Countdown to College Basketball

Jetsfan80

We are 1 week away, people. The season begins on November 5th. Despite the fact that college football season is heating up, this fact is worthy of a thread. Don't like it? Post in one of the other dozen football threads in this forum.

Now, for those of you reamining, I turn to you:

ARE YOU READY FOR BASKETBALL SEASON?

How is Oregon looking this season?

It will all come down to how Tajaun Porter deals with becoming the PG. Losing Aaron Brooks is a huge blow even though we have all the other starters returning and apparently one of our freshman should be able to get solid minutes in at PG. We could be just as good as last year if not better as long as we find someone else to start making the clutch shots Brooks made whenever we needed them last year. The other issue is also just how good the Pac-10 is this year, UCLA, USC, WSU, Arizona, Oregon, Stanford are all in the preseason top 25.

cant wait for hofsta baby. We finally got a frontcourt!!! AGUDIOS A BEAST. From my high school. h-o-f-s-t-r-a HOFSTRA!!:thumbup:

You guys will be playing us here on Jan. 10th, and the game will be on ESPNU. Look for me, I'll be the guy wearing a teal-painted, beaten up cowboy hat and jeering the Hofstra players (particularly Agudio and Greg "Playstation" Johnson).

Good luck to Hofstra....at least in non-conference play. And by the way, no, you still don't have an adequate frontcourt. :lol:

You guys will be playing us here on Jan. 10th, and the game will be on ESPNU. Look for me, I'll be the guy wearing a teal-painted, beaten up cowboy hat and jeering the Hofstra players (particularly Agudio and Greg "Playstation" Johnson).

Good luck to Hofstra....at least in non-conference play. And by the way, no, you still don't have an adequate frontcourt. :lol:

lol. its better than gadley last year. holy crap wat a bum. do u post at caazone.com? ya play at HU baby dec 1st. I should be going to that game, i go to most of them. yeah, where always on espnu when we play u. Good luck for your nonconference.

I think you guys come up to ECU as well this year, don't ya?

I think you guys come up to ECU as well this year, don't ya?

im pretty sure we dont. but yeah its gonna be a good game when you come to hofstra. We always have tight games vs. you. Last year i think it was a great game against uncw and it was on tv.

lol. its better than gadley last year. holy crap wat a bum. do u post at caazone.com? ya play at HU baby dec 1st. I should be going to that game, i go to most of them. yeah, where always on espnu when we play u. Good luck for your nonconference.

Yes, I'm a "Zonie", and I post as "Seahawk Nation 08"

Yes, we play ECU on the road this year. I might be making the trip to Greenville (as I did 2 years ago) if I can get enough people to go with.

Sweet--i'll be there and the State game for sure. Basketball isnt a big deal for most of these guys, so I'll never have a problem getting a ticket lol. You guys have a pretty good team this year, no?

Sweet--i'll be there and the State game for sure. Basketball isnt a big deal for most of these guys, so I'll never have a problem getting a ticket lol. You guys have a pretty good team this year, no?

One can only hope. Our star player, G TJ Carter was among our best players on a team that won 25 games in the 2005-2006 season (he was the CAA Tourney MVP and put up 25 pts vs. George Washington in our NCAA Tournament game that year), but sat out last season with a sports hernia and took a medical redshirt. That, the fact that we had a new coach (former Charlotte assistant Benny Moss), lack of depth and other problems led to a 7-22 season last year.

This year, however, Carter is back along with 3 other seniors (Todd Hendley, Vlad Kuljanin, Daniel Fountain) and instead of 10 active players on the roster, we have 13. In addition, our recruiting class looks promising. Our biggest issues are at PG and depth in the post, but we have a lot of quality wing players and will, hopefully, play a lot better on the defensive end this year as well.

I would anticipate that my UNC Wilmington Seahawks win between 17-20 games this year, and finish 3rd or 4th in the CAA behind George Mason, VCU, and possibly Old Dominion.

Archived