 rbi :)

The last Red Sox pitcher to do so? Babe Ruth....

just sayin'

So, you are saying he will be sold to the Yankees so Theo can fund a remake of Na-Na Nanette and then become the 2nd best Yankee player ever and the Red Sox will not win another series for 84 years?

So, you are saying he will be sold to the Yankees so Theo can fund a remake of Na-Na Nanette and then become the 2nd best Yankee player ever and the Red Sox will not win another series for 84 years?

So you're saying the Yankees will want to BUY the contract(and, mind you, the "talking rights") to Dice-K? :)

But no...Theo wouldnt let Dice-K go...it's obvious he is the Japanese Babe Ruth.

;)

One of them just won game 3 of the World Series.

Awful signing.

He won that game despite himself. No overpowering performance seen. Maybe these teams will figure out that Sushi land, is not a breeding ground for great pitchers. The Red Sux are stuck with that contract for a few years. It will be hilarious to see that one play out. Igawa is another steaming pile of crap. Just not as expensive.

Funny. reminded of Hammers post

" i think the janks were playing Possum by signing Igawa"

ya think Theo made right decision now?

with that said, F the Sux F the pats

F the whole cesspool of a city called Bastun.

F the accent too

Ham doesn't post here anymore apparently. You can post this in the old country for him though.

He pitched 5 mediocre innings and got lucky that Josh Fogg was pitching against him. He was mediocre all year.

Again, not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Like Beckett last year, he was hit or miss all year. He cut his teeth this year. He went from pitching every 6 days to a new culture and pitching every 5 days in Boston. North American playuers have trouble going from small markets to NY/Boston. He had to do it with the expectations of a 100 million hanging over his head.

Like with Beckett the year before, he showed enough that there is no reason not to expect better things next year.

So you're saying the Yankees will want to BUY the contract(and, mind you, the "talking rights") to Dice-K? :)

But no...Theo wouldnt let Dice-K go...it's obvious he is the Japanese Babe Ruth.

;)

I can see it now "The curse of the Dice Kino " . No Sox pennants for the next 90+ years. :biggrin:

i hope my post did not drive him out

i like hammer..you should try and entice him back

maybe you should ship him out some more JN T shirts;)

Ham is a good guy, I like him a lot. But he stopped posting here when he became a JI Mod. Not sure of the exact timing but I think he stopped posting here when baseball season started.

I wish he would post here I always enjoyed his stuff. But we are past trying to entice people to post here. We get accused of stealing posters when we do such things!

:shutit:

Again, not being able to see the forest for the trees.

Like Beckett last year, he was hit or miss all year. He cut his teeth this year. He went from pitching every 6 days to a new culture and pitching every 5 days in Boston. North American playuers have trouble going from small markets to NY/Boston. He had to do it with the expectations of a 100 million hanging over his head.

Like with Beckett the year before, he showed enough that there is no reason not to expect better things next year.

Except for the fact that Japanese pitchers don't get better in the majors. But all your inexact homer reasons point to him winning the cy young lol.

Hideki Okajima.

The defense rests.

You're kidding right? When the hell did he get better? He started out very well and then got worse as the season went on. There is no way he will ever match what he did in the first half of last season. NONE. Flukajima had a .87 ERA in the first half and a 4.57 in the 2nd NTM the 2 bomb homers he gave up in the series. He's a COMPLETE fluke.

Sasaki was in no way better in his 2nd season. Saito was better in some areas and worse in others. He was the closest to maintaining the same performance. However Flukajima was already correcting at the end of last season.

Sasaki's WHIP in his second season was .0885....walks went down by 20, Homers allowed went down...Saves went up. Saito was much better despite being injured.....try saying you were wrong in place of "maintaining".

Sasaki's WHIP in his second season was .0885....walks went down by 20, Homers allowed went down...Saves went up. Saito was much better despite being injured.....try saying you were wrong in place of "maintaining".

I would if I was wrong but i'm not. His k9 went down almost 3 points in his 2nd year which is clear evidence that his stuff was fooling less and less hitters. Same with Saito.

I would if I was wrong but i'm not. His k9 went down almost 3 points in his 2nd year which is clear evidence that his stuff was fooling less and less hitters. Same with Saito.

LOL....you have now supplanted all prior rubbish that you have posted....so K's is the only way a pitcher is allowed to retire hitters to rate in your book?

I'm done discussing after that one.

LOL....you have now supplanted all prior rubbish that you have posted....so K's is the only way a pitcher is allowed to retire hitters to rate in your book?

I'm done discussing after that one.

No it's not but k9 is a clear indication of how well a pitcher's stuff is fooling hitters. When that drops 3 points in a year it's clear that the hitters are catching up to a pitcher. And since both Sasaki and Saito have one outpitch it is clear that the more big league hitter saw them the more they layed off that pitch. BTW you should have a met/sox WS ring as your avatar just like crazy carl.

You're kidding right? When the hell did he get better? He started out very well and then got worse as the season went on. There is no way he will ever match what he did in the first half of last season. NONE. Flukajima had a .87 ERA in the first half and a 4.57 in the 2nd NTM the 2 bomb homers he gave up in the series. He's a COMPLETE fluke.

I thought you meant better here than Japan. My mistake. He will still be a top set-up man for the Red Sox for the next few years though.

Dice-K and Hideki Okajima are two of the bigger reasons the Red Sox won the World Series. Point blank, that is all that matters. They were tired and worn down from a long season neither one of them are used to. Did they whine and cry? No they went out took the ball when their manager asked them to and got crucial outs in big games. I'll take that on my team and it might be why the Yankees are in the situation they are in. The Red Sox are a team, the Yankees are individuals posing as a team.

It must be great to NEVER be wrong when it comes to baseball Mike. :roll:

Dice-K and Hideki Okajima are two of the bigger reasons the Red Sox won the World Series. Point blank, that is all that matters. They were tired and worn down from a long season neither one of them are used to. Did they whine and cry? No they went out took the ball when their manager asked them to and got crucial outs in big games. I'll take that on my team and it might be why the Yankees are in the situation they are in. The Red Sox are a team, the Yankees are individuals posing as a team.

Matsuzaka was the definition of mediocre and Flukeajima got bombed. What games were you watching?

I think Matsuzaka's going to be better next year, he'll be over and used to the transition and he'll tire out deeper into the season. He still might not be worth that huge contract though. And it looked to me like he pitched 5 good innings and then ran out of gas in the 6th. I think players will figure Okajima out; he might still be a decent reliever, but I don't think he'll be posting a sub 3 ERA again.

Archived