Sign in to follow this  
Smizzy

ARod is Opting out of his contract

It's true. How else can you explain Wang's success?

I'm looking forward to madmikes response.

Is there a stat you and I don't know about that will prove Giambi is Hall of Famer and that he had similiar stats to Ortiz in '05 & '06?

Gheeese Mike now you're just talking like an idiot. GGGGGGGet real for once will you or just ignore the baseball forum like you were going too.

Gotta agree MadMike.....if 2 GM's were given the choice of Ortiz and Giambi, the loser(ie the GM who ended up with Giambi) surely wouldn't say to himself "that's ok look at Giambi's OPS".

Gotta agree MadMike.....if 2 GM's were given the choice of Ortiz and Giambi, the loser(ie the GM who ended up with Giambi) surely wouldn't say to himself "that's ok look at Giambi's OPS".

Yeah, but that GM would only be showing how stupid he is and how little he really knows about baseball

Seriously though...another way to look at it is this...if Ortiz and Giambi both became free agents tomorrow...who wold get the better contract?

It's true. How else can you explain Wang's success?

When the hell did I ever use wins as a reason for anything let alone his success.

Yeah, but that GM would only be showing how stupid he is and how little he really knows about baseball

Seriously though...another way to look at it is this...if Ortiz and Giambi both became free agents tomorrow...who wold get the better contract?

This is getting very badly warped. I never said that Ortiz wasn't as good as Giambi. He's better. All i said was that if Ortiz's speed doesn't make him worthless than Giambi's doesn't either. The idea that it's possible for a slow player to clog up the bases is complete and utter BS.

When the hell did I ever use wins as a reason for anything let alone his success.

I'm talking about his WHIP and K/9.

I'm talking about his WHIP and K/9.

His WHIP is fine and he's a guy (like Fausto Carmona and Roy Halladay) who can succeed with a low k9 becuase he gives up hardly any XBH and his GF ratio is so good.

The idea that it's possible for a slow player to clog up the bases is complete and utter BS.

Care to elaborate? Or is just the way it is?

His WHIP is fine and he's a guy (like Fausto Carmona and Roy Halladay) who can succeed with a low k9 becuase he gives up hardly any XBH and his GF ratio is so good.

Are you sure he isn't so good because of the 6+ runs that the Yankees score on average for every one of his starts this year? ;)

EDIT-OOOPS, my bad-Wang was second in run support in the AL, with 7.04 runs scored for him.

This is getting very badly warped. I never said that Ortiz wasn't as good as Giambi. He's better. All i said was that if Ortiz's speed doesn't make him worthless than Giambi's doesn't either. The idea that it's possible for a slow player to clog up the bases is complete and utter BS.

Why? Have you not seen it happen repeatedly? I have. I watch at least 100 yankees games every summer. It happens OFTEN.

I will not deny things I see.

You said that Ortiz and Giambi had similar stats in '05 & '06 and that Giambi is a borderline Hall of Famer.

You were proven wrong on the Ortiz/Giambi comparison and laughed at over the claim that Giambi is worthy of the HOF.

How is this getting warped?

BTW: When was the last time Giambi went from 1st to 3rd when the batter hits a single?

A-Rod a Mud Hen? Triple-A Toledo makes offer

November 1, 2007

TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) -- Alex Rodriguez a Mud Hen?

Spurred by an offhand remark from George Steinbrenner's son, the Triple-A Toledo Mud Hens want in on the A-Rod sweepstakes.

The Mud Hens playfully offered the prize free agent a deal Thursday -- a contract proposal that includes a bonus for hitting 75 home runs next year and leading them to 10 straight International League titles.

Rodriguez recently opted out of his $252 million, 10-year contract with the New York Yankees. That prompted Hank Steinbrenner, son of the Yankees owner, to tell the New York Times: "Does he want to go into the Hall of Fame as a Yankee, or a Toledo Mud Hen?"

The Mud Hens conjured up an offer to find out, said Jason Griffin, a spokesman for the Detroit Tigers' top farm team.

Toledo created a Hall of Fame plaque of Rodriguez wearing a Mud Hens hat and sent a letter to his agent, Scott Boras.

The deal stipulates that Rodriguez will have to compete for a spot with Toledo third basemen Mike Hessman, the league's most valuable player last season.

"Would your client be willing to play a different position?" the letter asked. :character41: