OK, We Are Now****OFICIALLY****Rebuilding

SoFlaJets

Only problem is they are doing a horrible job at rebuilding.

Amen brother.

I can't think of one single area besides center that Tangini has actually improved. I said that we sucked from watching the first team in the preseason and got killed for it. If the Tangini experiment is given one more year, that would be at least three more years of future damage for the next coach. I pray that more Jets fans decide to take the loss and stop attending games. It is the only way that Woody will get it.

Veteran fixtures that should stay:

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Jerricho Cotchery

SS Kerry Rhodes

Young building blocks:

LT D'Brickasaw Ferguson

C Nick Mangold

RB Leon Washington

ILB David Harris

CB Darrelle Revis

QB Kellen Clemens

WR Brad Smith

This is what we're rebuilding with. Every other position needs serious upgrade consideration. Did I miss anyone?

Veteran fixtures that should stay:

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Jerricho Cotchery

SS Kerry Rhodes

Young building blocks:

LT D'Brickasaw Ferguson

C Nick Mangold

RB Leon Washington

ILB David Harris

CB Darrelle Revis

QB Kellen Clemens

This is what we're rebuilding with. Every other position needs serious upgrade consideration. Did I miss anyone?

K Coleman

TJ

Elam

Brad Smith

Eric Smith

Horrible, or just not fast enough for you?

20 year plans aren't fast enough for any winning NFL team. Teams that rebuild these days are called the Arizona Cardinals, SF 49ers, and the Houston Texans. Gee, I guess we see how rebuilding really works.

They've brought in Revis, Harris, Dbrick, and Mangold. Not one is a pro bowler yet, but who knows. Other than that they haven't done a thing to rebuild.

Thomas Jones will be out of the NFL by the time they rebuild into a contender. I laugh at people who call it a rebuilding season when the team is 1-7. Yet before the season not many people were calling this a rebuilding year.

Who thought they'd go 1-15 or 2-14? Nobody from what I recall. Saying it's rebuilding as an excuse for this regime is lame. Rebuilding means you don't bring in a 29 year old RB. You don't continue to start a 30 something year old QB. You play Brad Smith at WR more. You play Leon Washington at RB more. Rebuilding isn't sticking with older players and then only when you lose you call it rebuilding cause your plan isn't working.

Winning teams don't rebuild anymore, they retool. If the Jets draft OL and DL, bring in some good free agents, bring in that OL from Pittsburgh, and stop acting like they know it all, things can turn around next season. The problem is, the same problems they had last season are the same problems they have this season. Retooling means improving, not getting worse at everything.

Trade Bait:

#1 - Vilma

#2 - Pennington

#3 - Jmac

Cap Casualities/Release:

#1 - D.Rob

#2 - Barrett

They screwed up.... they will be lucky to get a 4th for Vilma... most likely a 5th or so...

Chad will not be traded... nobody is taking on that contract... especially for a benched starter

Jmac will not be traded.... too big of a contract and he sucks...

This team is not rebuilding... its being dismantled by a ****ty staff..

They screwed up.... they will be lucky to get a 4th for Vilma... most likely a 5th or so...

Chad will not be traded... nobody is taking on that contract... especially for a benched starter

Do you have any idea what Chad's cap # would be on another team next year? If he's the starter, it's nothing. Under $5M & there's no accelerated cap hit/penalty for cutting him. If he keeps the job the next year it's just under $6M. After that it drops to $2.3M. Hardly a cap-busting contract by today's standards. And that's with zero signing bonus that his new team has to shell out.

If we can't trade him it's because he's a sh*tty quarterback with no arm & an acute case of the panics; it will not because of his contract.

Vilma - I think we'd get a day one pick for him. Around the league some still think that if he was in the 4-3 that it would be like sprinkling magic beans on his head & that he's this scary-good MLB. Worst I think we'd get is a 3rd & if it's that low it's only because of his injury & it's no secret he's a bad fit here.

I can't see anyone even giving up a 7th for JMac unless he has a couple of solid games towards the end of the season (yeah, right).

Right on about Vilma. Thats all on Tangini. They knew he was undersized for theyre nonsense 3-4 defense. Instead of trading him, they hold him, and now is out for the year with a bum knee. Anyone who thinks were getting more than a 4th or 5th rounder is crazy.

Chad is tradeable. Not a terrible cap number. Minnesota is a nice spot for him. Diesel running game, up and coming defense, and also 8 home games in dome.

Jmac....lol, he sucks.

Right on about Vilma. Thats all on Tangini. They knew he was undersized for theyre nonsense 3-4 defense. Instead of trading him, they hold him, and now is out for the year with a bum knee. Anyone who thinks were getting more than a 4th or 5th rounder is crazy.

Chad is tradeable. Not a terrible cap number. Minnesota is a nice spot for him. Diesel running game, up and coming defense, and also 8 home games in dome.

Jmac....lol, he sucks.

Actually, Minnesota is an excellent place for him. And they're usually WAYYYY under the cap.

Do you have any idea what Chad's cap # would be on another team next year? If he's the starter, it's nothing. Under $5M & there's no accelerated cap hit/penalty for cutting him. If he keeps the job the next year it's just under $6M. After that it drops to $2.3M. Hardly a cap-busting contract by today's standards. And that's with zero signing bonus that his new team has to shell out.

If we can't trade him it's because he's a sh*tty quarterback with no arm & an acute case of the panics; it will not because of his contract.

Vilma - I think we'd get a day one pick for him. Around the league some still think that if he was in the 4-3 that it would be like sprinkling magic beans on his head & that he's this scary-good MLB. Worst I think we'd get is a 3rd & if it's that low it's only because of his injury & it's no secret he's a bad fit here.

I can't see anyone even giving up a 7th for JMac unless he has a couple of solid games towards the end of the season (yeah, right).

To be honest, I was surprised to hear the rumors about Penny getting traded before the deadline to Minnesota..but looking at their team, he would be a perfect fit until Jackson develops or they draft another QB. Guess: Chad = 3rd rder

I don't care what anybody has said about him in the past year and half, since he's been drafted he is a monster and a playmaker on D. If it weren't for him not having the size for our system he would be a the prototype player you would want on your team. Get a 4-3 team in need of a LB and are on defensive rebuild mode -- Bengals or Saints -- or a team that has a missing link to put them over the top. Guess: Vilma = 2nd rder

As for Jmac his stock has just plummeted, so maybe chances of him being trade bait are a stretch. Still, a team like Tennessee or Houston that need a vet WR could throw a 7th rder our direction.

To be honest, I was surprised to hear the rumors about Penny getting traded before the deadline to Minnesota..but looking at their team, he would be a perfect fit until Jackson develops or they draft another QB. Guess: Chad = 3rd rder

I don't care what anybody has said about him in the past year and half, since he's been drafted he is a monster and a playmaker on D. If it weren't for him not having the size for our system he would be a the prototype player you would want on your team. Get a 4-3 team in need of a LB and are on defensive rebuild mode -- Bengals or Saints -- or a team that has a missing link to put them over the top. Guess: Vilma = 2nd rder

As for Jmac his stock has just plummeted, so maybe chances of him being trade bait are a stretch. Still, a team like Tennessee or Houston that need a vet WR could throw a 7th rder our direction.

Vilma, with 1 year left on his deal, and now coming off a knee injury...forget a 2nd rounder. This past offseason, yes, we could have. Now, forget it.

Chad- He nets us a 4th round pick.

Jets Depth Chart

Last updated: 8/15/2007

Offense

Quarterback

10 - Chad Pennington

11 - Kellen Clemens X

8 - Marques Tuiasosopo

Runningback

20 - Thomas Jones X

29 - Leon Washington X

Fullback

37 - Darian Barnes X

45 - Stacy Tutt

Wide Receiver

87 - Laveranues Coles X (maybe trade bait?)

89 - Jerricho Cotchery X

81 - Justin McCareins

16 - Brad Smith X

83 - Chansi Stuckey X

15 - Wallace Wright X

Tight End

86 - Chris Baker X

88 - Sean Ryan

40 - Joe Kowalewski

82 - Jason Pociask

85 - James Dearth

Left Tackle