ARod is Opting out of his contract

Smizzy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
**** YOU A-ROD

lol this might be the thing we need. look at the Giants without Tiki Barber

more chemistry, less attention paid to an overpaid superstar

i must admit though, Alex was a crucial key of us making the playoffs in 2007 and hes NEVER going to earn anybodies respect if he keeps changing teams. he's going to eat up another teams payroll now

If he opts out so be it. I would love to have him back. He is the greatest player of this generation. But pitching wins championships. The only balls he threw this year were to a stripper in Toronto.

So if he wants to go -- nice knowing ya.

He's a fool. The Cubs or Angels might sign him, and may be the Sawx. But he's taken the biggest bidder out of the bidding, and there's no guarantee that there's anyone else taht can go that high. A-rod made sense for the Yanks with somehwere between $21 to 30 million for the Rangers. take that money away,a nd it's less sensible.

Tom Hicks must be popping champagne corks somewhere.

Epstein will be ina serious quandary. They've come to like Loweel, and evn thoguh he's older he's a decnet player with some time left that will br reasonable. A-rod at shortstop is sitll a possibilty, but it will put the Sawx and their fans in a pickle. They won't be those hardscrabble underdogs any more. They will be the Evil Empire. Take A-rod off the Yankees and put him on the Sawx at $30 million per and do the math-the Olde Towne Team would have the biggest payroll. A whole bunch higher too, since Clemens comes off the books.

His bat will be missed. the Yanks don't make the playoffs this year without him, but there becomes a whole host of options-trades, position shifts(Cano, Jeter) are going to be explored.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass, ass. Good bye and good riddance.

Ill never be in ARODs shoes, but the guy currently has the next 4 generations of his family set financially, how much more money does he really need? Doesnt he want to start building a legacy for himself, on a team like the Yankees? And its not like the Yanks are refusing to extend him. They are willing to offer him a sweet deal.

You can't blame Arod. The Tampax braintrust ran Joe out the door and Arod made it clear that the unknown status of Posada, Pettitte and Rivera were factors in his decision.

The Steingrabbers ran off the best manager in baseball and the best player in baseball. The best closer in history may follow, along with Pettite and Posada.

Get ready for some bad years, Yankees fans.

You can't blame Arod. The Tampax braintrust ran Joe out the door and Arod made it clear that the unknown status of Posada, Pettitte and Rivera were factors in his decision.

The Steingrabbers ran off the best manager in baseball and the best player in baseball. The best closer in history may follow, along with Pettite and Posada.

Just wait till the Sox win this series and Georgie has a stroke.

Yea, Im sure AROD was so distraught that a manager who hung him out to dry in that SportS Illustrated article last year is no longer managing.

AROD was opting out regardless. Scott Boras is his agent for crying out loud.

Yea, Im sure AROD was so distraught that a manager who hung him out to dry in that SportS Illustrated article last year is no longer managing.

AROD was opting out regardless. Scott Boras is his agent for crying out loud.

He could've gotten serious coin from the Yankees. Hiring Boras(and no knock on Boras, this is what he does)tells you it's all about cash money, brother. If anyone believes for a second A-rod gives a flying eff about who the manager is or who the players are, they need a serious reality check. Boras leaves not a dime on the table.

Yep. Some of these kids who've never known anything except Yankee success are about to get a taste of the early 70s and all of the 80s.

All of the 80's might be good. The Yankees finished in 2nd place just about every year. If they do that again they get the wildcard now.

The times, they are a changing.

Who did you want Bob? I wanted Torre back. Mattingly or Girardi both were fine replacements for me. I think Joe G has the much higher upside and that Don actually had the more risk associated with him.

All of the 80's might be good. The Yankees finished in 2nd place just about every year. If they do that again they get the wildcard now.

The times, they are a changing.

Who did you want Bob? I wanted Torre back. Mattingly or Girardi both were fine replacements for me. I think Joe G has the much higher upside and that Don actually had the more risk associated with him.

Of the three they interviewed, I wanted Pena. I agree that Mattingly does not appear to be ready. Unfortunately, Girardi has already screwed the pooch in Florida. We KNOW he's a terrible fit for the Yanks.

Ideally, of course, Torre would have been back.

We're doomed.

Of the three they interviewed, I wanted Pena. I agree that Mattingly does not appear to be ready. Unfortunately, Girardi has already screwed the pooch in Florida. We KNOW he's a terrible fit for the Yanks.

Ideally, of course, Torre would have been back.

We're doomed.

Right. The Yankees are gonna trot out the Royals in 2008. Okay Bob.

And Kellen Clemens is total trash too.

I think Arod opting out was the worst kept secret in the world, and I don't believe for a second that the Yanks won't pursue him. We all know Arod's going to the club that flashes the biggest dollar sign, but then again, he might still be pissed at the way he's been treated by fans and media alike the past few years.

I think Arod opting out was the worst kept secret in the world, and I don't believe for a second that the Yanks won't pursue him. We all know Arod's going to the club that flashes the biggest dollar sign, but then again, he might still be pissed at the way he's been treated by fans and media alike the past few years.
The Yankees losing between $21 and 30 million subsidy from the Rangers make it very unlikely they will jump in and bid. A-rod basically raised his cost to the Yankees by that much. How does he go back to them now?

New York fans treat their players badly? Surely you Jets--er,jest. :character41:

Archived